Prologue - The Beginning

You're My Kryptonite
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

NO POV

Thwunk, thwunk, thwunk. Was the sound of paper balls being thrown into a garbage can. There in a tiny little office, sat a young man, in his early thirties, trying to wrap his mind around all the numbers he needed to tally for his new house. After a few more shots, he sighed in exhaustion and threw his last wad of paper into the trash can.

Kaboom

The young man widened his eyes and stared dead at the little waste bin. He wadded up another paper ball, eyes still on the basket and threw it in. Another clash was sounded. He jumped from his chair and cautiously went towards the garbage bin. He picked it up quickly, turning it inside out and inspecting it from side to side, inside and out, front to back. Nothing was found. The young man was dumbstruck. He shook his head, shrugged his shoulders and started to pick up the trash. Suddenly, another boom was overheard and a flash of lightening. Unexpectedly, the office door swung open and a woman’s head popped out.

“Jacob, honey? What was that? Is that you?” She yawned and stretched her arms, eyes half open. The woman came into the tiny room and hugged her husband from behind.

“I don’t know” was all the man said. All of a sudden, another flash of light shined through the window and the earth shook once more, then yet again, everything was as calm as can be. The woman’s eyes widened, she was definitely awake now.

“Jacob, get the shotgun and go check it out. I'll call the police” the woman spewed out as fast as she could before swiftly leaving the room.

“Wait, love, Ava, please” The man grabbed his wife’s hand.

“The police aren’t gonna do anything. Why don’t we both go check it out? Besides, I’m sure someone saw it and reported it already so let’s go check it out ourselves before police arrive. It will be fun. Just like in the old days” Jacob said with a wide grin.

Ava sighed and chuckled at the stupid adventures she’s shared with her husband. Ava looked at her husband cautiously then smiled.

“Alright. Just a quick peek” she spoke defeatedly as she slipped her shoes on and grabbed a flashlight. Jacob smiled and grabbed his shotgun, shoes, and hat. Being in the middle of nowhere wasn’t one of the greatest things the world has brought upon them. Being an hour away from the nearest grocery store and police station was definitely a pain in the , but tonight, it was a great thing. The couple laced their fingers together and made their way to the rising smoke and large pile of dirt. When they got closer, Ava let go of Jacob’s hand, spinning around to face her lover. She leaned in and very softly, whispered in his ear.

“Race you there” she smirked and stole a kiss, then took off in a heartbeat. Jacob looked dumbstruck and finally realized what was happening. He shook his head and chuckled at his lover running. Finally, catching up to his partner, he put a hand on her shoulder and laughed. Ava gazed at the pile of rubble with horror on her face, as if she had seen a ghost. Jacob’s laughter soon died when he too, spotted the pile of rubble. Ava ran down into the small crater to get a better look at the metal pill-shaped pod.

“Ava? Ava get back here please!” Jacob yelled, chasing after his wife. Ava studied the ten-foot pod with astonishment. She looked at the sides of the giant metal pod an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter