Chapter 22

I Hate You Park Chanyeol [On Hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{Kira P.O.V.}

Earlier this morning, D.O. called me and asked if I wanted to go to the mall with him to look for Chanyeol’s birthday gift. I eagerly agreed and met up with him at the front of the building like we had planned.

Now we’re walking along and passing a clothing store. D.O. gently tugs my right arm and I turn to him.

He gestures to the middle mannequin that’s wearing a light pink dress.

“I bet that Chanyeol would love to see you in that,” He says with a smile.

“I’m not sure.”

“I’m just saying that you’d look really pretty in that dress,” He chuckles.  “What do you want to get Chanyeol, anyway? I mean, besides you in that dress with a bow.”

“Yah!” I say and playfully hit his arm. “I was thinking something music related.”

“I know he needs a new pair of headphones, so I wanted to get him a pair. For both those ideas, there’s a great store on the second floor,” D.O. says.

“Okay. Lead on!” I grin.

We go to the stairs.

I tap his shoulder and say, “The last one to the top has to buy ice cream later.”

He grins and says, “You’re on.”

We get into a starting position and count to three. Then we race up the steps. There are a few other people on the large staircase and they seem like a good bunch because they just chuckle as we try to hurry up the steps. I dodge a young couple and see that D.O. hesitates awkwardly in front of an elderly woman. I can feel victory in my grasp, and the top of the stairs are just a few steps away when I feel the tip of my shoe does not quite make it over the next step. I’m about to fall on the steps when hands are on my elbows pulling me back upright.

I look to see my rescuer and smile into D.O.’s concerned face.

“You okay?” He asks.

“Ne, I’m fine,” I say.

“Good.” Then he jumps forward and races up the last few steps, proudly reaching the top of the staircase.

“Yah! D.O.!” I say climbing up the steps after him.

“Thank you in advance for the ice cream,” D.O. says smugly.

“You know that’s not fair,” I say with a little pout.

“All’s fair in love and war. And ice cream, my dear, means war.” D.O. grins.

I look at him for a moment longer and I start to chuckle. “Okay, fine. But you still cheated.”

“The store is over here,” D.O. says trying to change the topic.

We walk for a few minutes, chatting about nothing special.

When we see the store, I can’t help but get excited. It looks amazing. There are instruments and books, CDs and even records.

I point at the store and say, “That’s it, right?”

D.O. chuckles, “Yes.”

I squeal in delight and twirl aro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter