four

Silver Angels
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Cheon Hwa"

 

It was a different world. At least that's what I thought it was. The cold wet blue colored grass touching my knees. The smell of velvet and lavender lingering on my nose. I was crowded with bamboos and other strange plants, tall trees mostly. Fireflys lit the forest. The sound of the birds chirping heard. Otherwise, the faint smell of blood. Where am I? What do I? How do I get out of here?

I was barefoot, my heels long gone. I stand, although my muscles cried not to. Fortunately, all the pain I felt earlier drained, no longer there. I walk over the grass, searching for the source of the blood smell and also a way out of here. I walk then I ran but wherever I seemed to go I would always arrive in the same place. Spells didn't work. Nothing did, What the hell? I was in the bathroom then suddenly I'm in a different world filled with trees and other . Stay calm Cheon Hwa. Stay calm. I crouched, sitting on the grass. Maybe if I close my eyes again everything will go back to normal. This is a dream and you will wake up soon. 

And nothing again. The metal on my neck reflected the sunlight. The Queen's necklace. I held on to it until I felt something- someone behind me. A presence. I turned back only to find a- dead body, bleeding everywhere, staining the man's clothes. Wa-what is this? I whimper escaped my mouth. I covered it with my hand. I shifted back, gasping. My body jolts. Shocked. Horrified by the scene.

Gathering enough courage, I crawl to the man. Maybe. Maybe. The man is still alive. Alright. "Pulse. Pulse. Check pulse." I lifted his hand from his chest, placing my fingers on his wrist, hearing vague heartbeats that was beginning to fade, but alive! Still alive. I hurriedly  his shirt, discovering what was almost killing him: a large gash across his abdomen reaching to his chest. Okay. Clean the wound. Water. I need water. 

The stream. I rush to stream, collecting water with a small coconut shell. I pour it all over the wound successfully cleaning it. I even found some herbs that will help stop the bleeding. Relief and a sense of safety spread over my body as I wrap a piece of cloth around his abdomen. 

I lean my head on a trunk of a tree finally able to relax. My chest rises up and down, inhaling then exhaling. Everything began to fade. The world around me starts to stir. In a blink of an eye, the world changed. I was back to the bathroom on the floor. I didn't waste time. I was afraid for what would have happened. 

"Where is your youngest daughter, the princess? Queen Haesoo was infuriated, her voice laced with suspicions. The tension between the royalty caught everyone's attention in the room. 

"She is must be resting in her room. I told you she is ill and won't be able to attend." She replied with the same tone of voice, baring her teeth. 

Oh no. I immediately ran to the kitchen finding Sana. "Sana, I need you to find me a dress now." I grabbed her shoulders forcing me to face her. She looked shocked and confused.

"Princess?! Where were you? What happened to you? I thought you---" 

I cut her off, desperate. "Sana now. Anything you could find." I said with authority laced in my voice finally speaking like a princess. She was dumbfounded, but left. I grab another maid ordering her to find the head maid. Almost instantly she appears to my aid. 

"You're planning to go out there." She raised an eyebrow, but her expression was serious. "Fine, even though the queen will never approve. Come with me fast." I nodded, following her. 

We were in a closet room, together with few other maids. All stayed in silence. After few minutes of the head maid grooming my hair, my legs begin to shake, urgent. There was no time for this. I needed to go out now. 

"Stop moving princess. You have to stay still so I can finish this faster---"

I stopped listening to the head maid's nagging once I heard Queen Haesoo's voice. I focused on it. 

"Are you perhaps lying to me? Hiding her on purpose? For what reason? Queen Seryeon" The Obsidian Queen's voice darkens, addressing her name, holding back a threat. 

"Accusations like that are dangerous here, Queen Haesoo." The other queen warned. Hiding her sheath of wrath behind a calm demeanor. 

"Then why can't you call for her, queen?. It is impolite to not show up in this event." She faked a cough, becoming relaxed but her tone was still alarmingly grave.  

"No more, Queen Haesoo, no more. You are challenging my limits." 

"I think we n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter