Phone Call

Don't Let Me Go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's Note:

 

Annyeong yeoreobeun!

Miyanhae for the late update.

I'm caught up again with lots of paperworks at work.

Anyways, here's a kinda light chapter for you all guys.

I made this per some of you who request for Jiyong and Dara to have a little interaction.

So here it is. Enjoy reading!!

 

P.S Ignore typos and weird errors. Haven't had the time to edit this. 

And please do leave comments!! I love reading them all :) it inspires me to write more :) kamsa!!

 

Pyong!!~

 

 

 

Jiyong’s POV

 

It’s already past 1 in the morning and I’m left here in the studio as I listen to our new recorded songs. Seungri left half an hour ago to follow the other members as they look for a restaurant where they can have their dinner.

 

It’s been 12 hours since I last ate a decent meal and surprisingly I don’t feel any hunger at all. Maybe because I was too stressed and tired that my body itself doesn’t have any interest in food at all. Well, I don’t usually eat a lot when I’m stressed out. All my body craves for was sleep and maybe a little bit of her presence.

 

Ugh, on times like this is when I needed Dara’s presence the most. She’s my vitamin, my stress reliever. She’s the one who’ll keep my health check every time I’m overworking myself. She would usually drop by in the studio to bring me food, changing clothes and she’ll wait silently by my side while I finish working so we could go home together.

 

Good old days.

 

God, I miss her so much.

 

Calling Dara right now is so tempting that I wasn’t able to stop myself from fishing my phone in my back pocket. As I look at the screen of my phone, I immediately swipe the screen open and dial the number I know by heart.

 

I must be crazy to even call her. I know for sure that she won’t answer my call but here I am still waiting for her to pick up.

 

As the line continuously ringing, my hopes for hearing her voice slowly ebbing away.

What am I thinking? Do I really expect her to answer my call? Damn Jiyong, don’t get your hopes up. You hurt her remember? Why would she want to talk to you?

 

“Yeoboseyo?”

 

My body froze as I heard Dara’s voice on the other line. Is it really her? Did she really answer my call?

 

“Yeoboseyo?”

 

It’s Dara, it’s really her. That soft child-like voice only belongs to her.

 

But why? Why would she answer my call? Does she really know I was the one calling? Or maybe she’d deleted my number and didn’t recognize it that’s why she answered the call. Yeah, right, that must be it. This is not the first time that my number was deleted by her phone. I can enumerate the hundred times that she deleted my number when I pissed her off. Even the numbers of the 2ne1 members were not exempted by Dara’s “pissed-off-delete” behavior.

 

“Yeoboseyo?”

 

I heard her say again. I knew it; she didn’t know that I was the one who called. Who would be in their sane mind that will answer their ex-boyfriend’s call? A crazy person would only do that.

 

“Jiyong?”

 

That’s it. That’s all it take for my heart to skip a beat as I heard her utter my name. How long has it been since I last heard her call my name? How long has it been since I heard her utter my name so softly?

 

“Are you there?”

 

I wasn’t still able to answer Dara as I remain tongue-tied and dazed with the current situation. Even a simple word of “hello” won’t come out from my mouth. It was like I was back from being a toddler that uttering a single word would be a big challenge for me.

 

What should I say? Should I just say hello as well? Oh wait, what if she hangs up on me the moment I answered her? , , !

 

I raked my hair as I abruptly stood up and pace in the middle of the studio as I think of what to do or rather what to say to Dara. I suddenly felt jittery and my hands were wet with cold sweat and I can feel the loud beating of my heart coming from my chest that I feel like in any moment now will explode.

 

Then Seungri’s words suddenly hit me “Chances are rare to come by and be given, so once you grabbed it hyung make sure to never let it go.”

 

This is it. This might be the chance that he was talking about. This might be the chance for me to talk to Dara again, the chance for me to make things right, the last chance for me to take Dara back.

 

And so without wasting any more time, I gathered all the courage that I could pull out then breathed out a deep breath and let the words come out from my stiff mouth.

 

“Ne-ne, I’m-I’m here. I’m still here.” I stuttered stupidly as I answered her.

 

I snapped my eyes close as I wait for her to answer. I was honestly kinda scared that she might not respond anymore. I heard her breathing on the other line.

 

Oh God, why does her mere breathing made me feel so calm and relax. I must have really missed her so much that even her breath takes all the stress in my system.

 

I couldn’t really be thankful enough to her for answering my call. I could settle on this for now. Just listening to her breathing is enough for me, at least for now.

 

While waiting for her to answer me, I unconsciously blurted out the words “Thank You” before I knew it.

 

“Eh? Thank you for what?” I heard her asked at once from the other line.

 

“Thank you…for answering the call. You don’t know how much it means to me.” I answered her sincerely.

 

“Oh, well, honestly, I thought something must have happened for you to call me at this hour. I mean, you must have a definite reason for suddenly calling me.”

 

This girl really never fails to amaze me. Even with our current situation, which is a not so good relationship, she sti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter