Chapter 10: What the f-

You're My Kryptonite
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tiffany POV

 

Jessi was under the covers in a ball. I was cuddled up next to her. Clinging onto her for dear life. I put the pizza down near the beginning of the movie knowing that the both of us wouldn't touch it at all during the movie. I don't even know why we got pizza in the first place. Suddenly, on the screen, the red demon guy was behind the dad. Jessi and I screamed. Jessi’s scream was really high pitched. Like glass breaking, dolphin screeching high pitched. I think I may or may not have lost hearing in one of my ears. Now Jessi was actually starting to cry in fear; I was on the verge of crying. I decide to end this stupid movie since both of us weren't enjoying it at all. I turned the DVD player off and ran to turn the lights on.

 

Suddenly, a knock came from the door. Both Jessi and I practically jumped out of our skins.

“Girls? Was that you two screaming? Are you okay?” My dad said through the door.

“Y-Yeah Appa. we were just watching a scary movie. That's all” my heart was racing a million beats per minute.

“Okay. I'm going to be downstairs then if you need me”

“Oh wait! I have a new friend I want you to meet Appa”

I pulled Jessi out of the bed and opened the door.

“This is Jessica Jung Sooyeon”

“Hello, Hwang-ssi. It's nice to meet you” she bowed at him.

“No need to call me that. You are making me sound old. Drop the formalities. Call me Ahjushi” he smiled at Jessi. She lifted her head and smiled at him.

“Alright A-Ahjushi”

“Wait, you are a Jung correct?”

“Neh Ahjushi”

He paused for a second.

“Do you happen to know anyone in your family named Jacob Jung?”

“N-Neh. That's my father”

“He got married? Who was it? Ava or Xiao?”

“Ava,” she said.

“Nice catch. Sorry if this is weird Jessica. We went to highschool together. How is that old fart doing?”

Jessi smiled awkwardly at him.

“H-He’s doing good”

“That's good. We use to play baseball together back in the day. He was captain. I was his right-hand man on the team. Tell him that Anthony Hwang sends his regards will you?”

“I will”

“Great” he turned back to me. “I’ll be downstairs sweetheart, shout if you need anything” he smiled and waved goodbye.

“How weird” I finally said. “Your dad and my dad use to be friends back in the day”

“Yeah… I'm hungry. Let's eat”

Jessi sat down and grabbed a pizza slice. Munching away. I rolled my eyes and grinned. Her attention span is about the size of a walnut, but oh well. I was pretty hungry myself. I picked up a slice and started eating as well, smiling at the strawberry blonde.

 

“Aish! I'm so full!” I said patting my tummy.

“I think I have a food baby now. I'm going to name him Nelson”

Jessi finished her pizza slice. Then looked at me and laughed. Her delayed reaction made me laugh with her. She then put her hand on my stomach.

“How many months?” She asked.

I laughed and shoved her hand off my stomach.

“You’re such a dork” I stuck my tongue out.

“I may be a dork, buy you love me” she joked. Yeah… as friends right…? I chuckled at her joke, unsure of how to respond. The room filled with more awkward silence. Jessi looked over at me and raised an eyebrow. By God, she looked so cute. Her face was in the middle of her chewing. She looked like a chipmunk stuffing nuts into its mouth.

“Are you okay?” I nodded and smiled. She swallowed her pizza bite and crawled over towards me. Very close to me. Both my hands went behind me on the floor. She placed a hand on my forehead and another on my shoulder.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter