eight

Silver Angels
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Cheon Hwa"

 

"Lunch is served to the prisoner!" I hated those words to the bottom of my bone. Not because of the label prisoner. Not because how bad the bread that they gave me for lunch tasted, but because not long after that he would come as he did every single day and ask the same question. I said the same thing. He did too, but today seemed different he didn't say anything at all, not even ask the question he did everyday. The winds did not choke my throat anymore, but his mere presence made my skin crawl. I lift my head when he entered the room even if it strained my neck. To my surprise, he was a total mess. He sat on the floor, fists gripping his hair in frustration. I remained silent, watching him in despair. After a few minutes, without a word he disappeared. What the hell was that?

"Do you really know nothing? The whole kingdom knows, princess even from your part of the land. Bah!. You're even more clueless than the rats I chase everynight."  The cat caresses his whiskers as I jolt in surprise.

"Surprised everytime huh?" He scoffs. "Here the Jellybeans you've asked me to get." 

At that very moment everything that pained me spilled right to the drain. Not even Sehun could destroy my temporary happiness that I was feeling right now. "Thanks Jae," 

"Ugh, why do you even like those mortal food anyway?" The black and white cat frowned deeply. "You've gained more wounds than before. You may heal faster than normal angels but your powers are highly deterioating, child especially in here. Don't anger the Wind Prince anymore." At the mention of him, my expression darkened and he noticed it. "He just left today, didn't he?" 

I nodded. "Yes for once." He paused at my response, looking apologetic for some reason. "He came for a few minutes, sitting on that corner then left without saying anything. He looked pretty bad." 

Jae sighed. "It is because today is the day." 

I blinked in confusion. "Today is what?" 

"That's why I called you clueless! Do you even know who Hara is?" 

I shook my head. "No, not even familiar." 

The cat slapped himself with his palm. "That is the name of the prince's past lover." 

"Why would I know his past lover's name?!" I exclaimed, but lowered my voice when I remembered there were guards nearby. Jae's large eyes flickered and narrowed. He was speechless. 

"The winds, princess. They flow in all directions from the Black's territory to the White's even to the mortal world." Suddenly his words became a whisper. "Hara was a commoner, not an Obsidian nor anything. She was only a daughter of a servant. Although beautiful indeed that is how she became a maid of the princesses. Because of her status she was treated terribly. However, she was bold and determined that somehow touched the Wind's heart. He was bewitched, but of course the queen never approved. The war between the queen and prince was endless until she mysteriously died."

"How did she die?" I asked solemnly. It almost sounded too broken. 

"No one knows, but the prince believes she was murdered. The day she died chaos fell upon this world both the angel and human world. The winds wouldn't stop blowing. So many angels died. They were victims to having being choked by the winds. It went to the point that no one could leave their houses without the winds pushing them back and killing them. He was that powerful, princess, most likely that most powerful among the Gifted Ones. The king and queen had to stop him so the queen had no choice to place a spell on him for a long period of time his essence was taken, forbidding him from doing anything. He blamed the queen so much that even until today their relationship..." 

"Jae, you should leave. The guards are serving dinner soon. If they find out you're here... Don't let yourself be hurt." I said as strange thoughts overwhelmed my mind. 

He faked a cough. "Uh. Well then. Be well, princess." 

My mouth suddenly felt very dry even as I chewed on the delicious Jellybean. I squeezed my eyes shut even although it felt like they were burnt to hell. I heard random voices again as my mind went black. One voice stood out from the rest. Taeyong's.

"Hwa, Ca-can you hear me?" His voice was faint, barely a whisper like someone or something was messing with his powers. My heart leaped hearing his voice. Relief washed over me, knowing he was still alive. "Hwa, I need you to say something. I barely have a minute with you." I noticed the desperation in his tone which woke me up from a daze.

"Yes! I can hear you! Taeyong- how did you---"

"The magic border between the Blacks and the Whites limits my powers, but I finally was able to contact you.  Are you alright, princess?" He spoke very quickly that I almost wasn't able to decipher his words. 

I sighed, swallowing the lump in my throat. "Well, I'm not dead. Not yet."

"Cheon Hwa, you have to get out of there before they---"

I shook my head. "Taeyong, are you okay? Not injured or anything?" 

"That is not important right now!" He screamed in my head, but I could tell his voice was fuzzier every time he spoke. My heart drummed against my chest, severely distressed at this moment.

" it is! You really think I can get out of here with my mere strength? Taeyong, I can barely lift a finger right now. It would take centuries just to get passed the palace gates and this is assuming that I don't die in between." 

It was his turn to sigh. "Hwa, you have to at least try. I will help you... I need you Hwa. We all need you..."

I cringed. The last part was a lie. No one needed me. Even with my disappearance, I am definitely sure that most angels if not all would rather have me gone from the Diamonds Palace. I had never belonged not here, not there, not anywhere.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter