Skulls

Short Stories

Skulls

 

 

Tiffany sat down on the side of their bed, watching how Taeyeon arrange her collection of skulls.

Tiffany noticed that it’s actually the fifth time Taeyeon arranged her collections. And Taeyeon looks like she doesn’t know it. She just kept on changing each skulls and move to other place or change its directions.

Until she decided to speak.

“Taeyeon”

“Oh, I didn’t notice you were here?”

“Yeah, well as you can see.”

“Ah, when did you get here?”

“You didn’t notice because your busy. You kept on arranging those things.”

Taeyeon didn’t respond instead kept on looking at her favorite collections.

“6 times, already 6 times Taeyeon.”

“Alright, alright. I’ll stop.” said Taeyeon.

“Good. Let’s go downstairs, I’ll prepare for our lunch. What do you want?”

“Nah, anything you’ll cook is fine so it’s up to you.”

“Seriously? Why don’t you just help me?”

“I can’t, too busy to move.”

“What? Too busy? You haven’t even move from where you are right now.”

“I will, soon.”

“Taeyeon, just come with me and help me.”

“I’m fine here. I’ll go, just give me 15 minutes.”

“Kim Taeyeon.”

“I swear.”

“Fine. Just 15 minutes.”

Tiffany went down to the chicken to find and prepare for their lunch. But she didn’t know what to cook so she opened up her phone and search for a quick recipe.

Meanwhile, Taeyeon, who still on her spot, didn’t move from the moment Tiffany talked to her.

“Hmm. Should I put you there and change you with this?” she murmured to herself.

“No, that’s a bad idea, you should just stick here but there’s still something missing.” Taeyeon added.

“And I can’t pinpoint it.” Taeyeon said almost sadly.

“Taeyeon, your 15 minutes is done. Could you please come down and just help me instead?” Tiffany shout using her loud voice.

“Coming.”

“So what are you making?” Taeyeon asked.

“That, I don’t know. I kept on searching but I can’t seem to find any.”

“Why don’t we just order food or better yet let’s go out and have lunch to your favorite restaurant.”

“That’s a great idea, wait for me, I’ll change my clothes.” Tiffany hurried back to their room.

Tiffany doesn’t know that Taeyeon originally wanted to go out because she’ll buy a new skull collection. She doesn’t want Tiffany to know it because Taeyeon knows that skulls aren’t Tiffany’s thingy. And if she tells it Tiffany will probably scold her about buying and adding more skulls to their room.

Taeyeon went to check Tiffany she’s taking up so long.

“Hey, done?” Taeyeon peep through the small hole in their door.

“Not yet, 5 minutes.”

“Okay. I’ll just wait here or inside the car?”

“You can go first.”

They arrived to the restaurant and ordered their food.

Taeyeon excused herself first.

“Where are you going?” Tiffany asked.

“Just the nearby store. You want anything?”

“What? Food’s coming and you’re going somewhere?”

“I promise this will only take 15 minutes.”

“You better be. It’s bad that you’ll make the food wait and me.”

“Ahm, if the food arrives and I’m still not here, then just eat first, I don’t mind.” Taeyeon smiled.

“Wait, so 15 minutes is not enough?”

“No, no, no. All I’m saying is ‘if ever’.”

“Okay. Make it quick.”

“Yes, babe.”

Taeyeon kissed Tiffany’s forehead which made Tiffany smile.

“Silly.” Tiffany muttered.

Taeyeon immediately went to the store and look for some certain skulls that she wants.

 She saw 9 different kinds of skulls and she can’t pick. She wants it all.

“But If I bought this all, Tiffany will kill me, that’s for sure. It’s enough that I have 18 skulls in our bedroom. If I add these 9 skulls, a total of 27 skulls in our room. That’s a no, no, no!” Taeyeon said all these things in her mind.

“But I really want these skulls. Whatever happens, I know she’ll accept me.” Taeyeon added.

So in the end, Taeyeon bought those skulls. And now she headed to the parking lot where their car is located and hide the skulls she bought.

On the other hand, Tiffany who’s waiting for almost an hour.

“Where the hell is she?”

“I should have known.” Tiffany utter her feelings.

Taeyeon slowly walks to where Tiffany is.

“I’m sorry, I tried but I know I failed you.”

“Where did you go? I want an honest answer from you, Taeyeon.

“Before I say it, can you promise that you won’t get mad at me?”

“It depends. Reason is?”

“Iwenttothenearestskullstore.” Taeyeon said three times fast than her usual.

“I don’t understand.”

“I-went-to-the-nearest-skull-store.” Taeyeon said two times fast.

“Again. I swear if you don’t fix your words, I’ll leave you here.”

“I went to the nearest skull store, there, I said it.”

“Wait, you-what? Really?” Tiffany laughs.

“It’s not funny, Tiffany.”

“Funny for me, why didn’t you tell me?” Tiffany asked.

“Because I know, you’ll get mad at me.” answered Taeyeon with a sad face.

“It depends on how many wait how many is it?”

 “9 skulls”

“9 skulls, WHAT? SO OUR ROOM NOW HAS 27 SKULLS.” Tiffany exclaimed.

“I can’t even.” Tiffany added.

“Sorry.”

“What can I do, you already bought it anyway.”

“I’m really sorry.”

“Stop apologizing, just- just don’t put all those skulls in our room because I swear if you do it, I’ll sleep in the other room.”

“Noted, let’s go.”

“How about your food?”

“I’ll just take it out.”

“Sorry.”

“I told you to stop apo-.”

“It’s not about the skulls, it’s because I left you here alone, you ate alone which I know you doesn’t like. I’m really sorry babe. It won’t happen again. I promise.” Taeyeon apologized sincerely.

“Apology accepted. Just don’t do it again and babe just one more thing.”

“Kindly please tone down your love for skulls.”

“I’ll try, for you.”

Taeyeon hold Tiffany’s hand under the table.

Taeyeon’s food arrive and they walk hand in hand to the exit door.

Taeyeon noticed Tiffany’s left hand holding something.

“What’s in your left hand?”

“Ah, this? I bought this earlier when you went to the skull store.”

“And what’s that?”

Tiffany open the plastic and show her new bag that has a design of skulls.

“Wait, is that skulls?” Taeyeon asked.

Tiffany didn’t answer.

“Oh my god, Tiffany.”

“Taeyeon, don’t.”

“So much for toning down my love for skulls.”

Taeyeon laughs, her ahjumma laugh.

---

 

So this pic of Tiffany's bag got me inspired. 😂 

xoxo