Friends

Don't Let Me Go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara's POV

"Okay, breathe Dara, breathe. It's okay, everything's gonna be okay." 
 

I tried to convince myself over and over again as I look at my reflection in the mirror inside the rest room. I've been staying here for a couple of minutes now ever since I slipped out the venue secretly while the others were all busy catching up with each other.

 

I'm not trying to avoid Jiyong, no, I don't. It's just that it's kinda awkward facing your ex-boyfriend wearing identical clothes like you're trying to cosplay each other. We used to do it, wearing couple clothes and stuff but that was when we're still together. Now's different. We've been over for a year now and this is the first time that we're facing each other since the "lobby incident". The first time that we're actually trying to look past whatever happened before and try to be normal and somehow able to have a small talk or whatever. So why the effin hell does it need to happen now? I've been trying to act normal even practiced so many times how i'm going to talk to him even before this day comes.

 

Why?

 

Why now?

 

Why when everything's supposed to be back to the way it is?

 

Why when I tried all my best to forget the past and start anew with him? 

 

Why do I need to be reminded of whatever we had before, whatever we used to do before?

 

Why?

 

I felt my eyes sting and my vision begins to blur as tears starting to pool up in my eyes. I looked up to the ceiling to try to stop the tears that were threatining to fall from my eyes. I snapped my eyes close and breathed in deeply to calm myself down.

 

"Don't cry Dara. You're not supposed to cry. Didn't you tell yourself that you're not going to cry because of him again? You've moved on right? You're not affected anymore right? So stop crying like a baby and get your head straight. You can do this, okay? Don't get swayed, don't be affected. Smile, yes, just smile. You'll get throught this night."

 

I let out a deep breath and slowly opened my eyes. I looked at myself in the mirror again and smiled. 

 

I can do this.

 

I fixed myself and take one final look of myself on the mirror. After making sure that there isn't any trace of anxiety nor sadness on my face I decided to leave the rest room and get back to the venue.

 

I was on my way back when I saw a figure standing at the corner where I'll be making a turn to get back at the venue. 

 

"Jiyong?"

 

"Dara-yah." Jiyong turned to face me. I was a bit surprise to see him looking differently as he was earlier. The blue plaid shirt that was tied against his hips earlier was nowhere to be found. He changed his sneakers as well. 

 

My thoughts we're interrupted when I suddenly hear Jiyong's voice.

 

"Can we talk for a bit?"

 

"Ahm, sure. What do we need to talk about?"

 

"Can you come with me for a moment?" Jiyong asked me as he looked straight into my eye. I wasn't able to respond for a moment as I was surprise to the way his eyes shows too many emotions I can't even point out. 

 

"Please?" He pleaded. I just nod my head in response and followed him to where he wants us to be. 

 

--

 

We ended up at the rooftop of the YG building. As soon as I made my way in the middle of the rooftop, flashbacks came rushing inside my head. Good and bad memories. Happy and painful ones. I don't know why of all places he took me here. Maybe because this used to be our safe haven. The place where we can temporarily escape from the entertainment world and just be ourselves. The place where it all began and where it started to come to an end.

 

"I'm sorry." I heard Jiyong said from behind me. I slowly turn my back to face him and regret it immediately as soon as I saw the look on his eyes again.

 

What was it?

 

Was it fear? But why? Why would he be afraid? Afraid of what?

 

Why does he have that look in his eyes?

 

What w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter