six

Silver Angels
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Black Angels"

 

The sound of the queen's metal ring clanking against her metal throne ripples across the room. She was seething, fuming in anger. You could see blazing fire behind her irises. This time so was king, who always seemed to disagree with her. The room fell dead silent. Breaking the ice, few guards walked in. They were Death Sniffers. Behind them was the Obsidian Seer. A half-mortal who has the ability to see images of the past, present and future. Another eye on the middle of her forehead. Her skin painted ivy green, terribly wrinkled almost withered.

The Death Sniffers brought forth a body, conscious but dying. The leader of the Obsidian army also the only brother of the king. 

"Speak." The king demanded. His mouth fixed in a hard line. A deviant spark flares his black orbs, swirling with twisted malevolence. He was the abyss himself. The Obsidian king revealed his true nature. It almost brought everyone to their knees.

One of the Death Sniffers leap forward reluctantly in fear. "Yo-Your majesty, we detected angel essence near the body of Lord Hoon." 

"Who is it? I will crush their bones one by one until they're turned into nothing but ash." Queen Haesoo rises from her throne, eyeing the Death Sniffer with pure loathe. She was loosing patience.

"Th-the angel essence is undetectable, your highness. Please forgive us, but this is beyond our power." The poor Death Sniffer begged. His skeleton body trembles, frightened by the incoming consequence that was inevitable.

"Chanyeol," The king called out the Fire Prince, who already knew what he had to do. He faced the Death Sniffers. All of them. Flame erupted from his hands, hot and angry. All at once, the Death Sniffers were gone, not even a trace of their bodies left. Once he was done, a smile of satisfaction crosses over his face before he returns to his place with the 11 other princes.

"Weaklings. Unworthy of living." The king spat with poison laced in his tongue. He glances over the lifeless woman. "Seer,"

The moment the king spoke the Seer's eyes swirled, changing color; into crimson red. Her bright green skin glows, illuminating the dark room. A strange growling sound comes out of as if she was swallowing glass. After what seemed like eternity, the Seer returns to backs to her normal state. Unlike the Death Sniffer who was drowned in fear, she was impervious emotionless. 

"The Princess of thousand flowers. The one that withhelds two colors." The Seer spoke, smoke coming out of . Her voice was hollow and frail like a ghost. A gleaming light explodes as she disappears into thin air. "Be well, your majesty." 

 

>  >  >

 

"Cheon Hwa"

 

It's been exactly three days since Taeyong locked himself in his room, encasing it with some spell. He wouldn't even allow the maids and butler to enter, not even the queen. I was in front of the room door gazing at the intricate design. I knocked once, twice, thrice. I couldn't hear the slightest sound of movement. "Taeyong, open this door." 

Nothing. 

I lean against the wall, hearing the softest sounds of breath, still refusing to move. He was a hard nut to crack. Stubborn. Indecisive. I couldn't understand him. I tried and failed repeatedly. He told me once that there was a monster in his head. "At first it was hiding then it shows up when during his darkest times." I thought he was crazy- insane then I realized that his powers were devouring him like an ceaseless fire. "The monsters. I used to think they were under your bed. Everyone did. I stopped when I hit me that the monster were inside of me. The voices. It doesn't end. I'm not afraid of the voices or the monster. I'm afraid it might be what I am. A monster." I remembered having goosebumps when he said that. 

"They're talking to you again, aren't they?" I mumbled to the narrow opening on the door. No reply. I didn't expect one anyways. "At least open your windows." The head maid always reminded me to keep my windows open and clear out the curtains especially if I wasn't in a good mood. For some reason, the sunshine made me feel alive. I hope it did for Taeyong, but never did he listen to my words. 

I raised my arm, open palm. I shut my eyes closed and reached for it. The feeling was like pulling a string made of wire. Slowly, I open my eyes and see nothing, not even a puff of smoke. I shook my head. "Maybe later..." I muttered to myself then I felt a powerful grip on my shoulder. I was pulled inside. I stumbled, my forehead meeting someone's chest. Taeyong's. He looked terrible like he went through a fist fight after not sleeping for days. Dark circles pulled under his eyes. A small cut on his chin. The broken expression on his face.

Despite his appearance. I sighed in relief. "I thought you would die in here." The grip on my shoulder grew tighter. "Finally," 

"Hwa," I frowned at the sudden call of my nickname. I focused on him too much I haven't caught a sight of his room. My jaw slightly dropped. Everything was a disaster as if a hurricane passed by. The head maid would be inraged seeing this beloved sight. However, I couldn't cold because I knew this helped him quiet down the stupid monsters.

"Are you- are you okay?" No, he's absolutely not. Why are you even asking? 

"I saw you in the illusions they showed me. Hwa, you were running away." He heaved a small gasp. "I thought they were mere illusions, but sometimes they seem real." My face was sketched in confusion. He noticed that. His features eased. "The princes. Exo. They're coming for you." 

My frown caved deeper. "No. No. That's impossible. It's forbidden." Coming for me? Why? For what reason? 

"There are some exceptions to do the rules, Cheon Hwa. Trespassing each other territories is not always forbidden." He explained with effort but I could tell he was getting weary. "Cheon Hwa. I'm not making assumptions, but did you perhaps...?" 

"Perhaps?" I repeated dryly. 

He broke eye contact. "No. Nothing. Nevermind. That would be impossible." My eyes narrowed in response to his reaction. Just what assumption was he making? "I'm fine now. Really I am. All thanks to you... and probably to my maids. Could you uh could you bake some chocolate chip cookies for me? I really missed your pastries?"  

What the heck.

I stared at him, waiting for h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter