Changes

Unsteady
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 18: Changes (2343 words)

“Changes” - Lauv

“Changes
They might drive you half insane but
It's killing you to stay the same but
It's all gonna work out
It's all gonna work out someday
Moments
Living with your eyes half open
You've been thinking 'bout these changes
It's all gonna work out
It's all gonna work out someday”

 

 

A/N: Just started writing this again, but I am planning on finishing it over the next few weeks. So PLEASE upvote and comment!! It helps motivate me so much <3. 

MINGYU POV

 

“So…. The Halloween dance is coming up.” Mingyu said, glancing sideways at Wonwoo with a small smile on his lips. The two boys were sitting in Mingyu’s living room on the couch, both highly focused on the TV as Mario and Luigi raced. It was a Saturday. Wonwoo’s favorite activity on Saturdays was to play Mario Kart with Mingyu. Mingyu smiled to himself, Wonwoo loved his routines.

 

“And?” Wonwoo said, scrunching his eyes together, tounge peaking out at his pure level of focus as he tried to pass princess peach on rainbow road

 

Mingyu laughed, “And you’re walking pretty well now…. And your hair has even grown back in a little bit.” That was quite the overstatement, Wonwoo thought to himself. His eyebrows had a thin five-o-clock shadow since they had began to cut down on the harsher radiation treatments.

 

Wonwoo rolled his eyes, tongue sticking out again as he tried to regain speed to save the race. “First off, my eyebrows look like a middle schooler’s mustache that he’s trying to grow in and failing.” Mingyu laughed.

 

“Second off, what’s your angle Gyu? You have a date or something, can’t take care of me? Well, no worries, I’d rather die than go to a dumb high school dance. That’s not even me being depressed. High school dances aren’t exactly essential to mental health. I’d actually say it would have the opposite effect.”

 

Mingyu laughed, “I actually don’t have a date yet,” he paused, flickering his eyes away from the screen to glance at Wonwoo, who was currently looking about as adorably focused. Totally bald and natural right now, no make-up on, eyes scrunched up, and tongue out in focus. Mingyu couldn’t help but take another glance.

 

Wonwoo rolled his eyes, “I’m sure you have someone in mind, the whole school would go with you.”

 

Mingyu smiled slightly, Wonwoo had said the last part under his breath, but Mingyu had heard him. “I do have someone in mind.”

 

“Then take them.” Wonwoo blurted out curtly. His hand slipped as his focus faltered for a second and his motorcycle fell off the rainbow road. “.” Wonwoo muttered.

 


“Actually Wonwoo. I think you should go. Do you wanna be my-“

 

“No.” Wonwoo cut in, pausing the game and turning to the younger.

 

“Wonwoo, c’mon. You didn’t let me finish!”

 

“No. I mean it Mingyu. It doesn’t matter how much make up we put on me or anything. I don’t do dances. I have no desire to go watch everyone, including you dance around all hornily with their date and try to impress everyone else. Not my scene.”

 

Mingyu rolled his eyes, “But I WANT you to go. Actually I was going to ask -“ The door shutting loudly interrupted Mingyu.

 

“Hey Wonwoo ready to go see the new ant man movie?!” Seungcheol said cheerfully, face lighting up at the sight of the boy as he walked in the room.

 

Mingyu huffed, cursing under his breath. Perfect timing. He had forgotten Seungcheol was planning on taking Mingyu out today for something that sounded much too much like a date to Mingyu. Even though Wonwoo would never assume anything in that way, Mingyu watched as he jumped up, quickly going over to grab his wig and put some make up on. Mingyu knew it wasn’t to impress Seunghceol, it was just that he made Wonwoo feel uncomfortable about his state because Seungcheol missed the happy cheery healthy Wonwoo or whatever bull. It was one of the many reasons Mingyu didn’t like the guy.

 

Mingyu walked them both to the door as they were excitedly talking about the marvel movies that had come out while Wonwoo had been MIA. As they left, Mingyu pulled out his cell phone, calling Jeonghan to see if he could third wheel with him and Jisoo at their house. He couldn’t just sit here and imagine for himself a thousand different scenarios of how their “not-date” was going.

 

He got to Jeonghan’s house quickly. Jeonghan and Jisoo had just eaten dinner, so Jeonghan heated some of the leftovers up for Mingyu as he huffed and sat down in the chair.

 

“Woah” Jisoo said, “What’s got your knickers in a twist.”

 

Mingyu blinked, eyes scrunched together as he looked at Jisoo with a tired questioning look, “Im sorry, what?”

 

Jeonghan laughed, sitting the food down in front of Mingyu, “It’s one of Joshua’s cute American sayings! It means what’s bothering you?”

 

Jisoo laughed lightly, “I would guess it starts with a W and rhymes with Bonwoo”

 

Mingyu groaned, rolling his eyes and flaring his arms back dramatically, “It’s the school dance.”

 

“It’s been awhile since we’ve been to a school dance, you’ll have to give a little more explanation.”

 

“Wonwoo doesn’t want to go.”

 

“With you?” Jeonghan questioned.

 

“At all. Well, I didn’t get that far as to with me or anything. I was trying to get there, but he just kept saying he didn’t want to go at all. Like he wasn’t even getting I was trying to ask him, and then Seungcheol showed up, ruined everything. Like usual.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter