Crave

Unsteady
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 13: Crave

 

Craving You- Thomas Rhett

 

“I never had something that I can’t walk away from.”

A/N: Sorry, Lyrics and Chapter is super short!! Just wanted to get an update out though now that is is officially SUMMER! LOVE YOU ALL PLZ ENJOY> ONLY HALF EDITTED HAHA

<><><><><><> MINGYU POV <><><><><><>

 

Contrary to his expectation, the boys hadn't beaten him up after the game. Mingyu wasn't sure if it was because A) the way he played had made up for his earlier transgressions or B) the quick escape Mingyu had made when the bus dropped them off at the school or simply C) all the other boys had places to be directly after Team Dinner. Either way, Mingyu was extremely grateful to whatever god or reason had granted Mingyu the escape.

 

Mingyu debated whether or not he was safe enough to stop and pull his motorcycle over or wait until he got home. The coach had made everyone turn their phones off for the bus ride and the team dinner. Then Mingyu had to jump straight off the bus and on to his bike just in case the boys had actually decided to jump him. He decided he couldn't wait so he stopped at the first convenience store he saw. He let his bike lean to the side and pulled his phone out.

 

The screen came to life and his lock screen showed 2 new messages and a missed call that concerned him slightly. Unlocking his phone however, he saw he had a text from both Jisoo and Jeonghan and a call from Joshua. Frowning, he opened his message app and clicked on the recently added, "Wonwoo Hyung :):):):)” No new messages. Mingyu tapped on the screen, thinking for a second, before opening a new message and typing, "When I tell you to text me or call me, you should do one of the two. (⁎˃ᆺ˂)." He shook his head, not liking how straightforward it was, but when he went to erase it, he accidentally sent it instead. He cringed for a second before simply shrugging. Straight forward was kind of his game anyways.

 

Mingyu fidgeted for a moment before deciding to call Joshua back instead of just sitting here, waiting for the older's reply. They talked shortly, Josh had simply wanted to invite him over to eat ice cream with Jeonghan and him after the game. Mingyu quickly agreed and said he'd go straight to his house. He was grateful for a distraction from the patient he never stopped thinking about and probably never would. He put his phone away quickly after the call ended, not allowing himself to stop and look for any new notifications.

 

The drive to Josh's house was short since he lived in the apartment complex right next to the convenience store. Joshua had leased the simple but nice apartment with the money his parents sent once a month. Mingyu found it strange that they refused to speak to him but still provided for him. He knew it had been hard for him to use the money at first since he didn't really want anything to do with the parents who wouldn't support him being with the one he loved. Josh's ability to forgive had always been something Mingyu had admired, so he wasn't entirely surprised when Josh he ended up forgiving his parents. He hadn't excused their behavior at all, but he was taking their money and sending them updates on how he was. Mingyu knew he'd never admit it, but he knew Josh had to love the spite that existed in using his parents mother to lease an apartment regularly used to do the “sin” his parents hated so much.

 

As Mingyu pulled his Motorcycle up to the young couples apartment complex, he could feel his phone vibrate in his pocket, but refused to acknowledge it. He could hold out until after he left Joshua’s. Or maybe until after they had finished ice cream. Or maybe until he got inside. Maybe. Mingyu shook his head. Exhausted with how completely Wonwoo could captivate his thoughts.

 

He walked up the steps to the apartment complex and went straight to Josh’s door. Mingyu himself had practically lived here as much as Jeonghan has practically “lived here”. Although in a completely different way. The two had practically raised him.

 

As soon as Mingyu walked into the small apartment, he had all eyes on him. Joshua and Jeonghan were sitting at their small coffee table that was in their “living area” of the apartment. Of course with the open floor plan, you could easily see most areas of the house without much difficulty from this area. Both boys had no coffee, tea, food or ice cream in front of them. Mingyu quickly understood that this was more of a gossip session than a get together. He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter