.4.

Lost a Pack, Found a Home
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chanyeol had barely made it through the dinner that they had altogether. With all the questions and teasing thrown at him, he wondered how he didn't have a headache by the end of it. But then again, Baekhyun had been with him the whole time - just like they had planned.

They had sent the other half back after a couple more hours of chatting after dinner. With the house pretty peaceful again, Baekhyun could relax a bit more, and so could Chanyeol. The omega noticed that the alpha looked a bit tired, a slight frown but also a look of discontent on his face. He wasn't normally one to pry or be nosy, but as he saw the older head up to his room, he followed him.

 

When Baekhyun reached the alpha's room, he knocked on it before opening the door, peaking inside and seeing the alpha sitting on his bed. "Channie? Can I come in?" he asked softly from the door, only his head poking in. When he received a nod, the omega smiled, stepping inside - more like hopping inside - the room, shutting the door behind him. He walked over to the bed and sat down beside the alpha. "Channie, are you okay?" he asked softly. He could see the rather obvious frown upon the other's face.

"Yeah... I'm fine," the older answered.

It was a rather odd response and Baekhyun noticed. He turned to face the other and then leaned over, hugging him. "No, you're not. So tell me, what's wrong?" he asked softly. Although he was a lot younger than the alpha, and he was much weaker than him, as well as not having been around the alpha for too long yet, Baekhyun was still able to read the alpha's actions, behaviour and many other things.

The alpha took a moment before wrapping his arms around the omega, pulling him onto his lap as he breathed in the younger's scent. He stayed quiet for a few moments longer before groaning softly. "I shouldn't feel this way. They're my family. Our family. Why am I feeling like this?" he grumbled.

"Feeling what Channie?" he asked curiously. He had a feeling to what it was, but he wanted to hear it.

"I don't like anyone else being near you, touching you, even a bit. I don't like them trying to soend more time with you than me," he grumbled. He knew he probably sounded like a brat half his age, but still, he couldn't deny these feelings.

Baekhyun blinked several times before giggling softly. He ran his fingers through the other's hair and smiled, giving the other's head a rather shy peck. "You're jealous Channie~ It's normal to feel that way, but don't keep it to yourself like you were about to just now, okay? Tell me about it and I'll spend more time with you so you will stop sulking so much," he giggled. He smiled and blushed a little since he felt a bit shy, when the alpha finally looked at him. "So, who was making you feel extra jealous today Channie?" he asked and blinked a few times.

"Who else other than those loud, sarcastic, smart mouthed betas who go by the names of Jongdae and Minseok?" he asked and there was a slight pout on his lips.

Baekhyun smiled and then nodded before humming in thought. "Did you want me to stay in your room for the night then? I'm pretty sure that you'd slip into my bed eventually anyway if I slept in my own room. I know you come into my room during the night Channie," he smiled. He saw that the alpha was now somewhat speechless and got off his lap and onto the bed. He knew his mate liked to lie on the side closest to the door as he wanted to protect Baekhyun from anything and everything, even as they slept. So, he got under the sheets and patted the spot beside him for the other to lie down as well.

The alpha complied almost too quickly and wrapped his arms around the omega, not wanting to let go of him even a bit. "How are you able to make me feel so much better?" he asked softly.

"Well, I am supposed to be your mate Channie," he giggled and nuzzled the other's chest.

They spent the night chatting softly before eventually falling asleep.

 

The next day was a pretty relaxed day. Not much really happened and so Baekhyun decided that it would be the best day to take a bath. Being a bit self-conscious about his own presence still, he asked Kyungsoo if that would be okay and immediately received a yes.

He went into the bathroom, filling up the bathtub with hot water and adding the bubble mixture to it as well. He stripped down after making sure he had a towel in there with him before stepping into the now very bubbly, hot water. He sighed in relief as he let his muscles relax and laid beneath the layer of bubbles, only his head showing. He shut his eyes,

Please log in to read the full chapter