Chapter 13: Tiffany?

You're My Kryptonite
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica POV

 

Slap

My head snapped to the left. I staggered back a bit, holding my cheek. Yubin stood away from me, leaning on one leg with one hand on her hip. Her posey behind her. There was only two minions behind her this time.

“How much money do you have on you, Jung?” She shoved me back against the wall.

“I-I only h-have a t-twenty,” I stammered, fixing my glasses.

“That's it?” She scoffed.

“Y-Yes, it's my l-lunch money. P-Please don't take it. I-I’m going out a-after school.” I lied through my teeth.

“With who? You don't have any friends. Who would want to be friends with someone like you?”

She grabbed my collar and held me against the wall.

“I-I-I have T-Tiffan-”

“Tiffany? As in Hwang Tiffany? Like the loud, ugly obnoxious Hwang Tiffany?”

I nodded, pushing my glasses back. She looked at me and suddenly started to laugh. Her posey started to laugh with her.

“Hwang Tiffany. Friends with you? That can't even tell left from right! She may be the captain of the volleyball team but I know she would never be friends with the likes of you.”

She let go of my collar, her face still extremely close to mine.

“No one would want to be friends with a homeless geeky piece of trash like you,” she sneered, her words dripping like poison.

“I-I'm not homeless-”

“Oh right! You were adopted. Aka tossed away like garbage. An unwanted piece of garbage.”

She pulled her face away from mine. I sunk to the ground, my tears b to the edge. Threatening to fall at any moment. I usually ignore her insults but that really ing hurt. She bent down and put her finger under my chin.

“I need more money, Jung,”

“I-I don't have-”

“Well get it! Run home if you have to! I’m going out tonight as well. Nichkhun is taking me out,”

“I-I can't run home! Th-That's a sixty-minute walk from h-here!” I argued back.

“Run fast,” she smirked at me, crossing her arms.

“W-What if you t-took my math homework! I f-finished it last-”

“Did I say you could speak?”

I flinched and vigorously shook my head. Oh, how I wish I could just beat up these girls right now. I could do it so easily! She sighed and rolled her eyes.

“Hand over the twenty and your math. I expect fifty and your math homework again tomorrow Jung.”

I dug my hand into my skirt pocket, shakily taking out my wallet.

“Stop right there, Jessi!” I snapped my head to the entrance of the hall. It was Tiffany! “Tiffany,” I breathed out. I finally let my tears fall. I don't like it when people see me cry. It makes me feel vulnerable, but Tiffany was an exception. She was someone that I would truly open up to. I stared at my beautiful eye-smiling gem. But Tiffany looked pissed. HellFany was back. She stomped over and slapped Yubin. Straight across the face. Her head snapped to the left, just like mine a few minutes ago.

“Leave her alone, Kim.” Tiff growled, stepping in front of me. Her skirt swooshed to the right and I got a small glimpse of her hot pink g-string. I blushed furiously and looked down. Stopping being a byuntae. I waved my hand in front of my face, trying to cool myself down. Is it hot in here or is it just me?

“I’m busy right now. I’ll deal with you at a different time.” Yubin shoved Tiffany into the wall. Tiff winced but stood her ground. She stepped in between me and Yubin again.

“I'm not moving, Kim. If you want to deal with her, you’re going to have to deal with me first.” Tiffany looked so hot right now; all mad and protective. I could definitely get use to that. I slapped my cheeks. Stop it Jung. Not right now, I said! Yubin stepped forward, getting very close to Tiff.

“Get the hell. Out. Of. My. Way, Hwang.”

“Don't make me go there, Kim. Remember last time?”

Yubin flinched for the first time in forever. Well, it was a first for me. Yubin glared at Tiff then at me.

“I’ll be back, Jung.” She shot back dangerously, not even taking a glance back. Tiffany sighed and stretched her arms.

“I hate that . She just ruins everyone’s day. Her very existence ruins my day. Every. Single. day.”

Tiffany sighed out then bent down slightly and extended out her hand.

“Come on Jess, let's go to the library. We still have a good half an hour.”

I pulled in and wrapped my arms around her body.

“J-Jessi?” She seemed shocked.

I just needed a big hug. Yubin’s word’s really hurt this time. It hit home. Tiffany wrapped her arms around me and that's when waterworks started to come again. After a while, my breathing started to regulate and I pulled away.

“Th-Thanks Tiff,” I sniffled. She cupped my face in her soft warm hands, using her thumb to wipe away my falling tears.

“No problem, Jessi. I was getting really tired of her bullying everyone. She does it all the time.”

So it wasn't just for me. She just stands up against Yubin regularly. I should have known. I'm just like Nichkhun said. A nobody. I looked down in my lap, fiddling with my fingers. She lifted my chin and looked me in the eyes. Giving me the warmest smile I've ever gotten. My heart started racing a million times a minute.

Thump, thump. Thump, thump.

“I protected you, you protected me. now we're even-”

“I don't want to just be ‘even’ Tiff. I want to protect you, always. No matter where you are or how far. Say it and I'm there. I’ll fly to wherever you are.”

Her face looked so sad that I said this.

“... thanks, Jessi, I wish that were true,” she smiled weakly this time.

“It is! You saw how I beat up Nichkhun for you! I’ll always protect you!” I proclaimed. She smiled weakly again. Such a fake smile.

“Alright, Jessi. I’ll take your word for it. Don't let me down.”

Then we hugged again. She stood up and brushed off her skirt.

“Now let's go,” she held her hand down. I grabbed on and pulled myself up.

“Ready Jessi? I’m starving! I didn't finish my pizza!”

I laughed at my silly crush and squeezed her hand. She squeezed back and we walked out of that small dingy hallway with nothing but smiles.

 

As we walked into the library, we waved to the librarian. I think she gave me a thumbs up. I don't know if Tiffany saw that but I really hope not. That ahjumma is always embarrassing me. In a funny way though. Not humiliating or mean, like some people I know. Anyways, we were climbing the long staircase until we reached my spot. Well, o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter