Prom

The Day I Drew You...

June 8th, 2016:

9h50 AM

I went to see my friends as if nothing happened. I confessed to Jihun and I couldn't believe it. This moment was still in my head and it would haunt me for a long time. I joined Jin and my friends. He asked me where I was. I replied that I had to go to the washroom. The older told me that it was weird, because I rarely went there. I just nodded. Actually, it was hard to do as if nothing happened. This confession was rewinding in my head.

(Flashback)

I just confessed to Jihun and I was just waiting his reaction. Each seconds felt like hours. Our eyes met... His mouth started opening to pronounce his reply...

"I'm straight." he said.

At that moment, my heart just stopped. It seemed like I was unconcious.

"Hey, are you talking alone?" someone said to Jihun.

I was surprised. Someone else was here? Jihun turned his head to see who it was. The person saw me. I thought hearing: "Oh, so cute." after. But, I wasn't sure. I was just worried that this person heard my confession. Jihun turned his head to me.

"I'm sorry. But, I admire your courage by telling me that," he said.

"Don't worry. I had just to spit everything out. Thanks!" I replied, fake smiling.

He smiled and nodded. I left him with my feelings just all mixed up.

(End of flashback)

 

June 21st, 2016:

3h45 PM

I was preparing myself for the school prom. I was waiting for Jin and his parents to give me a ride. When I finished dressing up, I sat on my bed. I thought about how this event would take place. It would probably fun, but my mind just reminded me that it would be probably be the last time I would ever see Jihun in my life. Even if I confessed to him and that I knew that he wouldn't ever love me, I was still thinking about him everyday. When I would rethink about the moment I confessed to Jihun, I would sometimes cry because I just couldn't bear the sadness that was overflowing in my body. Most of the time, I would be strong and tried to hold my tears, but I had sometimes to just cry. I knew that I needed to move on, but I didn't want to precipitate things. I would just move on when I would feel being ready to do so. Anyway, after the confession, things with Jihun became a little bit awkward. We were talking less. We didn't have many interactions. It was too bad, but it was normal. I asked him once if he could study with me, but it was just an bad idea... Also, he told me that it was better to not spend too much time with him, because I would just be more attached to him. He told me that it was better for me and to take care of myself. His kindness was making me more sad, because it touched me too much. Anyway, I thought that I should stop thinking about him because if not I would have red eyes for the prom. While thinking about the event, I asked myself things like how would Jihun look like with a beautiful smoking. It made my heart raced and I slapped my face to stop thinking about it. I saw Jin's car by the window and left the house.

 

4h30 PM

I was with Jin in the place where the prom would take place, but there was the graduation ceremony that would occur first. After taking our toga and our hat, we went upstairs with the other students. I was talking with my friends. Sometimes, I saw Jihun in his toga. He looked cute with it... Also, sometimes when our gazes would meet, he would do his nodding salutation again. I thought that he stopped doing so, but I was glad that he didn't stop. Later, at the graduation ceremony, each student had to sit on the seat with their designated numbers. Unfortunately, I was just behind Jihun. It meant that I would have to see his back for the whole ceremony (which I knew that it would take long).

 

6h00 PM

After a long moment, the graduation ceremony had finally finished. Every student thrown their hats. When all the hats were down, Jihun turned around and asked whose hat was the one he was holding. I saw that my friend next to me didn't have her hat and I told Jihun that it was hers. He gave back her hat and turned around. At least, I've got to talk to him.

 

00h30 AM

I was on my bed thinking back about the prom. It was fun, dancing with my friends and chatting with them. It didn't go as bad as I thought. I couldn't believe that it was the end of high school and that I wouldn probably not ever see again most of the people I knew at my school. All the good and bad moments I had in this school and with these people were now in the past. Suddenly, Jihun came to my mind. It was too bad that he was someone I would never see again too. I thought about the moment when I saw him in the ballroom. Jihun with that outfit was too beautiful to look at. My heart couldn't stop fluttering each time I saw him. We didn't really have any interactions in the ballroom. We just passed by one time and had an eye contact. But, nothing special. It was the end of a step and I had to try moving on the next one. I thought that I would probably think a lot about Jihun during this summer, but I knew that I would be able to move on one day. All the memories I had with Jihun passed by mind as I was looking at the ceiling. I smiled a little bit and closed my eyes.

"Bye Jihun..." I whispered.

One teardrop was slowly dripping down my face.

END OF CHAPTER 10

_______________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note:

So, before you get mad at me for this sad chapter, you better know that the story is still not finished! There will be one last chapter before the end. Nobody knows how the story will end, except me :). But the ending might be a little bit too obvious, but anyway.... As this story is almost finished, I thought of creating another fanfic totally different from this one, but the main characters would still be Seungjun and Jihun (cuz they're really just my fav pairing ever XD). But, I'm still not sure if I'll do it because I might won't have time. Or maybe I'll do it, but a shorter story, who knows. Anyway, I'll see you for the last chapter! See ya later~ :D