butterfly

The girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon and Jessica seem to get close by the day, always talking together in classes or when she wasn’t with Minho or Heechul. The girl really liked her company, Jessica was someone who didn’t expect to appear in her life so suddenly. Now they were in the library doing their homework, but the last minutes Taeyeon seems to be lost just watching the girl beside her. She was absent just looking at the way the girl talked with passion about something she loved, or the way she wrote in her notebook or the way she moves while explaining things to her.

-You have a weird habit, my friend – Jessica interrupted Taeyeon’s daydream.

-What would that be? – Taeyeon asked but she blushed a little for being caught.

-It seems that you like to look at people. A lot – Jessica remarked.

-Not everyone is interesting to me – Taeyeon just realized what she said when she finished to talk. She wished the earth swallow her up.

 -I look interest to you then? – Jessica asked with a cocky smile.

-Maybe or maybe not – Taeyeon shrugged but deep down she was trying to not look like a tomato in front of the other girl.  

Taeyeon wanted to ask Jessica something but she didn’t know how to do the question without seeming harsh.

-You want to ask me something. Shoot – Jessica said of nowhere.

-Who did you know? – Taeyeon asked impressed.

-You kept moving your fingers in circles and the look in your face just gave me a hint

-You’re good at reading people.

-Thanks. So…what do you wanted to ask me?

-Do you have friends? – Taeyeon asked worried about how the girl would take it.

-Aren’t you my friend?

-Yes – Taeyeon said a little proud – But I mean…besides me.

Jessica stopped writing, she looked at Taeyeon in a way the other girl couldn’t explain.

-I don’t find the need to have friends. Weird isn’t it? Sometimes is just so hard to find people that you can trust.

-Do you trust me?

-That’s the thing I find intriguing. I do trust you and we just met. Now I have a question.

-Shoot – Taeyeon imitated her.

-What did you think of me when we first met? – Jessica was curious.

-Well when I met you, you were sleeping so I thought that you liked to sleep? – Taeyeon laughed and Jessica playfully hit her. – I’m kidding, I’m kidding!

-Dork – Jessica said laughing a little.

-Honestly? – Taeyeon asked and Jessica nodded in response – You remind me of a butterfly.

Jessica looked at her confused.

- You’ll see, sometimes you can’t touch a butterfly because when you get near, it flies away from you, but there are sometimes when the butterfly unexpectedly is in your hand.

-You forgot something – Jessica said mischievously.

-What? – Taeyeon raised an eyebrow.

-Butterflies are pretty.

-Sometimes – Taeyeon joked. Jessica hit her again.

-You’re mean, Kim Taeyeon.

-And Jessica? – The other girl turned to look at her – I do trust you too. And I want you to meet my friends, they will love you.

Jessica smiled a little in response.

-That would be great but not too soon, I have this kind of trust issues and I don’t want to be a bother.

-You aren’t and don’t worry, I’ll wait, there’s no hurry – Taeyeon gave her a smile understanding.

The bell rang so they began to get their stuff.

-Thank you – Jessica told her before crossing the exit door.

-See you – She waved goodbye.

Taeyeon was jumping inside. She walked to the cafeteria to meet her friends, with a big smile on her face.

-Taeng! – Minho called her when she entered. She walked to them.

-What’s with that smile, darling? – Heechul asked inquisitive.

-I don’t know what are you talking about – she said biting her sandwich.

-Oh, come on! We are your friends – Heechul pleaded

-it has something to do with the detention girl you met? - Minho asked. As always the most perceptive of them.

Taeyeon blushed and they knew that it was true.

-Ohh. I think we need to add the girl to the list. -  Heechul said exited – Who is she?

-No need – Taeyeon told them.

-Why? – Minho asked.

-Well…the girl is Jessica Jung.

They opened their mouths astonished.

-I knew you would melt the heart of the ice princess – Heechul teased.

-Shut up – Taeyeon said annoyed.

-It would be great if we meet her, right? – Minho looked at Heechul and he agreed.

-I told her that, but I think is better if we wait a little more – Taeyeon suggested, not telling them the real reason.

-If you think it’s right, then it’s fine for me – Minho said.

-Thanks. Oh, and are we skating today? – She asked.

-I can’t - the boys said in unison

-Why?

-Football practice – Minho said.

-I have a date – Heechul said with a smile.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter