Starving

Unsteady
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 12: Starving (2400 words)


Starving- Hailee Steinfield

You know just how to make my heart beat faster
Emotional earthquake, bring on disaster
I didn't know that I was starving till I tasted you
Don't need no butterflies when you give me the whole damn zoo

A/N: Lol please comment if you actually read the lyrics, aka my inspiration (not that you have to or it really matters, I'm just curious ;) 😂😂😂😂


<><><><><><>WONWOO POV <><><><><><><>

Seungcheol and Wonwoo had arrived only slightly later than they wanted to for the volleyball game, completely missing the team's warm up. The sun was bright, and Wonwoo couldn't clearly see the volleyball field from where they entered. He could, however, see that all the players were off the sand and resting on the benches. Wonwoo asked Seungcheol if they could move more towards the shaded side, and he told Wonwoo that was where their friends were meeting them anyways. He handed Wonwoo a pair of sunglasses, and Wonwoo nodded gratefully, thankful for the protection since the sun had really started bothering him since he started chemo. Although they had literally just arrived, Wonwoo could feel himself already growing tired.

Thus as he greeted his friends and they all got settled, he looked around for his energy and his distraction (both usually given through blatant obnoxiousness) Kim Mingyu. He still couldn't clearly see which one of the boys on the bench was Mingyu, none of them really clearly looked like him. He felt someone tap him on his shoulder and he turned around to see Joshua and Jeonghan sitting on the second row of the bleachers behind them. Seungcheol was sitting in the sliver of space in the first level between the slots that held the two wheelchairs.

"How does it feel to be out and free?" Joshua smiled and Jeonghan laughed, hitting his boyfriend lightly on the shoulder. This wasn't exactly the cheering up or distraction that he was expecting or previously looking for, but the couple definitely had a warm calming air around them. They were snuggled up on the bleachers as if it was very cold or something. Joshua had his arm wrapped around Jeonghan, who was leaning his head on Joshua with his arms equally interlaced.

Wonwoo smiled softly but genuinely, which was quite meaningful coming from him, "Its nice. I'm tired, but I like being able to do stuff like this. Hanging out with people without an exact schedule and chaperones." All the boys laughed, and Wonwoo appreciated how exactly they understood everything. It made him give Seungcheol a little more slack. In the past month, Wonwoo had only talked to people who had been through it all and understood or Mingyu, but he couldn't expect Seungcheol to have the same level of understanding when he hadn't even included him in his life.

He smiled at Seungcheol sitting next to him and put a hand on his wrist, "Thank you for taking me and coming with me. It really means a lot." Seungcheol smiled and put a hand on Wonwoo's head, patting down the place where the beanie had rode up.

"I've missed you." Seungcheol said with a smile that was more vulnerable and intense than Wonwoo had ever seen from the older. Before he could comment on it however, a whistle blew, signaling the start of the game. Wonwoo turned his body back around in the wheelchair, and looked to the volleyball court.

Finding Mingyu was not difficult at all this time. With his tanned skin, perfectly pushed back black hair, the thin black bandana that complimented him in every way, and oh, the minor fact that he was very very shirtless. No one had told Wonwoo that sand volleyball was played shirtless. Wonwoo could have possibly better prepared himself for the sight that was before him, but no one had warned him. Wonwoo knew Mingyu was considered attractive, and that even he himself, who imagined himself probably more aual than anything, could see and sometimes feel that. Wonwoo could also see that Mingyu was very fit, even with all his clothes on, and if he had to guess, he would have said Mingyu probably had nice abs as well. This was a whole other level. Mingyu's entire torso was the same golden shade as his face. The bronze tone and the sweat that made it shine make Mingyu look like a god, with his very pronounced muscles and abs. The short shorts that made his long legs look even longer, the small tattoo that sat right above his shorts on his torso, and the larger tattoo on the upper right of his back, everything about Mingyu's body was ideal, so Wonwoo couldn't blame himself for ogling right? All lesbians, straight males or auals would agree right?

Once he snapped back to reality, he realized his ogling did not go unnoticed. Seungcheol was glaring, Jihoon was dying with laughter, the two parents of the group behind him were giggling and awing, but that didn't have Wonwoo's attention. He could easily blame his lack of reaction on his indifferent nature, but he'd truthfully blame it on the fact that the owner of the body he was ogling had also been watching him and was now making direct eye contact with him. The tall male had the same goofy smile he always wore, but the eyes that were staring into Wonwoo were anything but goofy. Ming

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter