Execution

Don't Let Me Go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Let’s make it official” Jiyong said while we we’re sitting on the bench in the middle of the rooftop of YG building. We we’re rehearsing for the upcoming YG Family Concert and just decided to step out for a bit to get some fresh air.

 

“Huh? What do you mean let’s make it official?” I asked, looking at him not completely understanding what he meant.

 

“Us, I think it’s time for us to let the public know that we we’re dating.” He answered with serious expression written all over his face.

 

“I’m starting to hate other people pairing us up with every celebrity they could think of.” He added.

 

“But Jiyong, as much as I want to do what you want, I can’t.” I told him while looking down at my lap playing the hem of my shirt in between my fingers.

 

“Why? I think we’re ready for this. We’ve been dating for 5 years now.” Jiyong reasoned out as he lifted my chin so I could look at him.

 

“Yes we are ready for this, but I’m not sure the girls are ready. You know what will happen once we go public. I don’t think your fans will just accept the fact that I’m dating the man of their dreams. If they start bashing me like what some of them are doing now, the 2ne1 members may get drag into this. And I don’t want that to happen. I can’t bring them down with me. I’m sorry. But I don’t think this is the right time.”

 

“I understand you babe, but when will be the right time? We’ve been waiting for the right time to do this 2ne1 has already established its place not only in Korea but also internationally. I don’t think you’ll easily crumble with just a dating issue.” Jiyong stood up from his seat and walk to the edge of the rooftop leaning his body against the railings.

 

I stood up as well and followed him. I wrapped my arms around his body and lean my face at his back. “I’m sorry Ji. But I don’t think our fans we’ll go easy on us once the news went out. Plus, there’s a rumor about Bom circulating in the media. That rumor alone is enough to shake us up. The PR staffs are still finding a way to stop the rumor from spreading especially now that we’re just starting to promote our new album. I hope you can understand Ji.  Give us more time, hm..”

 

“We’ve been doing great hiding our relationship for years now and besides our fans already know about us, so what’s more to say? We don’t have to do this now Ji.” I added

 

Jiyong removed my arms from his body and turned around to face me. He cupped my face with both of his hands and looks straight to my eyes. “Baby, aren’t you getting tired of hiding? Don’t you want to experience going out on a date with me not worrying about paparazzi? To do everything we wanted to do freely? And to stop pretending that we’re single and available all the time?

 

“I do Ji, I do. But if hiding is the only way to protect our loved ones from getting hurt, from getting drag in our problem then maybe hiding is better.” I answered him looking straight to his eyes as well trying to make him understand the situation.

 

Jiyong removed his hands off my face and place his hands on his hips while closing his eyes on the process. He lean his back against the railings and let out a deep breath.

 

“Ji? Hmm..” I cooed while gently rubbing his arms with both of my hands.

 

After he let out another deep breath, his eyes slowly flutter open and he settled his arms around my hips.”I’m sorry, I just.. The truth is, I’m just really tired of being associated with Kiko. I’m tired of doing favors for her agency. I know they help us with our promotions in Japan but I’ve also done lots of favors for them. They just won’t stop Dara. They keep on asking for more and I’m tired of it. I can’t be her fake boyfriend forever. That’s why I wanted us to go public. So I can finally be free from them. So we could finally be free.”

 

“I understand babe. I’m also not comfortable with your set-up with Kiko but after meeting her, see how much she wanted to achieve her dreams, I realized that she really needs your help. I know she can probably achieve her dreams her own way but maybe she could get to it faster with your help. Just like what you did for me. You also helped me to achieve my dreams Ji, if it weren’t for you, if you didn’t convince YG sajangnim, I wouldn’t be in the same stage with you. I wouldn’t be part of 2ne1. She’s just like me. After your dating news went out, didn’t she get more offers from different fashion magazines? See how she’s creating a name in modeling industry now? Just help her for a little bit more. Once she can stand on her own, then it’ll be over. Maybe that time, we can finally go public.”

 

“How can you be so understanding, hm?” Jiyong asked me as he press his forehead against mine.

 

“Because I love you and I trust you Ji. Let’s just wait a little bit more, hm.”

 

“It’ll be over soon..”

 

--

 

DARA's POV

 

“Noona, Noona! Dara Noona”

 

I felt someone shaking my body and a familiar voice calling me over and over again. But instead of waking up I let myself sink deeper in my bed and try to drift off in the never land.

 

“Noona, Jjangmae hyung is already here.”

 

That voice again, Argh. And who’s Jjangmae? Jjangmae, kinda sound familiar.

 

Oh! I know, Jjangmae’s my manager but what is he doing here? Do I have a work today? Oh yes, I have a shoot today.

 

Yes, a shoot..

 

Ow shoot!!

 

I snapped my eyes open and bolted up from my bed. I accidentally bumped my head against something hard only to realize that I have head butted my brother.

 

“Ouch!” We both screamed in pain as we both nurse our aching foreheads.

 

“Yah! What the hell are you doing sitting on my bed!” I screamed at my brother who is now lying on the floor while pressing his hand against his forehead.

 

“I was trying to wake you up because Jjangmae hyung has been waiting downstairs for half an hour now.”

 

“What time is it? Why didn’t I hear my alarm ring?”

 

“It’s already past nine in the morning and I think your phone is dead. Jjangmae hyung told me he’s been calling but you’re not answering your phone.”

 

“Ow crap! I need to get ready. Tell him I’ll be ready in 20.” I told my brother as I stood up from my bed and made my way to my bathroom.

 

--

 

“Cut! Good take! Let’s take a 15minute break.”

 

I went straight to the car as soon as the Director told us to have some break. I haven’t had enough sleep earlier though I woke up later than I should have. Jiyong’s phone call and my conversation with my brother earlier prevented me from having a good night sleep. I lie awake in my bed for hours before sleep finally found its way in my system. And before I knew it, it’s already past 9 in the morning when I should be in the set at 10:30am. It’s really embarrassing to be late in the shoot especially when you’re the main character. The staffs and crews had to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter