Chapter 3 – Togetherness (Part 2)

Our Destiny

“Is Eric slept now?” ask Minwoo.

“Uh, I think yes.” answer Dongwan. Then they quiet again.

They are being quiet until Eric wakes up. It’s already 7 PM now. They can go home now. They parted with Eric who seems not happy being alone. They left the hospital. Now they are waiting for taxi to come. Suddenly it rain. They decided to take shelter in front of supermarket. They’re waiting for rain to stop but after hour the rain didn’t seems want to stop. They’re decided to run to restaurant in front of supermarket to have a dinner.

Both feels cold when waiting their orders came. Minwoo stood up and takes off his jacket and wearing it to Dongwan. He gave to him because Dongwan will catch a cold just wear a long shirt meanwhile him was wearing a sweater. Dongwan never thought Minwoo will give his jacket to him. He thanks to him. Then their order came. They’re ready to eat.

“I think, this is our first time having dinner together?” Minwoo tries to open conversation. “Even I think, it’s our first time spend time together just only us?” Minwoo laughed awkwardly.

“Ah you right, hahaha!” Dongwan chuckled.

….

“Um, so, among the member, who has spending the most time with you Minwoo?” ask Dongwan.

“I dunno, I think Eric or Hyesung? How about you?” Minwoo asked back.

“Me, hmm I think I rarely hang out with the others, so I dunno who was. But usually, i am going with Andy.”

….

“So, how was today practice?” ask Minwoo.

“Oh great! thanks for your extra time to teach us, Minwoo.” Minwoo smiled.

….

“How are your mother?” ask Minwoo again.

“She’s fine, how about your mom?”

“She’s fine too!” Dongwan smiled.

….

“The rain stopped now, let’s go back to dorm.”

“Umm, can we talk more Minwoo?” suddenly Dongwan looks serious.

“Oh okay, let’s get out here first, we can talk outside here.” Minwoo stood up, Dongwan follow him.

They decided to talk in some playground near the restaurant. Minwoo sits in long chair. He tapped chair next to him to signalling Dongwan to sits next him. Dongwan follows him.

“Uh, Minwoo, umm.” Dongwan stop for some second. His expressions get really serious. Minwoo waits what will Dongwan says.

“I’m sorry, Minwoo!” Dongwan turn down his head, his gaze was trembled. Minwoo still waiting what will Dongwan says next. But Dongwan still quiet. When Minwoo will ask, Dongwan talks again.

“I’m sorry, because of me, umm I can’t be your good friend. I’m very with our friendship. I dunno, why we can be a good friend when we can make it with others? I’m sorry for being awkward friend to you.” Dongwan looks to Minwoo.

“Ah, Dongwan-ah, no,, you don’t have to say sorry with me. It’s not your fault. Actually i must say sorry too because I can’t understand you. I think this was my fault not trying to be a good friend for you too. I don’t understand since when we being awkward like this. I think I just didn’t understand you or we just didn’t understand each other.” Minwoo saw his friend eyes. This is their first entire day they make eye contact. 

Then they make confession about their feeling each other. They had into serious conversation. Then they’ve  known what the problem with their friendship. Dongwan just a type of passive person while Minwoo who known for his images for easy going person can be like that if someone got to him first so he can respond well. 

“Hahaha! How awful! We’ve been together almost 2 years. Isn’t it funny, Minwoo-yah?” 

“Yeah! you right, how can we’ve been together but looks like stranger each other.” They laughed together. Their laugh didn’t feel awkward now. Like another cage was unlocked in each other hearts. Slowly, the thick ice wall between them going melted.

“If we can spend time more like this earlier, I think we’ve been a best friend now Dongwan-ah!” They laughed again. Suddenly without warning, Minwoo hugs him. Dongwan seems shocked and blushed because of sudden situation. Then he hugs Minwoo back. They stop hugging and look at each other. They smiled. 

Minwoo stood up. “Okay let’s go home my friend!” Dongwan nodded. They’re going back to their dorm with happy feeling and no more silences in their journey now.

….

A cellphone got message. The owner unlocks the screen which shown Eric photos in wallpaper. Eric opens the message while taking a sip of water. Suddenly he burst his water from his mouth when he saw a photo sended to him. He don’t believe what he seen first but second he smiled when saw that photo. In that photo is showing Minwoo and Dongwan taking selca’s together smiling, showing their eye smile together. Eric saves that photo in his cellphone.

“You two look so cute together, umm woo.. dong! Yeah Woodong!” Eric coupled his friend names.

 


Another chapter, hope you enjoy it!

Thanks for reading ☺