Concert

The Day I Drew You...

June 3rd, 2016:

9h00 AM

I was in my Physics class doing the exercices that we had to do. I was so bored that I was looking at nothing. I seemed lost in my mind. My gaze was fixed on Jihun's back. I thought about how I would confess to him and about how I should gain courage to do it. But, I thought that I shouldn't rush things too, because it could lead to the worst. I understood why confessions were hard to do now.

"Seungjun!" Yuju called me.

I returned from my thoughts and looked at Yuju. I asked her what she wanted. She replied that I just seemed absent. I giggled and did as if it was nothing. I said that I was just distracted. Yuju smiled and changed subject.

"You'll go to our concert tonight, right?" she asked.

I was surprised, because I didn't know that her music group would have another concert. Most people in my class were in this group including Jihun too. They were in the same Music class and they had concerts to do. I had Music class too, but  their Music class were for more experienced people and I wasn't. And my Music class has done its last concert two weeks ago. So, I thought that the other group would have finished with concerts too. But, I guessed that it was why they were in the upgraded program of Music class.

"Admit that you're totally going to our concert!" she said.

"I don't know. Maybe." I replied, shy. I was smiling awkwardly.

"What do you mean by "I don't know"? You should really come!"

Jihun heard everything and turned around.

"You're not coming to our concert? You should really! There will be great guests too!" he said.

I felt pressured when he told me that, because it was true that I wanted to go there to see them and especially Jihun, but I had to finish my Physics Essay which was to be given Monday.. So, I didn't have much time to finish it. Also, I just knew about this concert now and I wasn't the type of person that liked unexpected things. Anyway, I asked Jihun and Yuju when the concert will be held and where. I told them that I would think about it. I didn't really know what to do, but I thought that I shouldn't overwork my mind with that only. Later, Jihun turned around again and "pleaded" me to go to their concert. I was startled, but I knew that he was just fooling around, because he was overreacting. Still, it was cute to see him do that. Also, he imitated flutists to show me "how the concert would be". It made me laugh. My heart fluttered more and I couldn't believe that it was just because of that. But, love wasn't something that you could control anyway. I still didn't know if I could come though...

 

10h00 AM

I was in my Music class and next to Jin. During the attendance, I was drawing in my notebook. I was joking with Jin too. Then, I looked at what I was drawing and realized that I was drawing Jihun. I was shocked at first. Jin saw me moved. He looked at my notebook and looked at me. I tried to act normal with him. It seemed that I was thinking of Jihun more than I thought.

 

11h15 AM

It was lunch time. I was at my locker to take my lunchbox. Yuju arrived (her locker was close to mine). She was talking to her friend Yerin who I met last year. Yuju asked me again if I would go to the concert. I said that I was thinking again about that. She asked me what could make me say "no". I said that I wasn't advanced in the Physics essay and that I was scared to not finish it in time. Yerin told me that I shouldn't worry too much about it. Yuju added that it was Friday and that I shouldn't work on that day. I thought that maybe I was acting too much like a nerd...

"So, I can count on seeing you tonight?" Yuju asked before leaving.

"I still don't know. I will think about it." I replied.

Yuju said that she was sure that I wouldn't come, but she understood. Then, she left. This concert thing was really giving me an headache. Later, at the cafeteria, I asked my friend if they wanted to come to the concert with me. I said that I wanted to go, but I didn't want to be alone. None of them wanted as they planned on working on the Physics class essay. Jin hesitated, but finally refused the proposition. He said that I should go alone if I really wanted to go. I didn't know what to choose. It might sound silly to everyone, but it was just that I was bad at making decisions. What if I see something that would break my heart there? I was probably dramatizing, but with all the things that happened to me this year I couldn't just exclude this possibilty.

 

4h00 PM

I was at home still thinking about that concert. There was 2 hours and half left before it would begin. I wanted to see Jihun especially and I wanted to support my friends too. I thought that it may be egoist of me to stay at home just to do my Physics essay finally... I didn't know... But, I was really making a big deal just for something small like this... I've decided to let go of these thoughts and do something else. Hours passed, I was still doing some homeworks. As I checked what time was it, I've dropped my pencil on my desk. It was 6h30 and I knew that I've missed the concert. Parts of me was regretting this while the others said that it was the best choice to make. It was a small thing that became big just because of my head. I thought that I shouldn't be this indecisive the next times. I thought that "this choice" might affect the path of my life, because of the "butterfly effect" that I've learned years ago. Anyway, I felt sorry for not going there, but I told myself that it might be the best choice to do. I've continued my Physics essay thinking about what could be coming next.

END OF CHAPTER 8

______________________________________

Author's Note:

And here's another chapter done! This chapter is mostly based on "choice", because it might be a big factor in the last chapters. So, I wanted to show that someone has to become lesser indecisive because he/she might regret it. You might won't understand what I'm talking about, but maybe you'll get it later. Anyway, I'm thinking that there's only 3 chapters left to complete the story, but let's see how things are going to be.

P.S: Just saw that Seungjun had to draw Jihun in their today's V Live. If you know what I mean hehe... :)