Caught Between 2 Vampires

Unsteady
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 19: Caught Between 2 Vampires (3029 words)

 

“Perfect” - Ed Sheeran

Baby, I'm dancing in the dark with you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song
When you said you looked a mess, I whispered underneath my breath
But you heard it, darling, you look perfect tonight

 

A/N: I've decided to reveal my twitter! Follow me to get updates, fic recs, give suggestions, ask questions, fangirl over BTS, seventeen and more :) I would love to hear from y'all <3 It's @nat_a_joke

 

MINGYU POV

 

Mingyu had tried to not show his hurt on the drive home. Wonwoo had fallen asleep and that made things easier. Frankly, he wanted to kick Seungcheol’s but he knew he couldn’t exactly do that. Seungcheol had won fair and square, he had asked first. Mingyu carried Wonwoo into his house and placed him on his bed.

 

He gave Wonwoo’s mom the keys to her van and hopped on his motorcycle, hoping the ride back would give him some time to clear his head. Right now, he couldn’t get over the rage coursing through him. Most of the anger was inwardly driven.

 

WONWOO POV

 

Wonwoo wished Mingyu would have gone with them to the dance. Wonwoo guessed it was kind of his night off. Still, even though Wonwoo missed Mingyu and it felt like he saw hi at every corner, he had fun getting ready for the dance with Seungcheol. It had been a tough decision this week as they had tried to decide what to go as. They had gone through many options. Wonwoo wanted to do something lowkey, but Seungcheol wanted to do a dramatic couples costume.

 

When Wonwoo had asked him why, Seungcheol had just said that those were the funniest and coolest ones to do. It was another thing Wonwoo missed about Mingyu. Mingyu always pushed him out of his comfort zone, in the most obnoxious way. Yet, at the same time, he managed to constantly consider how Wonwoo felt, and never pushed for what he wanted. Yet, with Seungcheol it was always his way or the highway.

 

Seungcheol and Mingyu were so similar really, both headstrong, aggressive, charming and possessive. However, they went about things different ways. In the end, they had agreed on Jacob and Edward from twilight. It wasn’t what Wonwoo wanted at all, definitely still much too attention grabbing for Wonwoo’s preferences. However, it was better than some of the other ideas Seungcheol had. Like Buzz and Woodie or Thing 1 and Thing 2 or prince charming and cinderfella.

 

His Jacob costume was simple, nothing too clearly werewolf like. He wore a simple black button down, and a y looking slicked back wig. His makeup was also simple, clean and obvious, with some eyeliner to clearly make his eyes pop. He was never good at make up. Mingyu always had done his make up. Seungcheol helped fill in his eyebrows but he still didn’t feel like the costume fit him too well and the make up didn’t look right.

 

 

 

Wonwoo glanced at his phone as he got ready. Mingyu had never replied to his text asking when he would get there. Wonwoo sent another text, just a simple hey.

 

“Are you gonna spend the whole dance texting another guy?” Seungcheol laughed, taking the phone out of Wonwoo’s hand. C’mon Won, it’ll be fun. Ya know, normally people pregame these things. Not that we were ever the partying type, but the guys were gonna have something before the dance. I looked it up and everything, you can have a drink if you want. No more than one, but you should drink one! High school experience, right?”

 

Wonwoo shrugged, scrunching up his nose, “No thanks. I’d prefer not too.” He paused, glancing towards his phone in Seungcheol’s hand and looking down, “Do you know if Mingyu is going to be there?”

 

Seungcheol looked away, “Um, I don’t think so.” His hands drew through his hair, pushing it up and readjusting it. His dark black hair was also pushed up, what Wonwoo’s wig was supposed to look like. Cheol looked good, natural and confident in his outfit. He had very pale make up on, with some light red eyeliner smudged around his eyes, giving him that vampire look. He had a simple whit button down with rips in it that they had taken some red markers to to give him “the blood look.” He made the outfit look goos, in the intimidating way that cheol could.

 

“You invited him right? You told me you would…” Wonwoo’s voice faded off. He didn’t want to start anything with Seungcheol. They’d had fun, and tonight would be fine. He just felt very anxious, about the dance and not knowing who he should try to be around Seungcheol. He wasn’t necessarily sunshine and rainbows before cancer, but more quiet than the full of hatred and darkness boy he was now.

 

“Huh?” Seungcheol said, ficing his hair again and putting on some lip tint and then handing it to Wonwoo. “Oh that? Yeah, of course. I just don’t know if he’ll come. He always flew solo before ya know? Now that you’re getting better, he’ll probably starting returning to that right?”

 

“Oh” Wonwoo’s eyes dropped. “Yeah, of course.” In reality, he had never thought that. He hadn’t thought about that really. This whole thing with Mingyu wasn’t just the job anymore was it? Or was Wonwoo really just his patient, and Mingyu was really just doing a great job so he could get into med school.

 

Seungcheol looked over, seeming to notice Wonwoo’s drop in mood. “Oh, hey, it’s not a bad thing.” He put his hands on Wonwoo’s shoulders, smiling brightly, “Things are going back to the way they were Won” Seungcheol turned them to face the mirror, “I mean, look at us! It’s like the old days.”

 

Wonwoo laughed, trying to hide his growing anxiety growing in his stomach, he shrugged, “Ha, I’d say we look better than we did a year ago.”

 

Seungcheol laughed, hearty and friendly, and it made Wonwoo wonder if maybe this friendship could ever return to what it used to be, “Exactly!” He clapped Wonwoo on the back with his signature big smile. “Let’s go meet up with the guys. It’s going to be a blast I swear.”

 

 

MINGYU POV

Mingyu’s phone lit up, another text from Wonwoo. He immediately checked it, making sure it was nothing important, but it was just a hey. ‘Wonwoo doesn’t need you, just let him have his fun tonight, let him have his old life back’.

 

He laid back on his bed, throwing his phone to the side so he wouldn’t be tempted to respond to the older boy. He felt such a desperate desire to check on him, to make sure everything was okay. He knew that in reality, it wasn’t his place to do any of that. Seungcheol has been with Wonwoo way longer than Mingyu had, and whether Mingyu wanted to admit it or not, Wonwoo had chosen Seungcheol. Seungcheol would take care of him, Mingyu had no choice but to trust that.

 

He laid in bed feeling sorry for himself for a little while longer, before the door slammed open, startling him.

 

“Get up.” Mingyu looked up to see one of the scariest sights a human could face, an angry Jeonghan.

 

Mingyu stumbled off the bed, taking orders as if he was a 5 year old kid, and Jeonghan was a muscular cop. “Huh?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter