Text

Short Stories

 

'Text'

 

 

“Nerd”

“Nerd, you’re just a nerd. No one will like you.”

“You’re going to be forever alone because you’re a nerd.”

“Stop it, you guys are too much.” said by the girl.

“What? You’re taking sides with her? We can’t believe you.”

 

“Buddy, just close your ears and focus to the girl you’ve been eyeing for and helped you from those bullies.” Sunny said.

“No, I can’t. They’re right. No one will like me because I’m a freaking nerd, I can’t, Sunny-ah.” Taeyeon said weakly.

“No, Taeyeon! You aren’t a nerd, okay? It just happened that you’re good in academics, you have a nerdy glass which totally looks so okay with you plus you look cute so don’t worry about it, okay? C’mon, don’t be sad. What can I do to make you feel better? Hey, you want to know her name, your hero?” Sunny asked while thinking some possible things on how to get the girl’s name.

“What!? No. I’m happy that I can look at her this way. And I’m a nerd, probably she won’t like me even just friends. And plus I don’t think if she swings that way. So please Sunny, don’t ruin it, okay?” Taeyeon trying to convince Sunny but Sunny made already a decision.

“And I don’t like her that much, it’s just- it’s just that she so pretty, I can’t even look at her that long. She’s so damn gorgeous, Sunny-ah. I think it’s the first time that I saw a girl like her.” Taeyeon added.

“So much for ‘I don’t like her that much’ and she’s so pretty and gorgeous to the point you can’t even look at her. And you’re telling me that you don’t like her? Oh cut the crap, Taeng. You’re lying, I know you.” Sunny sarcastically replied.

“Okay, fine. It’s just a simple crush. And yes, I don’t want to try my luck. I’m not going to be friends with her. Thanks but no thanks, I want to protect my heart so my answer is no.” Taeyeon replied back.

“Whatever, you win, for now. Let’s go, we’ll be late in our next class.”

The next day in the cafeteria.

“What? Kim Taeyeon, why did you let those bullies again? Name them and I’ll personally punch their off.” Yuri said.

“Who told you that?” Taeyeon asked searching for the girl with the almost the same height as hers.

“Where’s Sunny?” Taeyeon asked again.

“I don’t know.” Yuri replied.

Sooyoung quietly pointing out her index finger under the table.

“Lee Soonkyu, you want me to drag you or you’ll move on your own?” Taeyeon said.

“Don’t get mad at me, Taeng. They’re your friends too. We are all your friends and we’re just concern at you.” said Sunny defensively.

“I know, sorry. I got carried away.” Taeyeon said.

“Say what, Taeng, our buddy has a secretly crush on the most popular member of the school’s cheerleading squad.” Sunny quickly said while Taeyeon tries to keep shut by using her hand.

“I am really so close of killing you, Lee Soonkyu! You know it right?” Taeyeon sarcastically said.

“Wow. You like Tiffany? The Tiffany Hwang? Most outstanding member, most precious, the prettiest in their squad. Totally wow, Taeng, you really have a good taste huh.” Yuri teased.

“Yeah, and I’m the school’s nerd. We’re so alike right? Ugh. I have the slightest chance right?” Taeyeon casually said.

“You’ll never know, buddy. We’ll never know.” Sooyoung remarked.

---

The next day, Taeyeon walk inside the computer lab and sees no one.

Taeyeon dialed Sooyoung’s number.

“Hey, Soo, are you sure that Room 10 is my computer lab room? Because I’m here, alone, and to think that I’m already late with my class yet there’s no one here?”

“Ugh”
“Hello? Sooyoung? You there?

“Right, wait. I’m going to check your schedule again.”

“Okay.”

Sooyoung goes to her table and search for Taeyeon’s schedule.

“Taeng, Sorry, it’s a mistake. Your com lab is in Room 09, sorry buddy.”

“Alright. Thanks. See you.”

---

This time, Taeyeon walk inside in her real computer lab. She tries to sneak in but she didn’t escape the hawk eyes of her professor.

“Kim Taeyeon, why are you late? Care to explain?”

“I’m sorry, Ma’am, but I got lost along the way.”

“Fine, sit at the back. And ask your seatmate about the activity.”

After Taeyeon arranged her things, she asked her seatmate and she already knew the activity so it was just a piece of cake to her.

While busy looking at her phone, she notices the girl beside her seatmate and she seems having the hard time in their activity. She still thinking if she’ll help or just continue her game.

On the other hand, Tiffany texted her friend saying that her crush is inside their room.

 

From: Jessie

Really? Then go and flirt. Joking, anyway, I’m busy, I have activity right now, can’t text.

To: Jessie

Crazy. I’m kinda busy too so talk to you later. xoxo

From: Jessie

Hahaha. Maybe you can try to get her attention Tiff. :)

To: Jessie

I thought you’re busy. Nah, talk to you later but I can try your suggestion. *winks

 

Taeyeon still figuring out whether she’ll help the girl or no. But she can’t stand the sight of the girl so she goes and asks her.

“Do you need help?” Taeyeon asked.

“Hmm, maybe yes maybe no.” the girl said without facing Taeyeon.

“Let me help you.” Taeyeon carefully said.

“You can?” the girl finally faces Taeyeon.

Taeyeon is shocked, she tries to answer but she can’t utter a single word.

“What happened to your computer?” Taeyeon asked in a serious way.

“I don’t know; it was still okay a while ago but then suddenly turn off without warning.” the girl said.

“Okay, I’m going to fix this just wait.” said Taeyeon without looking back at the girl.

“What is your name?” the girl said.

Taeyeon still won’t talk.

“I’m Tiffany, Tiffany Hwang.” Tiffany said.

“And what’s your name?” Tiffany asked.

Taeyeon looks at Tiffany, she can’t believe what’s happening.

“I figure it out, maybe you just pressed the power button of the monitor that’s why it looks like it was shut down.” Taeyeon explained.

“Ahh, great, Okay. So what is your name? Care to tell please?” Tiffany still bugging Taeyeon.

“Your welcome.” Taeyeon said as she goes in to her place.

After the class, Taeyeon went to her next class which is speech lab.

Taeyeon thought she’s free now because no more Tiffany but apparently Tiffany sits beside her so they’re partners.

“Hey, look, we’re partners. In case you forgot my name, I’m Tiffany.”

“Yeah.”

“What’s with you?” Tiffany suddenly said in a high voice but not so high to get the attention of the class.

“What?” Taeyeon said.

“You’re so quiet. You can’t talk? I just want to know your name.”

“The name is Taeyeon. Can you please be quiet? We’re in the speech lab.” Taeyeon replied.

“Alright, so are you single?” Tiffany asked.

“What are you doing? Taeyeon asked still looking very serious.

“Don’t you know how to flirt?” Tiffany suddenly asked.

Taeyeon didn’t respond.

“Looks like no.” Tiffany writes her number in a piece of paper. And gives it to Taeyeon. “Text me if you already know how to flirt back so I can know if we can have our chances together.”  

“Wait, what?” Taeyeon asked.

“Don’t make me repeat what I’ve said Taeyeon.”

Tiffany quickly arrange her things.

“Wait, where are you going?” Taeyeon suddenly asked.

Tiffany rise from her seat. “Listen, I don’t belong in this class, I only followed you.” Tiffany whispered to Taeyeon.

I’ll be waiting for your text then.” Tiffany added.

Tiffany carefully sneak out of the room.

Taeyeon was left dumbfounded.

---

 

:)

xoxo