Confusion and Revelation: Revelation

CODE 27: 309 x 801
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Delivering the second and last part of Confusion and Revelation. Thank you for your support and hopefully you'll continue sticking through this thread as I post more stories in the future! See you in the next one-shot and now let's go back to replaying Why~

♪ Babylon - 오늘도 난 ♪

***

“Yah, Kim Taengoo!”

Taeyeon groaned as she opened the door.

“For God’s sake, stop banging on my door, will you?”

“You were the one who didn’t open it.”

“I was in my room and I need time to walk outside, okay?” Taeyeon threw herself on the couch. “What is it?”

“What happened to you? And what are all these?” Sunny pointed to the empty cans on the table and some lying on the ground.

“Beer cans. I’m sure you recognize them better than I do.”

“How long did you stay at home and how much did you drink?”

“I don’t know. Lost count.”

“Taeng…”

“Don’t start using this tone on me.”

“Taeng.”

“What?!”

“What’s going on?”

“You know what’s going on, Soonkyu.”

“I know, but what’s going on with you?”

“Nothing. I’m fine.”

“You wouldn’t have to resort to drinking if you are. You’re never one to drink,” Sunny sighed. “Have you talked to her?”

“She doesn’t want to talk to me. She asked me to stop getting bothered, remember?”

“And so? You’re just going to sit here, whine and do nothing about it? 10 years, Taeng. You’re going to let this all go just like that?”

“What am I supposed to do?!” Taeyeon exclaimed a bit too loudly.

“Get your feelings sorted out, first and foremost.”

“…”

“That’s the root of the problem, no? Because you’re so unclear of your own feelings, and I mean your true feelings,” Sunny said. “Remember what I told you? Have you given thought about it?”

“I…”

“If you haven’t then maybe you should now. It’s taking way too long, but better late than never.”

“I… thought about it,” Taeyeon mumbled. “Over the past few days.”

“Oh? Tell me about it then.”

Taeyeon sighed.

How am I supposed to admit? I’m literally two-timing. Well, not exactly but still.

“I’m not going to judge you so you can speak freely.”

“Are you psychic?”

“No, I’m just a friend who happens to know you really well. Even better than you know yourself, I dare to say,” Sunny picked up one of the unopened beers from the table. “Now speak up.”

Taeyeon took a deep breath. “I think I like her.”

“You think?”

“Okay, fine. I like her. There, I said it.”

“Took you long enough, Taengoo.”

“How am I supposed to casually admit that I like my best friend as more than my best friend? Especially when I’m dating someone else? I’m literally being a jerk right now,” Taeyeon ruffled her hair in frustration. “This is killing me.”

“I understand where you’re coming from but you need to stop living in denial and start learning how to accept things for how it is. Admit it, accept it, do something about it. You’re not being fair to either Minha or Fany right now.”

“I know that.”

“Good, because I’m tired of trying to fix things between the both of you.” Sunny said. “Do something about it, okay? Whatever it is. You’re the only one that can fix this.”

Taeyeon sighed.

“Fany’s going to kill me for saying this but she likes you. In the same way.”

“W-what?”

“Don’t act surprised now, Kim Taeyeon. You should’ve known by now from everything that has happened,” Sunny rolled her eyes. “I don’t want to see her broken again. I’m too old for this. Talk to her, fix it. I trust you do that.”

“I will. Thanks, Soonkyu.”

“No problem.”

===

Taeyeon spent the next few days at home thinking of what to do. She finally, thoroughly, came to terms with herself that she was, indeed, in love with her best friend. She knew she had to do something about it. As much as she didn’t want to be a jerk, she knew it wouldn’t be fair to Minha if she continued to lead the girl on.

She was sitting in a café across Minha one afternoon.

“First of all, I’m sorry for the other night.”

“It’s fine.”

“I know you’re angry at me so you can scold me if you want to, you know? You can slap me even,” Taeyeon joked, trying to ease the atmosphere.

“You know I wouldn’t.”

“I know. You’re one of the nicest girls I’ve ever met, which is why I shouldn’t be doing this to you,” Taeyeon exhaled. “Minha-ya, I-”

“Let’s break up.”

“W-what?”

“Let’s break up, Taeyeon-ah.”

“What?” Taeyeon repeated, still in shock.

“That was what you were going to do, wasn’t it?”

“Well…”

“You’re in the wrong so I’m not allowing myself to get dumped by you,” Minha chuckled. “You like Tiffany unnie, right?”

“How did you…”

“It’s so obvious. I think you’re the only one that didn’t know.”

“Now this is a shock.”

“I could tell from the way you care about her. I know you said she’s your best friend, but the way you care about her was on a different level. Definitely not something you would do for a best friend.”

“I’m sorry, Minha.”

“Don’t be. I was going to do this anyway if you are not going to. I get tired too, you know?”

“I’m really sorry. I’m sure you’ll meet someone much, much better than a jerk like me.”

“It’s going to take a lot of time and luck for me to meet someone as good as you, Taeyeon-ah. You were one of the best, that I’m not going to lie. I’ll get there though.”

“I’m sorry.”

“Stop apologizing. I’m the one breaking up with you so stop making me feel like I’m the one who got dumped.”

“Should I cry then?”

The both of them laughed.

“So, what now? Are you going to confess to Tiffany unnie?”

“I hurt her for so long and so much. I don’t know if she will accept me.”

“At least try. She liked you for so long and stayed with you even when you’re dating someone. You should know how much it hurts to see someone you like date another person. If she were to reject you, so be it. Keep going until you get her. She waited for you for years, it’s only fair you wait too, right? But the least you could do is let her know your true feelings then leave it up to fate.”

“Wait, how did you know Tiffany likes me?”

“Like I said, it’s obvious. You’re the only one who doesn’t know.”

“I’m quite slow-witted huh?”

“In this case, very. Can’t believe I dated you for half a year.”

“Ouch, that hurts.”

“I’m kidding. For all it’s worth, I don’t regret it.” Minha outstretched her hand. “Good luck, Taeyeon unnie. Get Tiffany unnie, okay?”

“It’s so weird hearing you call me unnie all of a sudden.”

“Gotta be polite now that it has ended right?”

“I’ll try my best. And for all it’s worth too, I don’t regret it either. You’re a nice girl and you’ll definitely meet someone nicer, I assure you.” Taeyeon shook her hand. “I’m sorry once again, and thanks, Minha-ya.”

===

“Can we talk?”

Tiffany read the message and locked her phone without replying. She tried to focus on the layout on her laptop screen.

Knock knock.

“Come in.”

“Hi.”

Tiffany frowned. “What are you doing here?”

“To get that talk. Can you spare me a minute?”

“No, I’m busy. And I thought I told Yoona to not let anyone in.”

“It took me a dozen of donuts.”

“Traitor,” Tiffany mumbled under her breath and turned back to her screen.

Taeyeon took the seat across Tiffany.

“You have one minute and it starts now.”

“I’m sorry, Fany-ah. I should’ve known better and I should’ve sorted out my feelings sooner. I’ve been an idiot for such a long time. A blind, senseless idiot. Because of my stupidity and obliviousness, I’ve hurt you for all this time and I’m really sorry. I should’ve come to terms with myself sooner.”

Tiffany’s heart skipped a beat. What are you trying to say?

“Please understand that it is not something that I can easily admit because I am not at all proud of it but…” Taeyeon breathed before continuing. “I like you, Tiffany Hwang, and I would understand if you cannot accept this right away but I’ll wait. You’ve waited for so long, it’s only fair I wait too. I’ll wait no matter how long it takes.”

“What is this, Taeyeon? You go when you find someone nice, and then you come back as and when you want?” Tiffany finally spoke. “What do you take me as? Backup?”

“It’s not that. Like I’ve told you before, you’re never anyone’s backup. I was stupid, senseless and blind to not see and know the person I like is right here in front of me. I thought these feelings were just for a best friend, but no, I was wrong. I finally know it now. I’m sorry it took me so long, Fany, but trust me, you’re never anyone’s backup. You were priority, you still are, and you will always be Kim Taeyeon’s priority. That’s not going to change.”

“And Minha?”

“I got dumped.”

“What?”

“We broke up a few days ago. I was going to say it but she dumped me before I could,” Taeyeon chuckled lightly.

Tiffany closed her eyes and leaned back into her chair, sensing a headache. Why are you doing this all of a sudden, Taeyeon-ah? She massaged her temples.

“Your minute’s up. You can leave now.”

“Thanks for hearing me out. And I meant it when I said I’ll wait no matter how long it takes.”

Taeyeon stood up to leave while Tiffany let out a sigh.

Was that for real? Did that really happen? Did Taeyeon just come into my room and tell me that she likes me the same way? I’ve waited for this for years but what should I do? What if she’s unsure and what if she’s just… confused? What if one day she realizes that she only sees me as a best friend and nothing more actually? Not having her hurts, but having her and then realizing I’ve never had her would hurt even more. What do I do? Why are you doing this, Taeyeon? Why can’t you let me live in peace?

She heard a knock on the door.

“Come in.”

The door opened, revealing her assistant editor.

“What is it, traitor?”

“I’m sorry unnie but a dozen of donuts is hard to reject.”

“I can buy you dozens of those,” Tiffany huffed. “But what is it?”

“Just bringing you the revised versio

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter