Distance

One Of These Nights
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

EXT – Nusa Dua shore, Bali, Indonesia – 05:30PM

 

They sat by the shore in silence after the hug that ensued.

“Can’t we be more than what we are before we go back?”

It made her think, deeply than she wanted to. Making him chuckle as he playfully threw bits of sand to stop her from spacing out.

“I know you’re worried. And I very well know that you are confused.”, he puts his hand on the top of her head and ran his hand through her hair in a very loving manner. “So… I’m giving you our remaining days in this paradise. Not thinking about anything… but us.”

They stayed silent. Making him a bit worried, that she’s being quiet the whole time. “Hey… did you hear what I said?”

Not knowing what to say, she leaned forward and gently plants kiss on his cheek. “Is that what you want me to say?”

He quickly covers his mouth from shock, turning redder than he anticipated he’d be.

“Taeyong…”

“Hmmmm?”

“Are you blushing?”

“Hmmm?”

“Are. You. Blushing?”

He shakes his head, trying to get away from her who was leaning closer to him. As they played like that for a while, Seulgi ended up lying on the sand with Taeyong on top of her.  

Closer, and closer, gulping as he was an inch away from her face. They stare silently into each other’s eyes.

With all his willpower to control his actions left, he plants a tender kiss on her forehead. Before lying next to her.

“What the hell was that?”, she scoffs.

“What?”

She points at her forehead, and said “That.”

“I don’t know.”,

They laugh together at how ridiculous they were being. Looking at the orange sky, thankful for the time that they have left before everything goes complicated once again.


 

 

INT – Kayumanis, Nusa Dua Private Villa & Spa – 07:00PM

 

They slowly walked to the villa where the drinking party was being held, sweetly holding onto each other’s fingers. And quickly letting go as soon as they spotted someone from the crew.

They sat next to each other by PD Na’s table. Where everyone was laughing at a clip where Joohyuk slipped from cliff.

“Where have you two been?”

“We went to check out the beach.”, Seulgi said before drinking her beer.

As soon as she puts down her hand to her thigh, Taeyong swiftly held it. Making both bit their lips, controlling their grins.

Joshua chides in the conversation and informs the group “Have you heard? EXO is here. Private vacation sort of thing. Joohyuk called Baekhyun to come along and drink with us.”

PD Na looked delighted with the idea, “That could be great, we could also add this in. Do you have your cameras?”

Taeyong sensed Seulgi’s nerves after Joshua’s news. He felt concerned, and tightened his grip on her hand. Making her look at him, to re-assure him she’s fine.

Moments later, Baekhyun arrived along with Sehun. He quickly spots Seulgi in the crowd and shouted “KKANGSEEEEUL!” as he runs to hug her.

Sehun casually scratched his nose as he entered, tagging along the embarrassing elder one.

 Taeyong stood up to bow to his seniors, abit taken aback of their sudden intrusion.

“I”ve missed you KKANGGSEUL!”, Baekhyun whined, as he rests his head on her shoulders. “We should make sure that we’ll have a photo together later okay?”

And all she could do was nod back in agreement, trying to look away from Sehun’s way who sat in front of her and Taeyong.

“You two are together here as well?”, Sehun asked, as he grabs a bottle of beer and poured it in a glass.

Taeyong nods, occasionally glancing at Seulgi who is talking to Baekhyun.

“I do hope she’s well taken care of.”, Sehun’s tone was prank.

“She doesn’t really need much care.”

“She can be clumsy sometimes.”

“I know.”, the two boys looked at each other intensely, before Taeyong decided to retreat for it is not worth it. “I’ll head back to my room. I’m a bit tired from today.”

Standing up, he taps Seulgi’s shoulders before heading out from the room. Seulgi catching a glimpse of Sehun drinking seemingly pissed.

 

--

 

“I’m trying my hardest not to be a bad person right now, Seulgi.”

Thanks to Baekhyun’s entertaining tactic, no one from the crew noticed Sehun and Seulgi moved outside by the garden to finally have a talk.

“We’ve both had it hard.”, she mumbled, sipping from her beer.

“Vivi misses you.”

She smiled at the thought of the adorable pup, “I miss him too.”

“I’m gonna ask this again, do you like him?”

“I think I do. But we both know I’m wise enough to not repeat what we have had right?”

“What are your plans?”

“I don’t know. But… right now. He makes me happy. Not the empty kind of happy that I’ve always felt. It’s a warm kind of happy, and I want to give back as much as I can before things to turn to .”

He tucks her hair behind her ear, and smiled. “As long as you’re happy.”

“Thank you.”

“I guess I’ll head back.” With a heavy heart, he stood, and slowly walked away from her. In dire need of sleep, in order to stop this curious internal pain he was experiencing.

 

--

 

Moments later, Seulgi decided to head to her room to finally rest. She then spotted Taeyong sitting by his room door in silence. She approached him quietly, just right for him not to notice.

She crouched down, and poke his cheek, catching his attention.

“Hey you…”, she said.

“Hey.”

For a few moments they sat right next to each other in silence, deprived of the will to move.

Taeyong laced his fingers with hers, in a very cautious manner. Hating how the wave of insecurity and unknown wash over him.

“Why are you spaced out?”, she asked.

“I have a lot of things in my mind, that’s all.”

“Like what?”

He closed the distance between them, and stared intensely on her lips which made her internally quiver. Gently, he traced her cheek, and her lips with one finger trailing it down her chin and neck. Making her shut her eyes out of nervousness. He then plants a chaste kiss on her lips, where he struggled to get away from.

“That.”, he said.

“You were thinking how to kiss me again?”, she scoffed.

He looked down and mumbled. “No. I was thinking how I’m going to miss it so much once we get back.”

She realized his point. For everything will be back to normal – more like, everything will be a lot harder once they get back.

She planted a quick kiss on his cheek, before she rested her head on his shoulder. With a half smile, he brushed aside a strand of hair blowing against her cheek. And they stayed like that for a while. Playing with each other’s hands and looking out the starry night sky in the paradise called Bali.

 

--

 

“Taeyong… Taeyong!”

 

Seulgi was knocking on his door, trying to wake him up. Slowly, he opened the door with his hair still disheveled and his eyes closed, wearing a wifebeater and joggers.

 

“Well… hurry up, it’s time for breakfast.”

 

Still sleepy, he nods and quickly ran to get his hoodie to make him look more decent, and rant to her who was already ahead of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter