Dreams and nightmares

The girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If I were to go

If I were to get close to you

What would you think?

 

Tiffany couldn’t find her. For a moment she was there with her, and then she just disappeared. The waves became wild to the point is hard to breathe and very difficult to see. Sadly, it didn’t end there. The storm was getting worse and the thunders scared her. She heard a cry no too far.

Tiffany felt danger.

She needed to save her. Again.

-Help! – The person yelled.

She tried to follow the voice, but she could barely see anything. Her arms were getting tired, and she knew that at any time she won’t be able to swim anymore.

-Where are you?! - She yelled back at her. The desperation was growing inside of her. Trying to no swallow more water she called her again – Talk to me!

-H-help…

That was the last thing she heard from her.

Avoiding the negatives thoughts she kept swimming trying to find the girl. She wasn’t able to imagine a world where she did not exist. A world where she won’t find another person with that awkward ajhumma laugh. She won’t be able to be amazed by her beautiful voice again, like she did when they met.

 

Tiffany was jealous of her, she worked hard and for nothing, they ended up giving the character she wanted to play to another girl that didn’t even know how to act. Tiffany never saw her before in the performing arts class. What was so special about her?

-Ok guys, pay attention – The teacher called them – As you know, for this play is mostly singing. That’s why I want you to meet Taeyeon, she would play the leading role. She never acted before so please take care of her and try to give her advices about acting.

“Why would she do that? The girl never acted before! Maybe the teacher lost her mind” Tiffany thought.

-Hi, I’m Kim Taeyeon – the girl bowed – Please, take care of me.

-Taeyeon would you like to sing something for your classmates? – The teacher suggested.

She smiled confident and nodded but her hands were shaking and Tiffany could see it, she knew the feeling because she was just like that every time she performed. She crossed her arms contemplating the girl. Wanting to know the reason why her teacher chose her.

Taeyeon started to sing but her voice was trembling at first. She cleared .

She saw that some of her classmates were murmuring and others were trying not to laugh.

But Tiffany didn’t. She had this serious face. Just waiting to see what the girl will do.

Then, something unexpected happened.

Taeyeon closed her eyes and began to sing again, but this time for real. The murmuring stopped and she left everyone in shock. Everyone in the room stayed in silence and looked at her.

She smiled while singing and Tiffany watched her with admiration, the girl had this angelical voice which it’s impossible to ignore. Soothing voice but at the same time strong.

Because I’m like a fool

I can’t even say that I love you because

We’re afraid of the waits that come upon us

After we meet…

I’ll be painful and sad

 

-Cat got your tongue? – The teacher told her with a smile. Everyone applauded and the girl bowed again. The presentation finished already. – Tiffany, I know you wanted to play the leading role, but give her a chance. Practically I begged her to perform, she didn’t want to do it. And she’s only going to do this once, at least that’s what she told me. I need you to help her, you’re my best student here. I trust you.

Tiffany did a little bow, there’s no way she could let her teacher down.

-I will do it – Tiffany said.

-Thank you – The teacher told her, then turned to the other students – Class is over, guys. See you tomorrow.

Tiffany looked around trying to find Taeyeon, but she didn’t see her anywhere. She shrugged, maybe they can talk tomorrow.

 After a moment it seemed like she was the only one left. Tiffany took the opportunity to go to the restroom to apply makeup to her recent bruises. She lifted her blouse to take a look of it. Purple and yellow and it hurt like hell. It was really bad. The thought of disappearing crossed her mind and pleased her, but it was only for a moment, it’s not like she could do it anyway.

She hold a cry once she applied makeup on the wound.

Tiffany flinched when she heard a noise. Someone was throwing up. She got close to the door. Wanting to ask the person if she was okay, but a sob made her stop. Tiffany wasn’t the only one having a bad day after all. 

Accidentally Tiffany did a noise and the girl heard it, she tried to hold her sobs but failed. The girl began to unlock the door and she noticed it. Tiffany moved quickly to her previous spot collecting her things, she didn’t want to disturb the girl, thinking that maybe she wanted to be alone.

She couldn’t made a move after seeing who it was.

Taeyeon walked to the mirror looking down, not wanting to meet the stranger’s gaze. Feeling embarrassed about herself.

 She sighed.

Something that she could not understand was that she didn’t have a problem in doing skateboarding in front of a lot of people but she couldn’t sing in front of a small group of classmates.

She opened the sink and splashed her face with cold water.

-Are you okay? – Tiffany asked with concern.

Taeyeon shivered when she recognized the voice. Obviously it had to be her of all people. It was another thing that happened to her in that damn Monday.

She only nodded to the previous ask.

Tiffany handed her a piece of paper to dry her face and Taeyeon shyly accepted it.

-Thank you.

-It’s okay – Tiffany said. – I’m still impressed. You sang beautifully back there. Actually I wanted to tell you that before but you weren’t around.

-You don’t have to lie. It was awful. – She smiled like it was a joke but Tiffany saw sadness in her eyes. – I’ll be the reason why the play is going to be ruined.

Tiffany frowned. She could pretend so many things like being a teenager who has a normal l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter