TWENTY TWO

I'm Telling You

Changkyun had been finding it hard to sleep lately. He thought it was probably down to a combination of worrying about Hyunwoo and the sudden slow down of their schedules. When they were busy he was often asleep as soon as his head hit the pillow, even if he had a lot on his mind it was difficult to sit up pondering when you were physically exhausted. But now he had fewer schedules and more time on his hands leaving him a lot of time to ponder. As such it was currently two am and he was in the kitchen making himself hot chocolate. He’d been doing some reading and apparently raising your body temperature and then letting it drop again was a sleep inducer. And really, after a week of fitful sleep anything was worth a try.

He’d just placed his freshly made mug of hot chocolate onto the table and had been about to go hunt for some marshmallows when he heard the buzz of their intercom.

At first he’d ignored it, thinking he was hearing things or it was some drunk person hitting buttons. Who would be at their door at two am? But as he’d opened the cupboard behind him he’d heard the noise again and confused frown forming he’d headed for the living room to find out what was going on.

 

~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~

 

Im Jaebum was outside their apartment block, that was what was going on. Changkyun was taking that to mean he’d finally read the letter Hyunwoo had sent him. But if that was the case why hadn’t he called Hyunwoo first before turning up it his door? At two am no less… what was wrong with him?

Changkyun was seriously considering ignoring him, pretending he hadn’t heard the door. He probably wouldn’t have if he’d still been in bed like everyone else. But as he watched Jaebum on the intercom screen, running a hand through his hair and stabbing impatiently at the door buzzer for a third time he realised that if he’d taken the effort to turn up at this hour it was unlikely he was going to turn around and leave when the door wasn’t answered straight away. He was going to keep hitting that button until someone heard him. And since he and Jooheon were the only two people who knew he was the father of Hyunwoo’s baby there would be a lot of questions to answer if anyone else answered the door.

But did he go downstairs and talk to him or did he invite him up? He didn’t want to invite him into the dorm, for the same reason he didn’t want anyone else answering the door. If the other members walked in on them taling there would be questions. But talking to him about Hyunwoo’s pregnancy in the street where anyone could be watching and anyone could hear probably wasn’t a good idea either.

As he continued debating what to do, weighing up the pros and cons, Jaebum hit the buzzer for a fourth time. And Changkyun snatched up the intercom receiver and barked an irritated “What do you want?”, down the line.

Jaebum turned to look at the speaker on the wall, evidently startled. Then he leaned closer to the receiver beside it and Changkyun heard the crackle of his own name in his ear.

“Yes, it’s Changkyun.” He snapped back. “What do you want? It’s two am.”

“I need to speak to Hyunwoo.” Jaebum told him.

“Well you can’t.” Changkyun said shortly. How dare he turn up in the early hours of the morning, demanding to speak to his hyung, after everything he’d done… after how insensitive and rude he’d been?

“You’re the one who told me to read that letter.” Jaebum reminded him, getting ever more agitated, hand making its way through his hair again, voice rising slightly. “And now you won’t let me talk to him?”

“He’s not here.” Changkyun bit back, his own voice hardening. Which was probably what he should have said in the first place. Hyunwoo wasn’t actually in the building so talking to him was going to be pretty hard.

“He doesn’t need a protector or a bodyguard. He’s a grown man!” Jaebum retorted, the disbelief in his voice not a big surprise. “So just let me in.”

Changkyun thought about saying no, thought about leaving him at the door and letting him buzz and buzz until he ended up with callused fingers. He’d deserve it. But again, he knew that if he did he’d end up waking someone else and it wouldn’t be worth the drama. So instead, he slammed down the receiver and buzzed Jaebum up. He’d just have to convince him Hyunwoo really wasn’t there, face to face.

 

~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~

 

“Where is he?” Jaebum asked as soon as the door had closed behind him.

“I told you, he’s not here.” Changkyun repeated, sidestepping to block Jaebum’s way before he could head into the dorm and look for him himself.

Jaebum still wasn’t convinced. “Where else would he be? It’s the middle of the night.”

“Oh, so you know how late it is then.” Changkyun said, raising an eyebrow as he sidestepped a second time to block his way. “And you thought it was a good idea, dragging a pregnant person out of bed in the middle of the night? Do you know how much energy it takes to grow a baby? How little sleep he’s had since he found out? Oh wait… you wouldn’t. Because you’ve been ignoring his calls.”

“It was stupid of me I know,” Jaebum admitted, face paling, not looking all that comfortable with Changkyun’s use of the word baby. “And I’m sorry. But this is a big deal, I need to talk to him so we can work things out.” He added, obviously realising that to get to Hyunwoo he had to get through Changkyun first.

“And I told you he’s not here.” Changkyun said, enunciating each word clearly.

“And I’ll say it again,” Jaebum countered, mimicking Changkyun’s tone and stressing each syllable, “where else would he be?”

“I don’t know…” Changkyun mused, crossing his arms and pretending to think about it, “… maybe he’s at his parents, trying to work out how he’s going to be a single parent and an idol at the same time.”

“Oh…” Jaebum said quietly, having the grace to look a little abashed.

“So yeah, he’s not here.” Changkyun reiterated. “You can just go home.”

“I can’t just go home…” Jaebum argued, “… all he really said in the letter was that he’s pregnant and it’s mine. I need more than that… I need details… I need answers…”

What Changkyun needed to do was to sit down with the hot chocolate he’d made and then he needed some sleep. He couldn’t see the sleep happening anytime soon but he could at least drink the hot chocolate he decided. “Fine,” he said with a sigh, “take off your shoes and we can go into the kitchen and talk. I’ll try and answer any questions you’ve got but you need to keep quiet, okay?”

“Okay,” Jaebum agreed looking grateful. “I can do that.”

 

~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~

 

Jaebum was looking less grateful. It was probably because the first words out of Changkyun’s mouth after they’d taken a seat at the kitchen table had been a rather rude “Yes Hyunwoo hyung is pregnant and yes you’re the father. I don’t know what else you need to know. It’s that simple.”

Jaebum evidently didn’t think so because what came out of his mouth was a stuttered, “Okay… yes… but… how… I don’t get it… it just doesn’t make sense.”

“Did they not teach about this stuff when you were at school?” Changkyun asked. Yes, he got that Jaebum was probably a little bit in shock but it was such a ridiculous thing to say. “Of course it makes sense. You two had , you probably weren’t as careful as you should have been and now he’s pregnant. What else do you need from me? A diagram?

“That’s not what I meant.” Jaebum snapped, not looking at all impressed by amount of attitude Changkyun was sending his way.

“Then what did you mean?” Changkyun asked, the glare Jaebum was sending his way making him angrier rather than making him back down. “You said you wanted answers. If that’s what you want why don’t you try asking questions that make sense.”

“Okay.” Jaebum said not looking any happier but clearly realising that arguing back wasn’t going to get him anywhere. “Who else knows? That he’s pregnant I mean…”

“That’s your first question?” Was he serious? Not ‘how is Hyunwoo?’ or ‘how is the baby?’ but ‘who knows?’. The pure selfishness behind the question was enough to make his blood boil.

“Yes.” Jaebum insisted, either not realising why Changkyun looked so annoyed or not caring. “Who knows?”

“Everyone who needs to know. The rest of the group, the company, his parents…” Changkyun replied still not quite believing what he was hearing.

“Okay…” Jaebum said slowly, “… and who knows, that it’s me that…” he said next, trailing off before finishing the question.

And there he went again. “Is that all you care about? People finding out you messed up?” Changkyun exclaimed, voice rising slightly despite himself.

“No, that’s not it… I just need to know who knows what so I know what I can say to who.” Jaebum argued.

And while this made sense Changkyun wasn’t convinced. Yes it was something he needed to know but if he cared about Hyunwoo at all he’d have asked about him first. “I know and Jooheon knows.” He told him, answering his question anyway. “Hyunwoo hyung wanted you to know first before he told anyone else.”

Jaebum nodded. “Good… that’s good.” He said. “It would be a nightmare for everyone if the public found out before we had a plan.”

Again this was true but again Changkyun wasn’t impressed. He couldn’t believe that Jaebum hadn’t asked after Hyunwoo’s health once. If he was in his position it would be the first thing he would do. And he was about to say something to this effect but before he could Jaebum was talking again.

“It still doesn’t make sense though. The last time that we… well that we were together like that… it was ages ago. If he’s pregnant then why is he only telling me now?”

Changkyun resisted the urge to snap something about it not making a difference if he’d told him sooner, he still wouldn’t have answered his phone and took a deep breath in an attempt to keep his cool. “If you must know he spent a really long time trying to convince himself that he wasn’t.” He explained. “It’s only recently that he’s had it confirmed.”

Jaebum took a moment to think this over. Then he was mumbling a tentative “Is he sure?”

If Changkyun had actually been drinking the hot chocolate in front of him he’d probably have spat it out. “Is he… of course he’s sure. He’s had an ultrasound for crying out loud. He has a picture of the baby in his wallet!”

“That’s not what I meant.” Jaebum said for a second time, not quite able to meet Changkyun’s eye.

“The say what you mean!” Why was he so bad at that?

“I mean… is he sure that the dates make sense?” Jaebum said, voice quiet. “Is he sure this goes to back to when we were together, that it’s not a newer development?”

For a moment all Changkyun could do was stare at him in shocked silence. He couldn’t be serious… surely not… he couldn’t be saying what he thought he was saying. But the shocked silence didn’t last long. “You think there might have been someone else?” He asked, his own voice dangerously quiet. “You think he moved on that fast. After what you did to him?” Did he really not know how much he’d hurt him? He’d didn’t think he’d wanted to hit someone so badly in his life.

“Maybe…” Jaebum said, gaze still focussed on the table. “… I wouldn’t blame him if he did. And even if it was a one time thing with someone else…”

Changkyun once again found himself lost for words. Maybe he really should hit him. He was usually the one saying ‘violence is never the answer’ but maybe it would knock some sense into him.

However, before he could make up his mind on whether it was better to stick to his principles or punch Jaebum hard in the mouth they heard the sound of the kitchen door handle moving and they both froze.

Please be Jooheon Changkyun prayed, watching as the door swung slowly open. If it was anyone else but Jooheon he’d have so much explaining to do.

And it was. It was Jooheon. Changkyun leant back in his chair giving an audible sigh of relief.

Jooheon gave Jaebum a perfunctory nod and a greeting of ‘Hyung’ then turned to Changkyun. “Why are you still awake?” He asked. “All you did today was complain that you’re tired.”

“Well I was on my way to bed but I got interrupted.” Changkyun told him, his eyes flicking from Jooheon’s face to settle on Jaebum.

And as Jooheon’s gaze followed Changkyun’s and his brain finally relayed the fact that it wasn’t another member of their group sitting at the table with his friend, his eyes went comically wide. “What did you do?” He asked, spinning back to look at Changkyun. “What if someone else walks in? Are you crazy?”

“I didn’t ask him here!” Changkyun exclaimed, offended at Jooheon’s insinuation that he could be so stupid. “He just turned up. And I couldn’t just leave him out there buzzing the doorbell. He’d have woken the whole dorm.”

“Oh.” Jooheon said, expression immediately softening. “Well yeah, I guess you couldn’t. But what is he doing here? What does he want?”

“I’m sitting right here you know.” Jaebum reminded them, his turn to sound offended. He obviously didn’t appreciate being ignored.

“Yeah, sitting right there making out that Hyunwoo hyung’s a liar.” Changkyun countered, having little sympathy.

“A liar?” The look Jooheon sent Jaebum’s way to accompany the words was more than a little intimidating.

“That’s not what I said!” Jaebum protested, “I was just asking if he was sure, about the dates and things. That he’s as pregnant as he thinks he is. Maybe he go it confused, maybe this is down to someone else…”

“There wasn’t anyone else!” Changkyun snapped, frown back.

“He’s right, there wasn’t.” Joohoen confirmed, and knowing Changkyun enough to realise he was coming dangerously close to losing his temper entirely he placed a hand on the younger man’s shoulder and gave it a squeeze.

Changkyun didn’t know if it was a squeeze of reassurance or a squeeze of warning but either way it worked. “There was no time for there to be anyone else, even if he’d been in a place where he wanted that.” He added, voice a little calmer now. “We were too busy.”

“Exactly.” Jooheon said, and satisfied that Changkyun wasn’t about to launch himself at Jaebum across the table he dropped his hand and pulled out a chair, taking a seat beside his friend. “And he’s definitely as pregnant as he thinks he is. He has another scan in a couple of weeks and they should be able to tell him the gender of the baby.”

“Really?” Jaebum asked, still not sounding like he believed it.

“Really.” Jooheon confirmed. “He’s looking forward to it a lot.”

“Yeah, he’s pretty sure he’s having a girl and he wants to find out if he’s right.” Changkyun added, if Jooheon could be civil he supposed he could try at being civil too.

“They can tell that already?” Jaebum asked next.

“Of course they can, he’s almost halfway there.” Changkyun told him, only just keeping himself from rolling his eyes.

“But if he’s that far on…” Jaebum started to say.

But thankfully Jooheon butted in before he could ask another question that would have Changkyun’s mood deteriorating. “I think he was at least three months pregnant before he seriously started to suspect something was up.” Jooheon explained. “And even once he did he spent a long time trying to convince himself that he wasn’t.”

“Yeah, because he was terrified.” Changkyun felt the need to add, aiming another frown at Jaebum. “And he didn’t want to ruin things for anyone else, and that included you. He didn’t want to get you in trouble.”

“This is just… it’s insane…” Jaebum told them, with a slight shake of his head. “… this wasn’t meant to happen.”

“It has happened though.” Jaebum said gently. “And you need to come to terms with it, get used to the idea, because Hyunwoo hyung needs some help here. He’s got us but that’s not the same. Even if he says he doesn’t, he needs you on board too. I know this had been a shock but it’s your son or daughter he’s carrying and you need to step up.”

It was more or less what Changkyun had wanted to say but Jooheon had managed to do it in a calm and collected manner with no swearing at all. It was lucky he’d turned up really, Changkyun knew that if he’d been left to his own devices it would have descended into an argument long before now.

“I need to talk to him.” Jaebum said quietly, after thinking things over. “I need to hear from him, what he wants to do…”

“You do.” Jooheon agreed. “And we can arrange that. Figure out a time for you to call him and talk, without anyone else being around.”

“No,” Jaebum said firmly, with a shake of his head, “I need to see him. I need to talk to him, face to face.”

“That might be a little difficult.” Jooheon pointed out. “But I guess it’s not impossible. If we work together we can set something up.”

“If he wants to.” Changkyun interjected.

“What?” Jaebum asked, looking confused.

“Only of he wants to.” Changkyun told him. “If he doesn’t feel up to it then we’re sticking to the phone plan.”

“But I need to speak to him properly.” Jaebum insisted. “That’s so much more difficult over the phone.”

“I get that…” Jooheon assured him but he didn’t get to finish because it was Changkyun’s turn to in.

“And however we do it one of us needs to be there too.” He continued, undeterred by the offended look that Jooheon was sending his way in protest at being interrupted. “I’m not having you saying all that stupid ‘are you sure’ crap to him and upsetting him. The last thing we need is him stressing out and ending up back in the hospital.”

It seemed it was a day of revelations for Jaebum because his eyes were widening again as he parroted the words “Back in the hospital?”

Changkyun momentarily felt a little for panicking him but then quickly remembered that Jaebum didn’t deserve his sympathy and pushed the feeling down. “Yes. This hasn’t been easy for him so far. If you’d let him speak last time he called you then you’d know that.”

Jooheon, professional argument preventer, jumped in again. “Like I said earlier he either didn’t know he was pregnant or was pretending he wasn’t for a really long time. He tried to carry on as normal but he wasn’t sleeping well and his morning sickness was pretty bad. That all got on top of him and he ended up under observation, for exhaustion and dehydration.

“But he’s okay now though, right?” Jaebum asked, face looking pale.

“He’s doing a lot better.” Jaebum assured him.

“And the baby… the baby’s okay too?”

It was the first since he’d come through the door that Jaebum had shown actual concern for his hyung or the baby and Changkyun found his defensive attitude dropping just a little. “The baby’s fine.” He told him, frown fading a little. “Everything on the first ultrasound looked as it should and we got to listen to her heartbeat too.”

“Good.” Jaebum said, he seemed slightly happier but there was still a vague aura of panic radiating from him. “That’s good.”

Changkyun, not knowing what else to say, just nodded his agreement. He was right, a baby with a heartbeat was a good thing.

“But…” Jaebum continued when he didn’t get a verbal reply, “… I still need to talk him. I need to see him, in person and ask him if he’s okay. I need to know for sure.”

And Changkyun’s defensive wall was automatically back up. “We’re not lying to you.” He protested.

“I’m sure that’s not what he’s saying.” Jooheon interjected, acting the mediator again.

“Well it’s sounds like that’s what he’s saying.” Changkyun grumbled, doing his best to keep his temper at a simmer, trying not to let it overflow.

“Even if he and Hyunwoo hyung aren’t a thing anymore, well they’ve known each other a really long time, haven’t they?” Jooheon reasoned. “And I’m sure he believes us when we say he’s okay but he’d also feel a lot better if he could see for himself. If you knew that someone you cared about had been ill wouldn’t you want to see for yourself that they’re okay?”

“I suppose so.” Changkyun huffed, simultaneously impressed with Jooheon’s people skills and annoyed at him for being so reasonable.

But Jooheon wasn’t finished. “So why don’t we speak to Hyunwoo hyung, tell him what’s happened and ask what he wants to do? If he wants to see Jaebum face to face too then we can go from there, come up with plan. If he doesn’t then that’s his decision and we’ll arrange a phone call.”

Jooheon was right of course, it was Hyunwoo’s decision to make. But that didn’t mean Changkyun had to be happy about it. “Yeah, and if he does agree to see him what then? How are we going to arrange that without getting management involved?” He asked, scowl that had been directed at Jaebum now focussed on Jooheon.

Jooheon was unperturbed by the hostile look Changkyun was sending his way. “If that’s what he wants then we’ll think about it then. We’re smart. I mean we got him that pregnancy test without anyone finding out, didn’t we? We’ll come up something.”

Changkyun just gave a huff of annoyance and looked back at the table. Technically he’d picked up the pregnancy test, Jooheon had just stalked him to the store and given him a heart attack but he had a point. Where there was a will there was a way, so if Hyunwoo really wanted to speak to Jaebum in person then between them they would work something out.

Jaebum however was a lot happier with the way the conversation was going. “Thank you,” he said, sounding genuinely grateful. “Just talk to him for me, that’s all I’m asking. And if he really doesn’t want to see me right now then I’ll understand. A phone call, that will do. I just need to speak to him, check he’s okay then we can work out what we’re going to do.”

It was a marked difference from ‘is he sure?’ Jooheon really could work wonders.

But just because he was showing an interest now that didn’t take away from the fact Jaebum had made it all about himself in the beginning. “We’re not doing this for you.” Changkyun felt the need to point out, not ready to forgive him yet.

Jooheon went with a more polite, “You’re welcome.”

“Really, I mean it. Thank you.” Jaebum insisted, choosing to focus on Jooheon’s response over Changkyun’s.

“You don’t need to thank us, it needs to be done.” Jooheon told him. “Sitting here, talking about it when Hyunwoo isn’t even here is pointless. He needs to be involved.”

“You’re right.” Jaebum said, nodding his agreement.

“So why don’t you go home?” Jooheon suggested. “Before someone else wakes up and wants to know why you’re in our kitchen. I’ll walk you out and we can make sure we have your correct contact number. Then once he’s back and we’ve talked to him we’ll call you and let you know what Hyunwoo hyung wants to do.”

 

~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~

 

So Jooheon had done it. He’d worked his magic and their kitchen was now Jaebum free. And Changkyun was sitting at the table, scowling at his hot chocolate, waiting for Jooheon to come back.

It didn’t take long, Jooheon was soon back in the kitchen, closing the door behind him. “You can take that look off your face now.” He told him as he made his way back to the table. “He’s gone.”

“Yeah. He’s gone but he was here long enough for my hot chocolate to go cold.” Changkyun grumbled.

“It’s almost three am.” Jooheon reminded him. “You don’t need hot chocolate, you need sleep.”

“The hot chocolate was to help me sleep.” Changkyun told him, still gazing sadly at the mug on the table in front of him. He hadn’t even had a chance to find the marshmallows and it was all Jaebum’s fault. He really was the worst.

“You don’t need hot chocolate for that.” Jooheon argued. “I’ll help you sleep.”

“And how are you going to do that?” Changkyun asked. Jaebum’s visit had left him wide awake and fuming. He was too annoyed to sleep.

“I don’t know. We’ll put on some music, or I’ll talk to you and bore you to sleep, or we’ll do both. If we try I’m sure we’ll find something that works. Now come on,” he told him, taking a step back towards the door. “Let’s go. I’m not going to be able to sleep until you sleep and I really need to sleep.”

“Fine.” Changkyun huffed, knowing there was no point arguing with him. Jooheon could be ridiculously stubborn when he wanted to be. “Just let me wash this up and I’ll be right there.”

 

~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~

 

By the time Changkyun had made it to their room Jooheon had already worked out a sleep time playlist and there was soft piano music sounding from the speaker on their desk.

“Get in.” Jooheon said to him as soon as he’d closed the door behind him, nodding at Changkyun’s bed from where he was sitting on his own.

“I’m going.” Changkyun mumbled, trying to hide a smile. Not only had he arranged the playlist but Jooheon had also pulled back his bedcovers for him and left one of his stuffed animals on the pillow. Changkyun had told him once that he always slept better when he had something to hold onto and it was nice, knowing that Jooheon had not only been listening but he’d remembered too.

He was such a good friend Changkyun mused as he got into bed and made himself comfortable, hugging the stuffed rabbit toy Jooheon had picked out for him to his chest. Sometimes he wasn’t sure if he deserved him. “Thank you.” He added quietly, as Jooheon turned off his bedside lamp and lay down too. “For being so grown up earlier. I know I was being a bit of a brat but I couldn’t help it. Everything he was saying was just coming across as selfish and it made me so angry. But that didn’t mean I had to be rude.”

“He deserved it.” Jooheon assured him, him voice firm and startled, Changkyun turned to look at him in.

That wasn’t what he’d been expecting to hear at all, not after Jooheon’s stellar mediation job in the kitchen. “He did?” He asked.

“Of course he did.” Jooheon told him. “From breaking up with Hyunwoo hyung until now he’s been a real idiot and someone needed to let him know that. If you hadn’t been doing such a good job of it I would have done it myself.”

“But you were so nice to him.” Changkyun protested. “You were acting so civil and mature.”

“It wasn’t because I wanted to.” Jooheon was quick to make clear. “It was mostly because Hyunwoo hyung really wants him to know about the baby and the sooner that happens the better and it was partly because I really wanted him out of the dorm so we could both go to bed.”

“Well you did a great job.” Changkyun told him, the respect he already had for him growing even more.

“Thanks.” Jooheon said, a hint of a smile in his voice. “I tried. Now let’s forget about Jaebum and Hyunwoo hyung and the baby for a while and try and get some sleep. If we don’t we’re both going to be dead on our feet tomorrow.”

“I don’t know if I can.” Changkyun sighed, rolling onto his side to look at him properly.

“Then let’s talk about something else until you can.” Jooheon suggested.

“Like what?” Changkyun asked.

“Anything you want to.” Was Jooheon’s reply.

“Okay…” Changkyun said, taking a moment to think about it, “… say we had some real time off, like a week with no schedules and they told us we could do whatever we want… what would you do?”

“I don’t know, there are so many things we could do.” Jooheon mused, “And it would depend on the weather wouldn’t it? When would this week off be?”

“Whenever you want it to be.” Changkyun told him, picking up on the use of the word ‘we’. Did he mean ‘we’ as in they’d both have time off so they’d both be able to make plans seperately, or ‘we’ as in they’d be spending their time off together? He’d like it if it was the latter he decided. He liked spending time with Jooheon too and it was always nice to feel wanted.

“Then it can be in the summer, so we can go to the beach.” Jooheon told him. “We can go surfing.”

“This is meant to be real time off.” Changkyun reminded him, “you don’t have to bring everyone else along with you.” That’s probably what he meant by we. He was talking about the whole group.

“I’m not talking about everyone. I’m talking about you and me.” Jooheon clarified. “Spending a whole week on my own would be boring. And if I didn’t take you with me there’d be no one there to laugh at me when I make a fool of myself.”

“Good point.” Changkyun agreed, smiling at the thought of Jooheon trying and failing to surf, then sulking about it and blaming the weather or the board or both. He was cute when he sulked. “But you don’t have to take me, you can take anyone you want.”

“Who else would I take?” Jooheon asked, sounding truly surprised by the suggestion. “If I have to spend a whole week with just one person then of course it’s going to be you. Anyone else would drive me nuts. And if you didn’t come I’d miss you, I’m so used to having you around.”

“I’d miss you too.” Changkyun admitted, not sure why Jooheon’s words had made him so happy. Of course Jooheon would miss him, they were friends and like he’d said they were used to spending all day every day together. It would be weird if they didn’t miss each other.

“Good.” Jooheon told him. “If you didn’t I’d be kind of annoyed.”

“Well I would, so you don’t have to be.” Changkyun assured him. “Now go on, what else would we do?”

“Well we’d eat all the best seafood…” Jooheon began and still smiling Changkyun burrowed further into his duvet and settled down to listen to him talk. And as Jooheon had predicted he was asleep within minutes, before Jooheon had even gotten to the end of his meal plan for the week.