Birthday Plans

Short Stories

 

Birthday Plans

 

CoHTPsBUAAAu300.jpg  

So what are your plans on Tiffany’s birthday since her birthday is just around the corner?” asked Sunny who’s quietly eyeing Taeyeon’s table because it’s so messy.

“Hmm. That I don’t know. I still don’t have the plans, oh wait even her gift. Oh my god! And wait her birthday is next week right? Taeyeon replied shockingly.

“Yup, august 1 means next week Monday. You’re so dead, Taeyeon-ah. You know that girl, she loves surprises.” Sunny said while pointing out to the girl who’s busy talking to some of their clients in the transparent room.

“I know, I know. But I’m busy with these papers, I need to organize these things first, then analyze every details before I start making the report. Basically, I’m not sure if I have the time to buy her gift or should I organize a party too? What do you think?” Taeyeon asked still arranging the heap of papers on her table.

“Just to remind you buddy, you still have 1 week left to prepare for it. Think of her favorites, what can make her happy. You know even some simple things can make her happy at least you tried and there’s effort, you know.” Sunny explained.

“Your right. Thank you, Soonkyu.” Taeyeon nods her head and smiles.

“Yah! Stop using my korean name or else I won’t help you at all.” Sunny warned Taeyeon for using her korean name. Yes, she hates it even when she was still young, she preferred her english name.

Taeyeon laughs at Sunny’s reaction because she knows that whenever she uses Sunny’s korean name, Sunny will get annoyed.

“Back to the topic, what do you have in mind?” Taeyeon asked in a serious manner.

“Still don’t have any ideas but you can try to ask her what does she want but please don’t be so obvious.” Answered Sunny.

“You know what, I should just ask her directly so I won’t be having a hard time in organizing a party or thinking of a gift that she will like.”

“Are you crazy? If you’ll do that, then where is the surprise? We all know Tiffany loves surprises, right? Make an effort, Taeng.” Sunny answer back.

“Noted. Anyways, I’ll get back to work so I can finish these papers and start planning about Tiffany’s.”

 

After seven hours of constant working. Tiffany noticed that Taeyeon is so serious and all focus to her work. And it’s something new to her because she knows that her lover isn’t that serious. Tiffany knew that Taeyeon will only get serious if the work is real and hard like right now, she saw tons of papers not only on Taeyeon’s table but also on the floor too.

She wanted to help too but unfortunately she also have some things to do. She needs to close the deal between her and the clients. In order to do that, she needs to impress them and prove them that they’re the best company and that they can help them.

But still, she can finish it in no time. Tiffany is great when it comes to impressing other people. She just had it in herself. When she talks, you’ll just find yourself agreeing to her because that is what she is. She never had a problem in closing a deal so for her this is just easy and it never bothered her. But watching Taeyeon doing her paper works, it bothered her.

Tiffany decided to come to Taeyeon’s desk.

“Hey, you okay?”

“Y-yes.” Taeyeon replied, rummaging through some papers in front of her.

“You sure? You need help?” Tiffany asked worriedly.

“No, I’m fine and besides you need to research for you to impress and close the deal.”

Tiffany wasn’t fully convinced.

“Okay, do you have a deadline or something?”

“Not really a deadline though but I have some important things to do.” Taeyeon sighed.

“Do you think you can finish that “things” today?”

“Why? Are you done?”

“No, not yet. But I can do it at home.”

“Oh, alright, I’ll just fix these papers in order so I won’t get confuse tomorrow.”

“You sure? We can stay late and work overtime.” Tiffany suggested.

“As much as I want your offer, No, so please wait for me in the car while I arrange these things. I need 30 minutes or so.”

“If you say so. Kay, I’ll wait in the car.”

“Uhm, Tiffany.”

Tiffany turns her head so slowly.

“Yes, Taeyeon?”

“Thanks for the concern, babe.”

“Anytime.” Tiffany smile and her eyes turn into perfect crescent shaped.

---

As the traffic light changes from green to red signaling them to stop.

“Fany-ah, you’re aware that your birthday is next week right?”

“Uh-uh.”

“Uhm, do you have plans or do you have something in your mind?”

“You’re asking what do I want right?” Tiffany glanced at Taeyeon.

Oh my god! She wasn’t supposed to know this soon.

“No-no. It’s just that your birthday is near and we’re both busy so I’m afraid we can’t have, you know.” Taeyeon reasoned but it was some sort of alibi.

“Taeyeon-ah, I understand. I saw your desk, you have work, I have too. It’s okay if we can’t have a party. Oh screw that. I’m too old for a surprise party anyway. We can just grab a dinner and all. You don’t have to worry about this babe. Kay?”

“But-but you love surprises.” Taeyeon said sadly.

“Yes, but this one is exempted so it’s okay. Rest assured, my Taetae.”

---

After 3 days have passed.

“So any plans, Taeng?” Sunny asked nonchalantly.

“I asked her 3 days ago and she clearly said that since we’re both busy, it’s okay not to throw a surprise party. She even said we can just grab a dinner after work.”

“What? That’s not the Tiffany I know. You sure she said all of that?”

“Yes, it got me worried too. So now I’m thinking of any other plans besides throwing a party.”

“You should finish you work before it’s too late.”

“I know. But don’t worry, I’m in the last paper so after this I can now start making my reports.” Taeyeon winks.

It’s already 11:55 am when Taeyeon walks to Tiffany’s area.

“Fany-ah, it’s lunch time. Let’s go in the cafeteria.”

“Really? I forgot. I lost track of time.” Tiffany replied.

“That’s why I’m here. C’mon up.” Taeyeon reaches out her hands and Tiffany grabs quickly.

After grabbing their tray, they both went to where Sunny is.

As they sit in their table, the three of them start eating quietly.

Not too long, Sunny decided to speak first.

“So Miyoung, your birthday is in 4 days, any plans?”

“First, stop using my korean name, Soonkyu. Second, none specifically.” Tiffany answered calmly.

“No party? How about your parents?”

“Sadly, my parents won’t come here because they said they’re currently busy so yeah.” Tiffany moves her eyebrows up and down.

“Wait, it has been 5 years right?”

“5 years when?” Taeyeon tries to in.

“5 years since the last time I spend my birthday with them.” Tiffany answered.

Because of Tiffany’s honest answer, Taeyeon was struck by an idea.

---

Another day had passed, Taeyeon is now done making her reports, she gave it to her boss.

Because of the idea that struck her, Taeyeon asked her boss if she can have a week vacation since she’s a loyal employee and doesn’t even have many absences.

She even asked for Tiffany’s too.

And luckily, the boss agreed since Taeyeon is done in her reports and her boss said that the clients had already agreed to the deal so technically both of them is now free from work.

 

After they arrived to their condo, Taeyeon holds Tiffany’s hand as they go inside.

As Taeyeon sat on the sofa, she patted the seat next to her.

“What is it, Taetae?” Tiffany asked.

“Congratulations, babe.”

“Ah, so you know? Thank you, babe. It wasn’t that easy, you know.” Tiffany said in an arrogant way.

Taeyeon smirks at Tiffany’s confession.

“Anyway, pack up your things. We’ll have our one-week vacation in LA specifically in your house.”

“Okay. Wait-wait, what did you say?”

Taeyeon stared at Tiffany, shock evident on her face.

“I said, we will go to LA for our one-week vacation.”

“And yes, I already told our boss about this.”

“B-but? How-how did you?”

“No questions, just do it.”

“Oh my god. I can’t believe this. Is this true? Don’t you dare lie?”

“What?” Taeyeon laughs. “Of course I’m serious. Please pack up your things.”

“On my way to our bedroom.” Tiffany chuckle.

“By the way, our flight is scheduled at 10:30 AM.”

“Okay.” Tiffany shouted from their bedroom.

Taeyeon went inside their bedroom too.

“Are you happy?”

“Are you even serious? Hell yeah, I’m so happy.”

“Just one favor please.” Taeyeon asked.

“What is it?”

“Just- just don’t pack too much, will you?”

Tiffany let a loud laugh, and then she put her right hand over .

---

 

Hi, I'm back! 

I'm sorry if this update took too long. It's just hard to find a time to write. But I'll keep on trying. :)) All comments from my first story up to now are highly appreciated. Thank you guys! 😁😄☺       

xoxo

p.s

I'm planning on continuing my story "My Guardian Angel". Soon. *winks