two

Silver Angels
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Cheon Hwa"

 

The gardens. It was holy place. The flowers, the tall trees, the little colorful fruits dangling on the plants, the fountain of angels at the center of the garden ever flowing with water. The place nearly seemed enchanted. I loved staying here at night where hopefully no one could see me. The sound of fountains always calmed me down. I could listen to it all day, lying down on the soft grass that had a scent of- grass. I sniffed the air around me almost too much that I looked like a hyperventilating dog. Finally, I shut my eyes and relaxed.

"Cheon Hwa," A calm earthly voice called out to me. It made me feel like Mother Nature was saying my name. However when I open my eyes I see the head attendant pop out right in front off me. 

"Surprised you? Always do don't I." She gazes over my face to catch any form of expression. I grinned even though I was startled by her sudden visit. I never disliked her presence. Among the White Angels here, she seemed most like an angel. With a extremely calm demeanor and everlasting smile on her face.

"Missed this place like Jellybeans." I chuckled cheerfully. 

"You just eat Jellybeans after dinner and you're craving them again? What a princess." 

I frowned at her last three words. "You of all people should know I am not one." She turns away not facing my anymore. Her eyebrows creased. She only acted like that because she knew. I am a not real princess. Only a label probably even less. The youngest princess is Sejeong at least before the real princess died. Everyone expected her youngest child to be revealed during the coronation so she adopted a girl with an age similar to her age and that girl was me. The reason was unspoken off. Most people except the maids and the butlers in the palace knew about it. However they kept their mouth shut because of the queen.

"You are a princess, Cheon Hwa. The youngest princess of the royal family at least you're trying to be one." She cracked a wide smile so wide I hope her cheeks wouldn't break. "More importantly, I can see your powers getting stronger. Your potential is far by greater than anyones that I have ever seen."

"Are you complimenting me for once?" I joked, but inside I was thankful for her compliments. 

"Don't make me give you cleaning duties young lady. I am still the boss around here." She crossed her arms. I groaned playfully. 

"Imma go princess. I have duties. I'm not slacking off unlike you." She prepared to leave before I stopped her.

"Wait before you go can we at least dance?" 

"What? Dance?! NO, of course not! And you will not too. I don't want your crazy dance disrupting the peaceful nature of this holy place. Please don't embarrass yourself." 

"Bu-but this time it will be tango or maybe..."

"You will dance Tango? You will look like an octopus with indigestion." She throws another insult before she disappears into thin air.  I just giggle too myself out loud before the queen of the White Angels decides to ruin the moment as she usually does.

"Enjoying yourself too much I see." The queen makes a entrance. She was in her fancy gold night gown, her eyes glassy, reflecting the light. Her eyes trail then to my legs. "That is not ladylike." She comments. I just blink already used to it. "White Angels are naturally kind, but you make it a little difficult. Anyways that is not the reason I am here. You know about the engagement party in less than a day?"

"Yes, my queen." I reply politely.

"I have made plans for you as I promised." She paused, slightly hesitating on stating her next words. "Even though we are not related in any way such, I am still queen and you are still princess, I have to protect you."

"Huh?" I blurted out. Mostly because of shock saying she has to protect me, but also because of not understanding why I needed protecting in an event where no act of violence was allowed.

She ignored me. "You'll be a attendant in the party. You are not to be allowed out of my sight. I will tell the Obsidians that you are ill, not able to attend the party. Do not interact with anyone I warn you." 

As she was speaking I wondered why she was being so strict and adamant about these matters. Most likely it was because of the Obsidians and to decrease suspicions but she was clearly overreacting I even noticed she was slightly nervous. 

"If anything happens, I will instruct you telepathically what to do." The queen's lips formed into a straight line. Without saying anything else she j

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter