nine

Silver Angels
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Cheon Hwa"

 

Few days past since Prince Lay visited my prison cell. Thanks to him, I was finally healed of most of my injuries, but it wasn't enough. I need to be free of these chains. For the first time, I hungered for the surge of power into my veins. To be free of this captivity before my mentality takes a toll on me. I felt the chains burn my skin. I touched it with the edges of my fingers, all calloused and blemished. When I lift up my arms, the chains skittered down to my lower wrist. There was the insignia of the black angels imprinted on my skin like a dreadful reminded of my lonely cage, but I encouraged myself. 

Don't worry today's the last. 

I sat on the corner of the cell.  Only a tiny bit of sunlight reached me, the rest was drowned in darkness. I missed the sunlight, the fresh smell of flowers, the palm trees, the soft grass, the chirping birds, the sound of water flowing. My lips curved into a smile. I visioned me and the head maid together at the gardens, closing my eyes. For once I felt at peace, but it was quickly replaced with anger as I noticed a shift in the direction of the wind. He was coming to ruin me all over again. 

But I won't let him, not anymore, not today. Not ever again. 

I silently waited for him to entrance me with his delightful presence. A patient version of me would calmly wait and brace herself for whatever he was about to drop on me, but at this moment I was nowhere near patient, so I got off my and stood in front of the door. It took all of my willpower to stop myself from leaping at him the moment he enters, but the chains wouldn't allow me anyway. 

The sound of the door creaking made me jump on place and stumble before a pair of strong lean arms hooked on my waist and brought me to my feet. Oh my ing prince. 

"Careful, little flower." He whispered into my ear which made me flinch. "Was the princess waiting for me?" 

I scoffed loudly. "Sorry, but I am not your damned Juliet" 

He raised an eyebrow at me then I contemplated whether or not if he knew of Romeo and Juliet because if he didn't I would've sounded really stupid, not that I mind. "Uhm, Juliet is one of the characters in a book called---" 

"Shakespeare. I know," He cut me off, rolling his eyes deliberately for me to see.

Okay. 

Steeping out of the darkness, I realized he was dressed differently than usual. An all black suit with a crimson-colored handkerchief on his chestpocket. Any sane woman would easily swoon over him, but I was barely sane and right now I knew that I looked less than a woman. "You-you look different," I commented after what seemed like an eternity of silence. 

"A royal banquet will be held today," He paused. "Queen's orders," After spending weeks in prison with the Wind Prince, I noticed that he never refered to Queen Haesoo as his mother, but it was too risky to ask him about that and I knew all too well he wouln't respond. 

Again, it was quiet, dead as if there was no one in the room. It was deafening. I tugged on my chains. The familar sound of the clanging ringing on my ears. I studied the figure in front of me. He, who was unusually quiet today. Strange, no questions today. Not even one. Then I'll ask, "Is your uncle recovering?" 

His jaw clenched, two brown orbs flickering with unknown emotions. "You better hope he is," He said. "Or else you'd be dead." Even through the lack of light, I could detect that awful smirk growing upon his awful lips. "Sit," He commanded sharply as if I was going to do whatever he says like an obedient pet. 

"What? No!" I blurted out in protest.

"Sit down, Princess Cheon Hwa." He repeated, leaving no room for arguement.

Even though, it stabbed my pride and dignity. I surrendered to him like the prisoner I was. I perched on the steel chair, covered in ashes and blood. The guards at times would force me to sit on the chair whenever they felt like they needed to torture me. It irked me to the bones just by thinking about it. He was speechless again. My patience was wearing off. It would be gone all too soon. 

"I have always been asking you questions. I believe it's your turn." He said, retaining the authorative tone in his voice. 

"Insufferable ," I cursed along with few other profanities I could think of. He ridiculed me with every chance he got. I speculated this to be one of his lousy games. 

"I'm doing you a favor and this is how you thank me?" He cocked his head to my direction. His face laced with amusement. 

"You would be doing me a favor if you kindly unlock this horrid chains and let me go," I retorted, a childish grunt escaping my mouth. My arms crossed over my chest although I didn't event think it was possible consider the weight of the chains. Jae's healing potions must be working. An ounce of strength returned. I took a mental note to ask Jae for some more. 

"Three questions that's all. Wait, neverming, I felt very offended by your comment earlier so I am reducing it to only one," I wanted nothing more but to slap off that smug look on his face. To my disappointment I couldn't. 

"That's not fair," I snapped. 

"Nothing in life is fair, flower." The jerk responded.

"Oh such wise words coming from the one and only Wind prince," I mocked. He threw me a resentful glare. A clear indication that this conversation was going nowhere. 

"One ing question that's all you have before I leave this room." He finalized. "I wouldn't waste it if I were you." 

My eyes narrowed in suspicion. This all seemed wrong. "Why are you suddenly giving me this privilege?" I voiced out my thoughts. However, he brazenly ignored me because for him the floor was more interesting. 

I mentally skimmed through all the possible questions I could ask him. Has anything changed? Were the Diamonds okay? Was Taeyong okay? Is the head maid doing fine? or Why do always ask

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter