A fake fairy tale

The girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi puppies, so this chapter is centered mostly in Tiffany's character cause i needed to explain some things to develop some characters in the future. (In this story almost everyone is important).  This character is important to me because is based on a real person, so...

It can be a little sad, but it will get better later. I PROMISE. 

A little Taeny for your hearts <3

Like i wrote in a comment -that i deleted later- "The girl" could be two things, either very sad or very funny.

SPREAD LOVE AND NOT HATE

advertisement: Strong language ahead.

#sorryforanymistakes

Tell me what you think!

____________________________________________________

 

Tiffany closed her eyes just feeling the cold breeze. Not thinking about anything just feeling. Lately she was losing interest in all of the things she liked to do, for example, acting. She takes AP classes in arts, and her teacher acclaims that she could be someone important in terms of performance. But right now life just seems meaningless.

Every time she performs on stage she would end up with a smile, being grateful to the people who stood up and applauded for her good job in acting, but then the smile disappears when she see parents hugging and congratulating their children. She glance at the empty seats reserved for her family. Seats that will never be filled.

She opens her eyes and stars playing with the rose in her hand.

-You only told me lies – she said to no one in particular.

The light of the twilight reflected in her watery eyes. She sobbed hoping someone would hear her and take her to another world, away from the pain she felt.

-I believed your stories. I feel dumb for think that maybe someday a prince would kiss me and wake me from this terrible nightmare, and everything is just so awful in this world. And you aren’t here, and nobody can give me an advice like you would do. You left me, just like him. I really hate him. He didn’t think about us, only him. - She buried her face in her hands trying to not cry.

Why did I do to deserve this?

Tiffany remembered a little girl with a white rose walking in hand with her father to her mother’s grave. Three kids that lost her mother. A battle against cancer, a battle that she couldn’t win.

She remembered the day that the girl looked at his father for the last time before he abandoned her and her siblings.

 -You’ll be fine, your uncle will take care of you – He said with tears in his eyes, kissing his children on the forehead.

Lies

She remembered when the father of the little girl used to tell her how his older brother was, “the best brother” he described him, the little girl believed him. He told her that her uncle was an honorable man that leave his house at a young age to be a military, the hero of the family. The girl couldn’t wait to meet his uncle, the man that her father prized.

“Disappointment” was the world she used to describe him. The only thing he could do well was hit her and her siblings, that and drink alcohol. He was good for nothing.

Tiffany could still see the little girl crying at the window waiting for his father to come back and save them from hell. But it wouldn’t never happen. Later she learned that waiting was a waste, that dreaming isn’t living and acting wasn’t reality but it was the only escape she managed to find.

Resentment is a powerful feeling, it stars to blind you until you cannot find a way to move on, you only seek for revenge and you can’t let it go until you get it, you think every day about all the bad stuff that happened to you, and that makes you change your mind while your heart bleed. The little girl inside of her still screamed for help. Tiffany couldn’t hear her.

Tiffany place the rose that was holding and abandon the cemetery.  She walks to the bus stop. Even when she knows she should be getting ready to go to school, she really doesn’t care.

 At the bus stop she lays her eyes on her wrist, a tiny smile appears on her face when she notices the bracelet that Seohyun gave her one day. Although she thinks of her life as achromatic, she still appreciate the people in her life who try to cheer her up even if they aren’t aware of how she lives. Her siblings and her friends are the people who make her see life a little more colorful.

Later she got in front of the prison to visit someone who had not seen in a long time. It was early so there weren’t many people in the place. She was distracted by her thoughts, until the sound of the electric door being opened caught her attention. A young man with orange uniform appeared. He smiled at the unexpected visit of the girl. For a moment Tiffany stopped to examine him, now he had a beard and his hair is longer than the last time she had visited him.

-it must be Christmas because Santa just brought me a present. A pretty one I must say – The young man said. Tiffany saw the no touching inmate’s sight, the boy just seeing at her reaction ran to hug her quickly.

-Hwang, sit! – The police said in a warning tone. The boy raised his arms in defeat.

-Sorry, princess – He apologized. Tiffany nodded understanding, it wasn’t the first time her brother tried to hug her when she was there. – I’m really happy to see you, I’ll tell the guys later that you came, every time you visit I can’t stop talking about the best actress on the whole world. You know who am I talking about, right?

- I don’t know. Meryl Streep? – Tiffany joked.

This was one of the many things that she loved about her brother, always making her smile, making her forget for a moment about the stuff going through her head.

-Close but not. Her name’s Tiffany Hwang.

-I haven’t heard about her.

-She hasn’t do it a movie yet, but I know she will be at the Oscars one day. – He said exited.

-You’re going too far – She smiled. Somehow she intended to think positive a dreamily like her brother does, but for her it is a difficult task.

-No, I’m not.

-What are you talking about? – She saw how her brother changed his expression.

-The other day I talked with Michelle, we know that in less than two years you’ll be in college and we want to make your dreams come true – Tiffany listened to her brother cautiously, - We kind of found a relative in the States, and we are trying to contact her…

-And you want me to go to live there? – Tiffany closed her eyes.

In that moment she felt like a burden to her siblings, they are always doing sacrifices for her, like her sister, she quitted college to find a job and give her what she needed, Tiffany never asked them anything, because deep down she felt guilty. If she wasn’t for her perhaps her sister would had been freed from the hands of her nasty uncle already.

-Don’t do it. – Her brother said with determination in his voice – Don’t think that about yourself in that way.

This was other thing about his brother. He could read her like a book. She couldn’t pretend in front of him, he would know at the instant if she’s lying or keeping something for herself. It was something she felt grateful for but at the same time made her feel vulnerable.

- Leo I won’t leave you, and neither Michelle. I will leave with you or I won't do it otherwise. – She said trembling.

-Tiff – He cleared his throat, he glanced at the police getting distracted and took the opportunity to take his sister’s hand – Every day that I’m in here I worry crazy about you, I know he still hit you until these days, I knew the moment I hugged you, because you flinched in pain and you didn’t even noticed it. And you know why?

Tiffany shook her head. The next words her brother said came up with pain in his voice.

-Because you have grown accustomed to feel pain – Leo looked down at the floor, tears streaming down his face. – Try to be in my shoes Tiff

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter