.2.

Lost a Pack, Found a Home
Please log in to read the full chapter

When Baekhyun did wake up, it was because the warmth of the alpha was no longer there. But also, there was some commotion going on out in the living room. The omega carefully got up and then left his room, walking down the hallway to see that Kyungsoo and Luhan were standing there in front of Chanyeol, interrogating him. He stayed behind the wall, watching them.

 

"Admit it! Come on Chanyeol!" whined Luhan.

"I don't have anything to admit Luhan," he said rather confidently.

"What do you mean?? You obviously have found your mate! Why else would you be behaving like you are?" the omega asked as Kyungsoo nodded beside him.

Chanyeol sighed, not wanting to say anything.

 

Baekhyun tilted his head slightly before noticing the alpha's discomfort. He made his way over to the others and then bowed slightly, "Good morning," he smiled.

"Oh you're awake! How are you feeling?" asked Luhan.

"Pretty good. I haven't slept that well in a while," he said sheepishly. "It felt really nice to rest comfortably."

"That's good, Kyungsoo will get you your breakfast so why don't we just chat around the dining table for a bit?"

Before he could even respond, Baekhyun was being dragged over by the rather chirpy Luhan. He looked back though and then smiled to the alpha, "Care to join us... Chanyeol?" he asked the other.

 

So there they were, the three of them sitting around the table. Baekhyun wasn't used to being the centre of attention like this but decided that he'd have to get used to it.

"By the way, how old are you Baekhyun?" asked Luhan.

Baekhyun looked up at the other, blinking a few times as he hadn't thought about his age in a while. He had had his first heat about two years ago so that would mean, "I'm going to be turning twenty this year," he answered, nodding to himself.

Both omegas' eyes widened in surprise when the alpha began choking on the water he had been drinking. They waited until he recovered.

"A-are you okay, Chanyeol?" Baekhyun asked softly.

"You're seven years younger than me?!" the alpha exclaimed.

"W-well, i-if you're twenty-seven.. then yes," the omega answered, becoming a bit nervous from the sudden loudness. His body immediately curled in on itself a bit.

"Baekhyun... I'm sorry for shouting," the alpha said as he moved over to the omega's side, kneeling beside his chair. He could tell by this reaction alone that the omega had been treated in one of the worst ways in his old pack.

"I-it's alright... I'm kinda used to it..." he mumbled.

"Well, you better get used to us shouting out of shock or surprise rather than anger," chirped Luhan. "Unless of course it's Kyungsoo yelling at Jongin," he giggled.

Baekhyun giggled softly at that and felt a bit more relaxed. He glanced over at the alpha who looked somewhat concerned. "I'll be alright Chanyeol."

 

They had their breakfast after that and even then, Baekhyun couldn't help but notice the alpha's rather obvious staring.

 

Baekhyun wanted to get some fresh air and after breakfast, he stepped outside and sat out under one of the trees in front of the house. He sighed as he sat there for a few moments before noticing someone coming towards him. He looked behind him and saw a much larger white wolf walking up to him. He recognised who it was though by those red eyes. He smiled and giggled when he felt the alpha nudging his side and neck. "What are you doing out here, Chanyeol?" he asked softly. He got a slight huff as a reply. "A walk?" He saw the wolf nodding before feeling another nudge. "With me?" he asked.

The omega chuckled softly before getting up and shifting into his wolf form. He was a lot smaller than the alpha, small enough that if he simply bent down a bit, he'd be able to fit beneath the white wolf. He nudged the alpha's side, letting him lead the way.

They didn't stray too far from the house since they didn't know how much Baekhyun could walk as yet.

The omega gently nudged the other's side as they walked along and felt happy receiving affectionate and nudges back. He was stopped by the alpha at some point. He looked up into the alpha's eyes and then laid down, rolling over onto his back as he looked at the alpha who had moved to stand above him. He noticed an odd look in the oth

Please log in to read the full chapter