Let's meet

That bright summer day

Let’s meet. Let’s meet. Let’s meet.

Over and over, those simple words were twirling in his mind like a mantra: Luhan wanted to meet him, for real this time. He hadn’t said when or where, that was his last text in Sehun’s phone, despite his many attempts to contact him afterward.

Laid on his bed, he was reading for the millionth time their latest conversations, searching for hints, clues, confirmations. Had he ever said something about him that could possibly reveal his identity? No, Sehun knew he wouldn’t find anything: Luhan was very strict on his rules. No talking about him or his past.

But Sehun was craving for information: what was he like? Where did he live? Etc.

He loved him, so much sometimes it was unbearable not to think about him all the time, especially when he was in class, when he needed something to distract him from the world the most. Are you here? Do you even exist? Sometimes Luhan transformed in a ghost, just a residue of feelings lingering in his heart, no more body, no more substance.

Let’s meet.

It was a promise, a declaration, a confession. I’m ready if you are ready. Was he though?

The thought of actually getting to see him in the flesh still terrified him, but Jongin’s words came to his mind and gave him strength. He sent a thankful prayer to his friend: he was glad to have him in his life, even if he didn’t say it out loud.

Let’s meet.

Ok, Luhan, let’s meet. Tell me where and when and I’ll fly to you.

 

 

Kyungsoo woke up at the sound of his alarm clock ringing like hell had been cut loose. His new stereo was playing some Travis McCoy’s song he swore he knew the title of, but he couldn’t remember. Still in his pajama, he opened the door to his garden and stepped outside, barefooted: a puffy cloud was temporarily hiding the sun, making shadows descend on the ground like a waterfall. When the cloud was finally removed by the wind, the young man had to shield his eyes with his hand. Yeah, his hand. It was still bandaged from the night before and he could feel it aching at his every movement, but nothing unbearable.

Soft rays of light slipped through his fingers, casting delicate gold shapes under his eyes. An external observer could have said he was gleaming with his own brightness.

Jongin texted him he was going to come by car, so did Chanyeol, so he found himself alone on the buss, surrounded by strangers, listening to some old jazz music from his headphones. It seemed like life had slowed down that day: every human, no, every living creature moved slower in Kyungsoo’s eyes: birds were merely arching their wings a second at a time, people were barely walking, he was barely breathing.

Jongin was waiting for him at the entrance, together with Chanyeol and Baekhyun. The giant had a not so discrete bandage on his temple, but given his history of constant injuries, no one paid attention. Plus, he was smiling bright.

“Hello my dear friend, have you slept well?”

Kyungsoo looked at his friend, puzzled: why was he so happy? He was smiling so hard it was creepy.

“Can somebody tell me what is wrong with him?” he asked to the other two.

“Somebody saw us the other night, someone who knew who those guys were, and they got expelled. Jongin apparently knows more than anybody here in campus” replied Baekhyun with a vicious smile.

The young man in question was also smiling, but to him, a little worried.

“How is your hand?” he asked, while they started walking towards their respective classroom.

“Fine, I guess. It’s just a little bruised, nothing major”

That was a weird day, Kyungsoo decided: students were only shapes, tree were only watery stains, the sky was a blue desert were white flowers were blooming. Then, everything regained clarity when he felt Jongin’s hand searching for his injured one.

“I hope it doesn’t hurt” said the dancer, not looking at him, his eyes hidden by his long lashes.

“It doesn’t. it’s pretty numb right now” he replied, hoping he wouldn’t notice how red his ears were becoming.

“So… I was wondering, about that meal you promised last night… you have a place in mind?”

Kyungsoo’s heart did a somersault.

“No, I don’t. If you know a place even half as stunning as the one from yesterday, then I’m in”

“Oh, trust me. The one I’m thinking about is even better. It kind of makes me think about you. They always have good piped music”

The singer felt his hand been squeezed a little tighter, tenderly. Could he let himself be wrapped in such kindness? Not without a price, he was certain, but that day had something special. Maybe he could: let his dream merge with reality, the sky collide with the ground, Jongin be his for even just a second.

“I’ll see you at seven then. This lunch break I’m busy with private singing lesson”

“Sure”

 

 

“Jongin, tell me I’m dumb”

The dancer, not even fazed by Sehun’s sudden question, sat at his desk and began searching for his textbooks.

“You are extremely dumb. Care to tell me what the reason is in particular, other than being super grumpy?”

“Well thanks for that” replied Sehun, a grim look in his eyes, but also eased by the friend’s presence. “He wants to meet me, this time for real, no more games. But since that message, he hasn’t written anything. I spent all night waiting for a text, so much that I now fell my eyes burning if in natural sunlight”

Jongin was taken aback: could it be possible, the two of them actually meeting? Over time he had almost forgotten Luhan was a real guy in their college and not just the mysterious crush of his friend.

“Don’ worry Sehunnie. I’m sure that was a tough decision for him also and he wants it to be perfect. He wouldn’t have said it just as a joke”

Sehun was not convinced, he knew, but there was nothing else he could do if not wait with his friend the coveted text. His phone had become a haunted presence in his jean’s pocket, heavier than lead, occupying his thoughts entirely, as if an alien presence had bloom in his brain, making Luhan the only possible thing to think about.

All those hours spent talking about Life, nature, music… Luhan loved music, knowing all the words of Sehun’s favorite songs and recommending some beautiful new ones. He remembered staying up late one night, listening to Mogway’s “Take me somewhere nice” in repeat, like there was nothing else he could do anymore if not absorbing all those striking chords, so nostalgic his heart was crying silently.

He couldn’t picture a life without Luhan’s constant presence, reassuring in every hour of his day, doing the same for him. Could Luhan live without him? That question annihilated all the others creating a valley of nothingness in front of his eyes.

However, even if meeting him terrified him, he was still going. He had, or else his heart threatened to rip himself in two, leaving him to die of internal bleeding.

Finally, he took out his phone and wrote with his shaking hands.

-External garden at 17.00, under the willow. Please be there-

 

 

Yixing’s head was still one the clouds, more than ever. He had woken up way past his working hour, with an empty mind and a post it glued to his forehead.

-Sleep all you want: I’ve called at the theatre to say that you are sick. Breakfast is in the kitchen. For today just relax-

The phrase was written in an elegant handwriting, all ruffles and loops on Ls an Ps, accompanied by a cheesy drawing of a cartoonish sheep sleeping in a tiny bed. Yixing had to took a second for himself to just read again and again the post it. It was so sweet he could not smile, all dimples and sugar.

For the first time in forever, his heart was silent, content in his chest like a den, lulling himself at the sound of his life going finally in the right direction. Heartbroken no more, it was a pleasantly new sensation.

He had slept in the steady arms of Junmyeon, taking his abdomen as a pillow. It had been such a long time since he had spent a night just sleeping, not having to drown his thoughts into someone’s lips. He had dreamt about nothing, no nightmares, no aches, a perfect emptiness.

He looked at the post it one last time and started giggling, then laughing, harder and harder, until it was impossible to breath. He was in love, after a hundred and one nights spent with some girls, with a male actor from his troupe. He was going insane, for sure, but he couldn’t get any happier than that.

He wobbled in the kitchen, still in his pajamas, still heavy with residue sleep, only to find another post it, green this time, upon a trail with fried eggs, kimchi noodles and white rice.

-Since I know you are going to wake up late, I prepared a brunch actually. You can tell I like post its ;) Eat up and make yourself at home-

This time, the sheep was peacefully eating a turnip.

Oh God.

He returned to the bedroom and begin searching for his phone that had rolled on the floor when he had fallen asleep. When he finally had it in his hand, he began typing.

“Kim Jongin. I think I’m in love”

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Yay for a fluffy Yixing that is currently killing by bias list, but who has one anymore? I promise lots of delicate kisses next chapter, if I manage^__^