Nights

One Of These Nights
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

INT – SM Building, Chungha’s Office – 10:00AM

 

Taking care of F(x)’s concert wardrobe, Chungha had been sewing alterations since 6:00 AM. As she was working on Krystal’s dress, the sound of the door opening caught her attention.

Disappointed, it was only Jaehyun who came from practice a floor above her. Practically just going to annoy the out of her, she thought.

“Morning.”, the boy smiled widely. “You know, you should work on not making it too obvious that you are disappointed that it's me.”

“What do you want, Jaehyun?”, she sighed.

The boy went to her table, flipping magazines out of habit. “Want to have lunch later?”

“I have to work on these. The fitting is going to be next month.”

“So that’s a no, then?”

“Yes, Jaehyun. That’s a no.”, she rolled her eyes, as she runs her hand through her hair. Which revealed a bit of the back of her neck, making Jaehyun gulp.

The boy unknowingly steps closer behind her, gazing at the back of her neck. He then pushed all the hair covering it to one side of her shoulder, surprising her.

“Jaehyun? What are you doing?”, as she was still concentrating on sewing a patch on Krystal’s dress.

His fingertips grazed the nape of her neck, as he gulps even more. He then planted a slow and gentle kiss on her nape. Leaving her shocked and breathless, as he was surprised with himself. She turned to him.

He cleared his throat, not having the guts to look back at her. “I think… Ten is calling me.”, before running out of the door.

She then touched the spot where Jaehyun kissed her, “What the hell is wrong with that guy?”

 

 

 

INT – MBC Music Building, Rooftop – 04:00 PM

 

Taeyong and Seulgi had been sending a series of photos that tells about their everyday lives to each other thru Kakao. It’s been like this since Taeyong had been sent along with the NCT boys to different countries for music shows, and mainly the SMTown global concert tour.

Staring at the photo of Jaehyun’s back, walking at night. Seulgi smiled at the fact how this became their thing. They rarely send messages to each other. He also can’t call her, for obvious reasons. They only have photos. Photos that show where they are, what they are doing, and how much they long for each other.

“Isn’t that Jaehyun?”, asked Mingyu who was for a while, had been secretly peeking at her phone.

“You shouldn’t do that!”, she screamed, hitting his arm. “I almost had a heart attack.”

He smiled at her, handing out a coffee, along with a can of Pringles – which she excitedly opened.

“Where are they now?”, he asked.

“Somewhere in Paris? I think… or somewhere in Europe. Based on the photo he sent.”

“For a girlfriend, you don’t really know much of your man’s whereabouts.”

“I prefer it that way. For I don’t really care for his whereabouts. As long as his heart is with me.”

“Good god. What have love done to you?”

The two friends laughed. Both drank their coffee in unison. Looking out at the magnificent looking Seoul cityscape. 

"What now?", he asked. "Are you really going to leave the show?" 

She sighed, at his question. "I guess. I mean, it's about time I make something again."

"What about the crew?" 

"They'll all be fine. They've got everything under control. As long as we have Sungcheol." 

Both chuckled at the thought of their never failing Floor Director, who kept each and every one in order. 

"What about me?" 

"Well... You could stay. Or, you could jump on another train, with me of course!" 

He locked her tiny head in a chummy headlock, "You know I can't resist you, right?"

 

 

INT - MBC Music Building, Cafeteria – 11:30AM

 

"So... you're really following her, huh?!", asked Seungcheol before taking a huge bite of his meal.

Mingyu had been zoning out, and tapping his steel chopsticks on the table. He then nods, and said, "Yeahp, I guess. She needs me." 

"Should I follow you two, then?"

"Nah, we've got ourselves covered." 

Sungcheol gave Mingyu a hard look. Causing the boy to mumble "Sorry."

"How is she and that idol boy?"

"Going well." 

"Jealous?"

"Me? Why would I be?"

"Because everyone in the crew is basically with someone, apart from you."

Mingyu looked at Seungcheol with a very unamused expression. Almost ticked,  "What about you then?!"

"Hate to break it to you, kid. I'm a taken man. Should I introduce you to anyone you could be interested in?"

“Nah. I’m good.”

 

 

INT – Lotte Cinema City, Gangnam – 02:00AM

 

"Don't you think this is too much, Kang Seulgi?", complained the tired and sleepy Mingyu who was dragged by Seulgi to the cinema. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter