Memories

Don't Let Me Go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Why?"

 

"How could you do this to me?"

 

"Tell me!"

 

Dara screamed at me while clutching the front of my shirt, shaking me.

 

"How could you?! You promised -" she continued with her shaking voice and broken sobs as she cried her eyes out in front of me.

 

We stood there in the middle of my apartment's living room with Dara's luggage beside her. I just looked at her not moving nor saying anything despite her continuous cries and pleading words. I snapped my eyes closed while clenching my fists as I can't stand seeing her breaking down in front of me. The girl who used to laugh with her glittering eyes is now crying and begging me to answer her questions.

 

I had no right to say anything to defend myself nor to apologize for what I did. It's all my fault. I was in my right mind when I did everything i've done. I chose this. I know I could hurt her with what I'm doing yet I didn't do anything to stop myself either. This is the consequence of the choice I made - Sandara ended up being hurt.

 

I opened my eyes and look down at her. I was about to hold her when she suddenly pulled away from me and look at me straight in the eye with her tear streaked face "Is this how it ends Jiyong? Don't you love me anymore? Am I not worth it? she asked brokenly biting her lips to stop it from trembling.

 

I was taken aback by her questions. I tried to rack my brain for some answer but I can't seem to find one. It's just a simple question that can be answered by Yes or No, yet I find it hard to answer her question. It's as if my tongue was cut, I can't utter a single word. I opened my mouth only to close it again. What should I say? Will words be enough to undo what I've done? Will it take away all the pain that I've caused her?

 

I didn't know I was staring at her quite long when she suddenly broke the silence stretched between us, "I guess i'm not" Dara uttered quietly looking at me with a pained expression written all over her face.

 

 

I woke up from the loud ringing of my phone. I snapped my eyes open and was confused for a moment as I realized i'm not at home. I looked around me only to find out that I've fallen asleep inside the studio of YG building. I groaned and stretch my arms upward and turn my head in a circular motion followed by craking of my neck from left to right. My whole body's aching as I've slept while sitting on the swivel chair with my head resting on top of the table in front of me. 

 

I remember going straight to the studio after the meeting I had with Hyunsuk hyung. After what happened yesterday at the building's lobby, I decided to start working on our album to keep my mind from thinking about her. But I failed miserably as all I can think about the whole night was her blank face staring at me with a deadpan look in her eyes. I closed my eyes and tried to empty my mind when I heard the loud ringing of my phone that has been long forgotten the moment I wake up. I was about to look for my phone when I caught sight of a paper lying on the floor with words written on it. I picked up the piece of paper and read the words written at the upper middle part of it.

 

"If You" is what's written on the top of what I think the lyrics that I made yesterday night. As I've read each word, painful memories came rushing to me. The scenes in the dream I had earlier pops into my mind which reminds me of what happened the day Dara broke up with me. 

 

My vision blurs as tears started to welled up in the corner of my eyes. I looked up to stop the tears from fallling and to stop myself from breaking down while clutching my chest as I felt a painful tug in my heart. I choked back a sob that's trying to escape my trembling lips and cover my mouth to keep me from producing any painful sound.

 

I tried to even out my breathing and compose myself. "This is not the right time for you to breakdown Jiyong. You've got a lot of things to do so keep your mind straight and focus on what you needed to do." I scolded myself.

 

I was lost in my own thoughts that I didn't hear the clicking sound of the door knob and didn't notice that somebody came in.

 

Author's POV

 

Jiyong was still in trance when Teddy went inside the studio with his phone pressed at his right ear while twisting the door knob with left hand. 

 

"Aish, why is this kid not answ-" his rants were cut short when he saw Jiyong sitting at the middle of the studio with his back leaning at the backrest of the chair and his head resting on top of it while holding a piece of paper in his right hand.

 

"Yah!" Teddy shouted across the room which made Jiyong flinched and snapped his head to the direction of the owner of the voice.

 

"Oh hyung," is all Jiyong could utter as he was surprise by Teddy's sudden appearance. "How long have you been there?" he asked while standing from the swivel chair.

 

Teddy push the door close before walking up to Jiyong while glaring at the confused guy. "Why aren't you answering my call?" he asked with his hands placed at each side of his hips.

 

"Oh, miyanhae. I didn't know you were the one calling me." Jiyong answered tersely.

 

"Ya, what's wrong with you? You look worn out, did you put an all nighter yesterday? Teddy asked incredously while dragging the swivel chair next to Jiyong's and slumped himself down. "Did Hyunsuk hyung asked you to start working already? You just got back dude? What's with the hurry?" Teddy continued looking up to the still standing Jiyong. 

 

"Ani, I was the one who insisted to work now. I need to finish and polished up some songs to be included in our album. You know we're having our comeback soon hyung. I want it all perfect when we start recording." Jiyong explained as he turned around the swivel chair facing Teddy and proceed to seat as well.

 

"Aigoo, here comes the perfectionist Dragon! Looks like i'll be having sleepless nights again. I better give Hyesul a heads up of our schedule or she'll end up nagging at me for not coming home. Shouldn't we start setting up a tent or something here?" Teddy jokingly added as he animatedly gestured the shape of the tent.

 

"Ani hyung, I still need to come home everyday or my mom might end up disowning me. She missed her son so much to the point of strangling the life out of me when she hugged me yesterday. Jiyong laughingly commented as memories of her mom's behavior amuses him.

 

"Won't it be hard for you to go home everyday? I mean your house is kinda far from here?" Teddy pointed out.

 

"Hmm, I'm actually trying my luck later with omma, i'll try to ask her if I can move out after a week so I can stay in my apartment. It will be more convenient for me to stay there while i'm working on our album since it's nearer and I've got my own studio there." Jiyong explained leaning back on his chair and placing his arms on top of the armrest while playing with the paper in between his index and middle finger.

 

"What's that you're holding? Is that a new song you composed?" Teddy asked as he snatched the paper from Jiyong's hand. "Woah!" Teddy exlaimed while reading the lyrics written in the paper. "Daebak! You never really fail to amaze me with your compositions. "Chincha! This will be a big hit for sure! Look at the lyrics! I can feel your overflowing emotion while writing this. Woah, I felt like crying" Teddy sniggered while dramatically clutching his front shirt, acting as if his hurt.

 

Jiyong can only shake his head and laugh at Teddy's comment. But true to Teddy's words, he was so emotional yesterday while writing the lyrics of the song to the point that he almost cry his eyes out. Just thinking about Dara and what happened to their relationship sends a painful squeeze in his heart. Even if they're not together anymore, Dara has always and still been the inspiration to every song he composed. Every word and sentence is dedicated to her, only her. And this song reflects his longing for Dara, his regrets, the words he wanted to tell her, and most importantly his hope that maybe, just maybe, they could still get back together. He sighed, and stood up to look for his phone on the table at his side where piles of paper are scattered all over it.

 

As soon as Jiyong found his phone underneath the pile of papers, he check his phone and notice  that he has alot

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter