Brave

One Of These Nights
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

INT - Marriott Hotel, New York - 07:00AM

 

The morning after, Seulgi found herself in a dilemma. Last night's festivities were beyond her control. 

She was looking at herself in the mirror, brushing her hair for the hundredth time. How on earth did that happen?, she thought.

She thought to quickly grab breakfast before the boys wake up and eat with her. She needs a time to be alone. And the last thing she wants is to have Taeyong by her side watching her every move while she inhales the hotel's fluffy pancakes with gusto. 

Carefully, she opens her door. Only to be surprised by Taeyong standing by the corner. 

She was frozen. She watched him walk towards her. 

He sighed, scratching his head. He looked particularly attractive this morning - and undeniable fact on her part. 

"You can erase last night from your memory if you want,", he softly spoke.  "and I'll remember it how I want it to be remembered."

He grabs her arm once again to drag her to his room. Where Joshua and Seokmin was already eating their breakfast. 

"Taeyong figured to just order in, rather than fight a battle with everyone at the buffet.", Seokmin informs her. 

Taeyong pulls a seat for her to occupy, as well as gave her a towel and utensils. He then served her a stack of fluffy pancakes that she loved. Also putting the sauces she wanted by the side. 

And all she could do was watch him take care of her without her saying a word. And all he could do was smile. 

Breakfast was surprisingly bearable than what she had in mind. Which made her ponder a lot more on what in store for Taeyong and her in this trip. 

 

--

 

Moments later, Taeyong receives a call from PD Na informing him to fly to Bali within 3 hours.

He was thankful for being organized, that packing up his things was such an easy thing to do. 

Joshua called for an uber for them to reach the airport, and they arrived an hour ahead of their flight.

 

--

 

INT - Flight SVT1331 to Bali - 12:00PM

 

Taeyong and Seulgi ended up as being seatmates once again, they sat in the middle row along with Seokmin and Joshua. 

Seulgi looked seemingly anxious of their arrangement. Not wanting for her to feel such a burden, Taeyong puts noise cancelling headphones on for her, which surprised her. He connected it on his phone which played a 4Men playlist. One of the artists she enjoys listening to.

Her cheeks were burning and she could physically feel it. She watched Taeyong go about, grabbing a notebook, and writing.

She hates herself for making things seem so uncomfortable for them both.  

Everything from the night before kept Taeyong thinking, about well... everything. With 22 hours of them side by side in a plane to Bali, things might not be easy. 

He expected it for her to act this way, for who wouldn't be. She's too precious for him to lose over an awkward encounter, and he decided to act on it. For her to not feel such a burden. 

 

--

 

Handing him his phone, she said "Thank you." 

Seokmin and Joshua, along with everyone in the plane were fast asleep. 

"Are you good?", he asked. 

She nods at him with a smile on her face, before she stretches her arms out. 

"Times like these, I miss the convenience store ramen." 

"And convenience store aunt.", the said in unison making both laugh. 

"Look...", she sighed, biting her lips in the process. "What happened between us that night was just surreal. And you're a friend. And dealing with that can be kind of confusing, so..." 

She breaths in and out once again. Trying to organize her thoughts.

"I'll try to act and be how we were before. And I apologize for being such an unsettled mess right now. But...", she raises her hand initiating a high five. "Friends?" 

He guessed that everything were all too sudden for both of them to process. And as much as he wants to not take that let's-just-be-friends-and-bury-the-amazing-kiss-we-just-had-shared route, this could be their only option for now. 

Returning the favor, "Friends.", he said. As he clapped back at her high five. 

And this doesn't mean that he can't care for her less that how he does now. Let the waves do the waving(?) - he thought. 

 

--

 

Dinner is about to be served, and Seulgi was so engrossed with watching Ore Monogatari!! (My Love Story!!), especially the fact that Kentaro is in it again. 

Taeyong finds its funny that she's so into it that she has no care about what was happening around her. 

He puts down the tray in front of her for her, still with her eyes glued to the screen. 

He picked the spicy chicken meal for her, and got the beef for him. He got everything ready for her, making the two VJs' beside them notice.

He pressed the pause button that was on her seat, finally getting her attention. 

"Eat.", he told her. As he gives her the spoon. 

She automatically nods, taking a bite of her meal. 

 

--

 

With a storm ahead of them, the captain announced to expect a very rocky ride due to turbulence.

At first, it doesn’t seem to be such a problem. But the plane then later goes really rocky to the point that lights go on and off. Making everyone hold on to their seats.

The plane lurched to the left and they hear a loud thud, making Seulgi held Taeyong’s hand out of panic. He held on it tightly, and whispered to her ears, “We’re going to be okay.” assuring her that everything will be fine.

A loud crack of thunder made everyone scream, and Seulgi leaned on Taeyong’s chest seemingly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter