.3.

Lost a Pack, Found a Home
Please log in to read the full chapter

It was a couple of days later when Baekhyun was pretty much at full strength again. He was glad to be surrounded by the other members of the Exo pack. He was going to meet the other pack members soon from the west end so he would be known to them as well. He found out that Yixing was normally at the west end as well - that being the reason why Yifan had come the other time to pick him up - and had been dropping by just to make sure everyone was alright on the east end.

Yifan and Yixing had left the day after since it was about time Yixing went back to his mate and so, it was just the six of them in the house.

Baekhyun honestly felt like he was a bit distant from the other two alphas in the house - Sehun and Jongin. Jongin was alright. He wasn't aggressive in any way towards the omega, he was just a bit lazy.

Sehun on the other hand didn't speak much and would just stare at Baekhyun from time to time. The omega didn't know why the young alpha would stare at him, but it made him feel rather self-conscious at times.

However, he would soon be distracted by the other two omegas in the house. They would tell him that the east end of their pack was obviously made of three alphas and three omegas, whilst the other half of the pack on the west end consisted of two alphas - Yifan and Joonmyun - three betas - Yixing, Jongdae and Minseok - and an omega - Tao.

Baekhyun knew that the Exo pack wasn't the largest out there, but it sounded pretty strong. A pack with five alphas, three betas and three omegas who seemed pretty tough. Having been raised almost as if he was a pet rather than a member of the pack, Baekhyun had never really been able to be strong physically. He was fast, but his strength was not very good.

Even though he was weak, he felt welcomed by the other members of the Exo pack around him, rather than being pushed away. He had never felt so at home so quickly. He was talking with the other two omegas rather casually, when he noticed the head alpha's eyes on him. He blinked a few times before getting up, excusing himself as he walked over to the older.

 

"Chanyeol? Is there something wrong?" he asked softly as he approached the head alpha who was still standing at the threshold of the living room.

The taller shook his head and then smiled to the omega, "Just making sure that you're alright." He smiled, ruffling the omega's hair. "And also, I wanted to let you know that when the other half of the pack gets here to make sure that you stay by my side. Since they don't know you as well yet, they might get a bit apprehensive around you. In particular, Jongdae and Minseok. They were mates already and it was just the two of them as a pair of lone wolves who found each other and realised they were mates. Jongdae can be a bit emotional and impulsive sometimes since he's wild," he explained to the other.

Baekhyun giggled, leaning into the taller and hugging him. "I think you forget what kind of pack I came from, Chanyeol. I'm kinda used to that... But I will stay by your side and try to stay on their good side," he smiled. He smiled to the other and then snuggled against the taller's chest since he felt happy that there was someone who was looking out for him. "Thank you.. Chanyeol," he smiled.

 

It was late afternoon that day when they heard the footsteps and voices of six others approaching the house. Baekhyun got up from his spot on the couch and went over to Chanyeol's side, standing a bit behind him since he could already feel their strong auras as they came up the porch steps. He heard the handle being turned before seeing Yifan who had a rather tall, but obviously young male clinging onto him. Following them, were Yixing and a very kind-looking man who seemed to radiate the same warmth as the healer. And last but not

Please log in to read the full chapter