Roller coaster

The girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon is staring at the ceiling of her room thinking about all the things that happened to her in such little time.  After the pool incident, Yuri visited her house. It was clearly unexpected but she truly appreciated her effort and concern. If someone had said before that one day they’ll become friends, she would have laughed, but surprisingly it did happen. Also her relationship with Hyoyeon improved and it was as if everything had gone well from the beginning, without misunderstandings between them. 

But something that Taeyeon still couldn’t fully understand it’s the fact that Tiffany didn’t think twice to save her from drowning, and don’t skip the hugging thing after that. Tiffany was about to cry in that moment, she looked really worry about her. For a second Taeyeon could see reflected in her eyes the Tiffany she once met, the opposite to the girl who hurt her really bad in the past.

Everything happened so fast. Taeyeon was talking to Yuri about Hyoyeon’s health, the two started joking around and laughing, then she saw Tiffany and she couldn’t control her emotions, getting angry really fast. In a split of seconds she jumped to the pool – until now she doesn’t know why she did it. Tiffany saved her. Tiffany hugged her. And strangely she found herself missing it.

Taeyeon wasn’t capable of saying a word to her, not even thank you. That look in her eyes made Taeyeon feel confused, making a battle in her head. The friendship ended two years ago, but it was like their paths never broke.

She knew sooner or later she will have to find her.

“Are you busy?” Taeyeon received a text interrupting her thoughts. 

“No”

“Wanna hang out?”

“Sounds tempting”

“Don’t mess with me. I’ll see you at the library. Hurry up”

“Ok, boss”

Taeyeon jumped off her bed, forgetting her worries and smiling. Other thing that happened was that her bond with Jessica was becoming special, she felt certainly attached to the girl in a way she couldn’t explain. Sometimes they would talk on the phone about random things until very late at night. She enjoyed every minute she spend with the other girl.

-Why are you smiling like that? – Her younger sister asked as she closed the door of her room.

-Hayeon don’t scare me like that!

-Sorry – she said. She followed Taeyeon to the kitchen where her mother was.

-Mom, I’m going out – Taeyeon told her.

- With whom? Where? -  Her mother asked her while reading a magazine. Taeyeon rolled her eyes, she wasn’t a kid anymore. She was about to answer when her sister interrupted her.

-With her girlfriend – Hayeon said excitedly. Taeyeon opened . She didn’t know what to say.

-Is that true? – Her mother raised her eyebrow and looked at her. Taeyeon blushed.

Her mother and her sister knew about her preference and they didn’t mind, but her father and brother didn’t know. Her brother study in another city but she felt like he will accept her no matter what, besides, their relationship between the two was always good. But she couldn’t tell her father, at least not yet.

-No, it’s not true. I’m going out with Jessica, the friend I told you about – She said embarrassed.

-You should invite her someday – Her mother said and Taeyeon nodded happily.

-I thought it was Tiffany unnie – Hayeon snorted. – You only smiled like that when she was here.

-Hayeon – Her mother looked at her sternly.

Taeyeon rushed to the front door. She frowned. People keep pushing her to Tiffany and she was tired of it. But all of her anger disappeared when she found Jessica waiting for her outside the library. The girl was reading a book under a tree like she was in another world. For a moment she felt immersed in her beauty.

Jessica sensed her presence.

-Smile – Taeyeon said, putting her fingers like it was a camera.

-What are you doing, dork?

-Taking a picture. The caption is “Reading girl”

-Wow, I’m impressed with your creativity. – Jessica rolled her eyes.

Taeyeon lies down on the grass beside her, closing her eyes.

-You’re always reading and lately this is the only place we met up – Taeyeon shrugged.

-Do you think I’m boring? – Taeyeon could feel her discomfort in her voice. Something was bothering her.

-The other day I told you that you’re an interest person. Remember?

-But…we are different. You could be with your friends having fun instead you’re here with me.

-The best part is what make us different. I am different from my friends, my family and you. And I like being with you, honestly. – Taeyeon peeked at the girl, she saw a tiny smile on her face behind her book.

Jessica didn’t answer to her but she was thinking about what she said. The feeling of being annoying to Taeyeon was fading away. Finally she was starting to feel normal.

They were in silence again. It was the way they spend their time together. Sometimes one of them would say something and then they would start an int

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter