College

The Day I Drew You...

August 22nd, 2016

10h00 AM

Two months have passed since my graduation. The summer break was an ok one, nothing really special happened. But, it was better than the one from last year, I guessed. I didn't do any trips and just stayed in the country. Sometimes, I would walk outside and draw a little bit to get fresh air. Also, Seokjin and I went to various places to hang out. After thinking a lot about the "coming out", I thought that Jin hyung should know the truth about my identity. It happened in a cafe; we were talking while drinking juice. It was hard in the beginning, but I succeeded to gain enough courage to tell him that I liked men

"Ah! So, that's why you were never interested in the girls I was showing you... Actually, I had thoughts that you might prefer men, but I didn't want to offend you so I didn't ask," he replied.

Later, he told me that he was perfectly fine with my homouality. I was just happy to have told him the truth and that he was fine with it.

"Since you're interested in men, I'm pretty sure you've once fallen in love with me, because nobody can resist my beauty!" he joked.

I just giggled at his joke, but I've told him that I didn't want to fall in love with him since he was straight and that I was too scared to ruin our friendship. He understood and cheered me up. Later, he asked me politetly if I've fallen in love with some boys. I told him the story with Youjin.

"Oh, that's why I saw that it was kind of awkward between you two!" he would sometimes said.

He was surprised by the "challenges" I had to face with Youjin. He told me that he regretted to have not been there to cheer me up. And that I should've talked to him about all this earlier. He was really a true friend and I was just thankful to have him. Later, I've told him how I was trying to get closer to Jihun.

"I just should help you find a boy," he said after hearing the whole story.

Now, that I was thinking about Jihun, it has been since prom that I haven't seen him (obviously because we wren't close enough). During this summer, I thought about him almost everyday. There were times where I could forget him, but also times where he would pop up in my mind constantly. The first days of summer were quite hard, because I was missing Jihun a lot. I've cried sometimes too, but more time was flying, more I was moving on slowly. I was still sad that it couldn't work with Jihun, but now it didn't bother me as much as it did before. I was just living my life normally. Also, sometimes, I thought of the cute message he left in my yearbook. He wrote it after that I confessed to him and he seemed fine (not too much awkward with me). He wrote that I would revolutionize the world of chemistry and physics with my intelligence. But, his message made me embarrassed of mine, I wrote about how I was glad to meet him and that he was an awesome guy. But, it was something to put in the past.

"Seungjun!" a familiar voice whispered.

As I was surprised, I woke up from my thoughts. It was my first day at college. I was at the library, reading a giant book for a class, but I was lost in my thoughts. I raised my head to see who was the one calling me. As I was raising my head, I could recognize this silhouette, but I couldn't believe that it was this person. Once I arrived to his head, I was startled.

"Oh, Jihun! Long time no see!" I whispered.

Yeah, during summer I've learned that Jihun was going to the same college as me, but I've never thought of really seeing him again. It was because I knew the college was really big so the chances to meet him were pretty low. When I've learned that he would be in the same college as me, my feelings were mixed up. I was happy that I could maybe seeing him again, but I was sad that he would make me remember all the one-sided feelings I had for him. But, I realized that it was useless to think negatively and I just became happy that we were in the same college (even if I thought that we wouldn't really meet).

"Yeah, it has been since prom I haven't seen you," he said, smiling. "Are you occupied because I would like to talk to you outside? If you're occupied, we can talk later," he continued.

I was a little bit surprised by his proposition because he clearly told me that it was better to not spend a lot of time together, but I wanted to know why he asked me that.

"Hmm ok, that's fine. Let's go outside," I replied.

I put my book in my bag. We left the library and walked outside.

"So, how was your summer?" I asked him.

"It was fine. I went to a lot of places for our Music group's tour in Europe. Also, I did a lot of camping. And how was your summer?" he replied.

"A quite normal one I guess. Just spent some times outside hanging out with friends."

We continued to walk. A silence reigned in the atmosphere. It became a little bit awkward. I looked at Jihun. He looked calm, but there was this strand of nervousness that I could feel from him.

"So, why did you want to talk to me? I thought that you didn't want us to spend a lot of time together." I asked him, breaking the silence.

He stopped walking. When I noticed, I stopped too and turned around to look at him. Our eyes met. At this moment, I felt my heart beat a little bit. It seemed that I was still in love with him.

"Do you remember the moment where you confessed to me?" he asked.

How could I forget that moment? It was one of the most heart-breaking and embarrassing moments I've ever lived in my life.

"Yes, I remember. Why do you ask?" I replied, calmly.

He gulped for a moment and he sighed. He closed his eyes to calm himself and reopened them. Our eyes met again.

"I'm sorry... I'm truly sorry..." he said.

"Sorry about what? You're sorry for me? Because it's fine and I understand that you're straight." I replied, surprised by his words.

"No... Actually, I'm sorry because I lied to you..." he said, with his eyes looking at the ground.

I was shocked by what he just said. I couldn't believe what he just told me. I thought that I didn't hear properly what he said to me.

"W-what do you mean you lied to me?" I asked with a shaky voice.

Jihun put his hands together. He seemed to have this "regretful" face on. He wasn't sad, but I could feel that he was being really serious and that he wasn't joking me. He gulped one more time.

"Actually... I am gay..." he said.

My eyes opened wide as I was really shocked. I didn't expect that the scenario would turn around like this. But, I didn't understand why would he tell me that just now. He could just have continued with this lie, because I was feeling hurt a little bit. I felt my heart bleeding a little bit. I was just looking at Jihun. He looked at me.

"And actually... I am in love with you..." he continued.

I couldn't believe what he just said. I didn't understand anything that was happening. Many questions popped in my head. Why did he lie to me? Why was he telling me that only now? And many other questions were running in my mind.

"Why are you telling me that now?" I asked him.

He looked astonished. He became red and I could totally see it. He made one step forward to me.

"I couldn't tell you that I love you, because I wasn't enough ready to tell someone that I actually like a guy... I was scared about my parents and my friends discovering my uality. I know that I acted like a coward when I lied to you. I wasn't ready to talk about it, especially in school. So, when you confessed to me, I just told you that I was straight like this because I was scared. But, I admired your courage to tell me that and I rethought about it a lot. I regreted to have probably hurt you and I'm truly sorry for you. Actually, during all summer, I thought about you a lot. I thought that it was the biggest mistake I've ever made. Then, I learned that we were going to the same college. I was happy to learn that. I thought that it was another chance to tell the truth... And to tell it to the person I love... Even though you might have moved on from me or even be with someone else, I had to tell it..." he said.

I was just shocked by what he just said. I couldn't believe it. I knew that he was telling me the truth, but it was just so surprising to hear. I didn't know what to say, neither how to react to this. I felt mixed up. I felt happiness because Jihun actually loved me, but I was a bit disappointed that he had to lie to me. I understood why he lied to me, but I remembered the pain the lie gave me. That's why I didn't know how to react. I looked at Jihun once again. He was closer to me. He walked slowly towards. What was he doing? Once we were separated by only few centimeters, he opened his arms and hugged me. I felt the heat he was giving me. My heart beat faster. I felt more mixed up.

"I'm sorry again... I know what I did was wrong. I hope we still can be together." he softly said. He held me a little bit tighter.

I pushed him softly to be able to look at his eyes.

"Look... I'll think about it... I'm not feeling well now..." I said, still mixed up.

"That's fine, I understand..." he replied, looking disappointed.

He removed his arms from me. He looked at me one last time and walked away. Meanwhile, I stood at the same place alone. I was thinking about the thing that just happened. I remembered how I felt when Jihun hugged me. I knew that the fact he lied to me was bad, but he did for a reason that I could understand myself. Also, I couldn't forget that I wanted to be with him for a long time... I wanted to feel the warmth he was giving me... As I realized that I made a mistake, I quickly turned around and ran. I ran the fastest as possible to catch up Jihun. A moment later, I saw him walking. The moment I caught him up, I hugged him tightly. He was surprised by my hug. He turned his head back to see who was hugging him. The moment he saw my face, he smiled. I realized that I was doing him a back hug and I quickly removed my hands because I didn't want someone to see what I was doing. Jihun turned around and looked at me.

"Look, even if you lied to me about your uality and that it hurt me, I understand why you've done that. Also, you had enough courage to tell me the truth and I admire it too. I may feel a little bit hurt that you had to lie, but I don't think that it is a good reason to not try being together. Actually, I am still in love with you and I want to be with you." I said to him.

Jihun smiled and hugged me.

"Thanks for letting me a chance despite what I've done. I promise that I won't hurt you anymore." he said.

I smiled.

Months later...

Jihun and I were still together. We grew a lot closer and liked to go on dates. We were a couple that did a lot of skinship, but we were making sure to not really show it in public. Also, one of our habits was that I would scratched his back. He told me that he liked the feeling of his back being scratched. When he would ask me to do so, I would do it gladly even if sometimes I would act annoyed because I want to rest.

At the moment, we were in a cafe, studying for exams. Suddenly, a question came to my head. Something that I should have asked before, but I completely forgot to ask. So, I called Jihun. He rose his head to look at me with a questioning look.

"What do you want Seungjunnie?" he asked.

"Well, I have a question to ask you. It's something that I should have asked you before." I replied.

"Go on." he said, showing his right hand to say that I could ask the question.

"Well, when did you start to like me?" I asked.

He giggled a little bit.

"Wow, that's true that we haven't asked each other this quesiton yet." he said.

I became really curious. "So?" I said.

"Well, you remember that time we went to see a play for Korean class?" he asked.

Oh, I remembered that day. It was right in the middle of the period where Youjin and I had this big conflict. It was even the day that he blocked me.

"Yeah I remember it. You were sitting behind me as I remember." I replied.

He nodded. "Yep! I remember that you turned around to talk to some of my friends that were talking to you. It was one of the first times I saw you that closely and I felt my heart beating at that moment. You surprised me when you've started to talk to me that day. Even if the subject was just a Math exam, I felt like I needed to be closer to you. So, that's how I became interested in you." he said

I nodded. I remembered that it was almost the same moment that I've gained interest in Jihun. It must have been a coincidence or maybe that it was really destiny, but I wasn't this type of delusional person. Anyway, it was interesting to know that he got interested in me almost at the same time as me.

"And you?" Jihun asked me.

It was my turn to tell him. I was a little bit embarrassed telling him that, but I had to do it since I asked him the question.

"Well, I started getting interested in you some days after the play we've watched. I saw you at the cafeteria once and I felt the need to be closer to you. But, the thing that made me really fall in love with you was when you asked me to draw you. When you moved closer to me, I felt my heart sank when I was drawing you. That's why I started to laugh at that moment, but, yeah, that's when I knew that I love you." I replied.

Jihun giggled. "It's cute," he said. "I have an idea! Draw me again! I'll see if you've improved and I'll make sure to make your heart beat more," he continued with a grin.

"O-okay... Let's do it." I replied, confused.

It was weird that he asked me to do that suddenly, but it would make me remember that moment. So, I guessed it was romantic in a way. I took my notebook and started to draw Jihun. He was looking straight at me with his affectionate eyes. There was a really y feel coming from his eyes. My heart beat faster. He was right when he said that he'll make sure to make my heart beat more. I felt heat coming from nowhere growing in me. I looked again at Jihun. His beautiful face was looking at me, and it seemed like he changed. His gaze became really ier. I was asking myself how could my boyfriend be cute and y at the same time. I looked again at him and I smiled. Suddenly, he stood up and leaned near to me. I didn't know what he was doing, but it made my heart beat faster. Slowly, he placed his lips on mine. I was surprised at first, but I really liked it. I closed my eyes... and we continued kissing...

END OF THE STORY :)

____________________________________________________

Author's Note:

Hope you liked this ending!!! It might be really cheezy for you, but I really needed to do an happy ending for them :). Also, the reason why Jihun lied to Seungjun might be unrealistic or complex to you, but I didn't really know how to describe it. So, the result is like that. Anyway, thanks to everyone who read this story and that support me! It was fun restarting to write a fanfic after such a long time (especially when it's for a couple that I'm shipping more and more as time flies.) For sure, I'm not that good in writing, but I did my best to present you an interesting story and to write well. So, I hope you liked the whole story. Also, I'm thinking again about writing another story for this couple (JihunxSeungjun), but still not sure. I think I might write a short one, but I'm not 100% sure. I'm still thinking about it! So, for now, goodbye! (And maybe someday I'll write something else.)