Flight

One Of These Nights
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

INT - GS 25 Convenience Store, Gangnam-gu  - 10:00PM

 

With her usual convenience store dinner, Seulgi found herself pondering about certain things. 

Sehun, which clearly still bugs her. It was kind of a relief to break free from such a draining part of her life. Yet it, or he finds ways to circle back to her. Which makes moving on a bit of stretch. 

PD Na's offer, which she's most definitely interested about. But leaving the show for any amount of time would require planning and adjustment. Not to mention, Mingyu's endless complaints that might drive her mad. 

And lastly, Taeyong. As much as she wants to dig deeper what his deal is, she's happy with what they are. He was her source of comfort. The person who sees her in her not so great moments. A familiar comfort she's not ready to walk away from yet. 

"Hey.", Taeyong pokes her cheek cutting her out of her supposed trance. "Everything alright."

She smiled and nods. Only to be surprised with a hard flick on her forehead. 

"What was that for?!", she cried. 

"I don't think you're telling the truth. Might as well flick you when I could.", shrugging his shoulders, as he opens a can of coke to drink. 

"I'm fine.", she assures him. 

"No you're not.", he's still not buying it.

"I'm fine. I swear." 

He stares her down, "No you don't."

She hits his arm, out of frustration. "What do you want me to do?!" 

He quickly grabs her squishy cheeks, pinching them. "You don't really need to tell me.", he reminds her. "But if you're feeling down, don't lie about it in front of me. Because I don't like it when you try too hard to look okay.", as he released his hold and looks at the outside of the convenience store window. "I'm here for you, always remember that."

And all she could do was rest her forehead on the side of his shoulder. They stayed like that for a while, with Seulgi getting a bit teary eyed for a reason she doesn't exactly know what. 

But one thing is for sure, she's glad to have Taeyong by her side. 

 

 

INT - MBC Music Office, Meeting Room 12 - 10:30PM

 

With the Playlist crew finalizing their episode concepts for the coming month - with Taeyong gone, NCT members will go on rotation to fill his place for the mean time.

Which also paved the way for Seulgi to announce her nearing break from the show to make way for her duties on PD Na's new show. And as she expected, Mingyu isn't having any of it. 

"Un-freakin'-believable.", Mingyu muttered. 

Sungcheol immediately hits his arm, reminding him of how to behave. 

"We have the show, Seulgi."

"And this is why we planned everything, for the shows when I'm gone, Mingyu."

He looked down and sketched scribbles on his moleskine to blow of some steam. 

"Look, it's going to be just a couple of weeks. It's not like I'm leaving the show."

The others decided that the two needs there private moment to work things out, slowly they walk their way to the door leaving the two alone. 

Still scribbling on his notebook with a pouty look on his face, Mingyu mumbled. "I need you here."

Seulgi sat beside him, putting him in a chummy headlock, and whispered. "You'll do just great."

They rest their heads together in complete silence, staring out the window. 

"I won't take long. I promise.", she said. 

He forms a thin line with his lips, and showed her his doodle which says "I'LL MISS YOU.", filling up the whole page. 

She smiles, and hugged him tight. "I'll miss you too, buddy."

Opening the door, Se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter