Does your heart know?

That bright summer day

He, Chanyeol and Baekhyun decided to eat outside, freeing their feet from the shoes and feeling the ticklish sensation of walking on grass.
Chan couldn't keep his mouth from smiling at his boyfriend while he was attempting to make him eat something from his packed lunch. Kyungsoo's eyes were fixed onto the sky: the clouds were quite nice that day. One remembered him of a penguin. 

Funny, he thought, until something got between his face and the blue sky: a timid face.

"Hi, sorry to disturb you. All my friends already got home because the teacher is not here, but I have evening dance lessons. Can i possibly eat with you?"

And so that day Kim Jongin got to know Chanyeol and Baekhyun and how hilarious were those two together when they had to eat.

"Come eat with us again tomorrow if you want." Said Chanyeol at the end if lunch break.

Jongin looked at the trio in disbelief.

"Can I? Really?"

"Sure." Responded Kyungsoo, who hadn't talked much during the break out of heat exhaustion. "We don't mind company. May it be loud, uncomfortable or to much affectionate." Said the boy, eyeing Chanyeol and Baekhyun with a half smile.

Jongin laughed, thanked them and run to his lesson, his hair waving in the air like they were floating.

"He is nice, isn't he?" Asked Baekhyun with a sly smile, but Kyungsoo didn't take the bait.

"He is. Nicer than you two." They all laughed and hurried ti their classrooms.
 

"Kyungsoo? You mean the dazed looking boy in the other section?" Sehun asked.

"Yes yes, but keep it down." Shushed him Jongin. "Do you know anything about him?"

Sehun fell deep in thought then took out his phone. 

"The only thing I know is that he is a really good student and that he always seems lost in a daydream, but I know someone who may get us more information." He said, rapidly digiting on the screen. "May I ask why you are interested?"

"Well... I had lunch with him and his friends, but while they were very talkative and nice, he was silent the entire time so I got curious." Explained the boy with a shy smile.

Sehun rolled his eyes. It would have been nice to finally catch his friend crushing on somebody but he seemed immune to the romantic feeling towards all es. 

"Luhan here tells me that he has very high grades and he is double majoring: literature and music. Must be hard. And also that he has really few friends, probably you met the only ones, because he rarely talks. Never been in a relationship as long as he knows."

Jongin bit the inside of his lower lip, assimilating the new information.

"One day I want to meet your mysterious Luhan. He is scarily all knowing."

Sehun smiled brightly.

"I know."

 

 

That penguin shaped cloud followed him all day through his last lesson and the bus ride to home. 
As soon as he closed the door behind him, he started humming loudly, walking into the kitchen and turning the old radio on, pouring the rusty music in everyroom.he instantly felt better.

"Penguin, penguin on the moon."

He started humming a melody he created as a kid, when he was still living with his mother. 

"Getting into a good college is the first step to a beautiful future, son." Had said then his father. "Living alone fir a while will shape you into a man."

But all it did was creating a fear in him fir silence  an emptiness in his heart. He had to get a cat.
Sheepishly he leaned onto his couch and the TV.
Empty mind meant no problems to fall asleep.

 


Kim Jongin was a fighter when it came to dancing: practice hard and express every feeling to get the maximum out of every move. Dancing into his room was nothing new to his roommate whose only occupation seemed sleeping all day.

"You seem lighter on your feet today." Said Yixing from his bed, not even bothering to open his eyes. "You are improving."

"Thank you." Smiled Jongin. "Are you going out tonight also?" 

The roommate smiled gently and opened his eyes. "Yes, I got asked out by a girl at work."

"But you are going to reject her at the end of the night, as always. Why do you do that? I cannot think of a single reason for you to break them that way."

"I don't break them." Said Yixing changing his pajama shirt into a blue one with less crinkles. "They know exactly what they are going to get and who am I to say no to them. We have fun for a night a then we return to our usual routine. Simple."

Jongin followed his roommate with his gaze as he collected all his belonging from the floor.

"But wouldn't it be nice to fall in love at least once?" He asked.

Yixing froze for a moment, letting the chant of the cicadas to fill the room and calm his heart.

"It would. But it has been a long time since my heart has fluttered. I am not even sure it knows how it is supposed to be done."

"I am certain it knows." Replied Jongin firmly.

Yixing thanked him silently then got out of the apartment.

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

So here is the second chapter (pant pant). I'm trying a new writing technique called: "Don't screw up your characters personality in only two chapters." Let us see how it will go. Anyway I hope you are enjoying the story ^__^