The First Time

Lee Hayi One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The first time she heard about Jung Jaewon aka One joining YG Family was when all the BlackPink members were gossiping about him at her apartment. 

“I can’t believe YG picked him up.” Rose gushed fanning herself.  “I’ve been a huge fan of him since Show Me The Money 4.  He is so gorgeous too!”

Jisoo nodded her head in agreement.  “He is definitely going to be a good asset to YG.”

“He’s going to be training for a very long time.” Jennie stated.  “There’s no way in hell he is going to debut before us.”

Lisa pinched her arm and gave her the ‘shut-the--up-look,’ and quickly looked over at Hayi and nervously laughed, “Ah, um...yeah.  Whatever you say Jennie.”

There was bitterness from Jennie’s voice and Hayi knew that she still held a grudge against papa YG for letting a kpop star like her debut first before them.  It’s true that she only had six months of training when she got accepted into YG, but it wasn’t her fault that papa YG debuted her first.  Honestly, she wasn’t fully ready to debut, but papa YG had a lot of faith in her, which led him to change his mind about delaying his new girl group.

Jennie ignored her member’s glares as she continued, “What?  I’m just stating the truth.  His rap is ‘average’ and besides his ‘good looks,’ he doesn’t seem very promising.  When he performed on stage, he wasn’t confident at all.  And, it looks like he is camera shy too.  You can’t be shy in front of the camera.  Why do you think Jang Hyunseung got cut from Big Bang?”

Hayi rolled her eyes at her and defended him, “Honestly, his performance wasn’t that bad.  I thought he rap really good too.”

Jennie raised her right eyebrow up, “You obviously need to re-watch the show then.”

“Would you look at the time?  We gotta get going.”  Jisoo said quickly getting up from the sofa.  She gave Lisa and Rose the “let’s-get-out-of-here-before-a-cat-fight-breaks-out.’

Jennie stood up from the sofa and scoffed, “Whatever.”  She put her shoes on and walked out the door without looking back.

“I’m so sorry for Jennie’s rude behavior Hayi.”  Lisa said putting a hand on her shoulder.

“Yeah, please don’t take it to the heart.  She’s been really moody lately.”  Rose added.  “Just to let you know, I completely agree with you that Jaewon performance wasn’t bad either.”

Hayi smiled, “Thanks Rose.”

“Have a good night Hayi and get some rest,” Jisoo said slightly pushing her members out the door.  Before she closed the door, she whispered, “I think Jennie is jealous of you.”

She gave her a confused look, “Why?”

 “…because she overheard one of the staff members saying Jaewon is a huge fan boy of yours.” Jisoo replied.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The first time she met One was when he ‘accidently’ bumped into her at YG famous cafeteria. 

“Omo!” Hayi cried, dropping her lunch tray on the ground.  Her hot bowl of chili splattered all over her new Jordan shoes.  !

“I’m so sorry!” One cried.  He quickly bent down to clean the mess he caused with some napkins.

She bent down to help him clean and mumbled, “It’s okay.”

“L-Lee Hayi sunbae?” One stuttered, looking embarrassed that he bumped into her and made a complete fool of himself.

She looked at him and gasped.  “J-Jaewon-ish?”

“You know my name?” One said, looking surprised.  However; he was inwardly squealing with happiness that his crush knew his name.

“Who doesn’t know your name?” she teased, not forgetting to smile at him.

One blushed and quickly looked away from her.  His eyes traveled down to her shoes as his eyes widen.  “!  Your shoes!”

She looked down at her shoes and waved her hand, “It’s alright.”  Taking a napkin from the ground, she wiped the chunks of chili away and stood up.  “Are you okay?”

One stood up and sheepishly rubbed his neck.  “I should be asking you that.  I was the one that ran into you.  I’m so sorry.”  He gave her a 90 degree bow.  “Please forgive me sunbae.”

“It’s alright Jaewon,” she assured him.  “I can always wash them.”

“A-

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter