.1.

Lost a Pack, Found a Home
Please log in to read the full chapter

"He's not from around here... He looks horrible... We should take him back, Chanyeol will understand right? I mean, look at the poor thing," Luhan said through their bond to Sehun.

"Yeah, yeah," the younger wolf said before shifting back into his human form, his body being a lot stronger than an omega as he didn't mind the cool evening air on his bare frame. He carefully lifted the unconscious wolf up into his arms before they began making their way back to their pack's house.

 

When they got back, the remaining pack members greeted them with a mixture of confused, curious and cautious reactions. The first to snap out of it, were Kyungsoo and Yixing, the two of them immediately taking the unconscious wolf into a spare room as the couple who had returned with the wolf got dressed.

"We sensed something nearby, but just as we approached him, he fainted. But, I can definitely tell he's not from any of the packs near here," explained Sehun.

"Yeah, and its gonna be starting to get cooler and well, we couldn't let a small, weak looking wolf who had fainted, let alone an omega just lie there and well... die. So we had to bring him back," Luhan finished.

Just as they finished, their lazy- of a Head Alpha made his way down the stairs, yawning and furrowing his brows. "What are you guys talking- " He stopped in his tracks before the scent of something quite wonderful entered his nose.

The remaining pack members merely watched their alpha freeze, then walk towards the spare bedroom, where Kyungsoo and Yixing were trying to treat the wolf, in an almost hypnotic state. They didn't follow him though, not sure what exactly was happening.

Chanyeol reached the bedroom only to see a chocolate brown wolf lying on the bed as his two packmates seemed to try and make some kind of mixture of nutrients which they could feed the wolf. The alpha ignored their shocked stares as he walked over to the wolf and kneeled down beside the bed. He placed one of his large hands on the wolf's side and made the wolf change into his human form. He widened his eyes at the beauty the other radiated - matching chocolate brown hair to his wolf's fur, very soft and innocent facial features, but also the malnourished state of the omega's body. He felt not only sorry for the wolf, but also anger towards those who let this happen. "Treat him well." With that, he left the room and went out to the living room.

 

The other members of the pack simply stared at their alpha as he sat himself down. "He... doesn't have a pack's scent on him... Well, not anymore at least," he mumbled as he furrowed his brows. He knew that if one strayed far enough from their pack, then they would eventually lose the connection to them and then become a lone wolf. It was rare to see an omega like this.

"So, he's a stray? I mean, he couldn't be a lone wolf. He's an omega after all," Jongin said.

"I don't know... but- I guess we'll just have to ask him when he recovers," the alpha responded. He stood back up and then headed back in the direction of the room, "I'll check up on him," he said.

 

When Chanyeol entered the room, he saw that the omega was now under a couple of blankets, to keep his weakened body warm. The colour had seemed to return to his cheeks a bit, thanks to his hardworking and caring packmates, which was a very good sign. "Go and take a break you two. I'll watch over him for a bit," he said rather calmly.

The beta and omega were both somewhat confused by the way their usually rowdy and lazy alpha was behaving. Though, they didn't question it and merely left the room, shutting the door so the two in the room could be left alone.

Chanyeol pulled over a chair and sat by the side of the bed. This omega was making him feel something, his inner wolf shouting something that he'd never thought he would hear. 'Mate! Mate! Mate!' it yelled from within. In all his twenty-seven years of living, he had never felt that pull to anyone. Sure, he had little crushes or admirations here and there, but he knew it wouldn't work out as he knew those wolves had mates waiting for them. He was so deep in his own thoughts that he didn't even realise that the omega had begun to stir awake.

 

Baekhyun felt groggy, but instead of feeling the chill of the night air, he instead

Please log in to read the full chapter