Confusion and Revelation: Confusion

CODE 27: 309 x 801
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: First part of the two-shot. I have an exam in two days so the next part will be posted only after. Remember to comment and upvote if you like the chapter and till then! 

♪ Song of the chapter: Selena Gomez - My Dilemma ♪

***

“Thank you all for your hard work!”

The model greeted every one of the staffs in the studio before disappearing into the dressing room to change.

Taeyeon was disassembling her camera when someone tapped on her back. She turned around, saw who it was and smiled.

“Great work, Tae.”

“You too. It was a fun shoot.”

“I’m glad you found it fun. Thought you would dislike it because it’s so pink.”

“Well, that aside. I see everything in pink now,” Taeyeon joked. “But that’s so you. I bet you chose this theme on purpose.”

“I did not!”

“Relax, Fany-ah. I’m joking.”

“Are you done for today?”

“Yup, that was my last shoot. Why?”

“Wanna have dinner together? I’ll buy.”

“Now that’s tempting. I don’t see why n-”

“Taeyeon-ah!”

A girl’s voice came from the door. Taeyeon knew who it was exactly without turning. She smiled as the girl walked towards her and Tiffany.

“Hey, why are you here?”

“Heard you finished your shoot and wanted dinner with you. You’re done for today right?”

Taeyeon instinctively placed her arm around the girl’s waist. “Yeah I am, but I was going to go for dinner with-”

“Hey no, it’s fine. Go with Minha. We can have dinner another time,” Tiffany interjected, feeling slightly disappointed.

“We can just have dinner together,” Taeyeon proposed. She turned to the girl next to her. “You don’t mind right?”

Minha shook her head. “Come with us, Tiffany unnie.”

“Nah, I don’t wanna play gooseberry. Have fun on your date.”

“Are you sure? We really don’t mind the extra company.”

“Oh come on, spare me from the awkwardness,” Tiffany faked a chuckle. All she wanted to do was run away from the couple. “It’s really fine. We can always schedule dinner another time.”

“Alright then. I’ll be waiting for your text.”

“Will do that. Have fun.”

Tiffany bade goodbye to the duo before walking out of the studio quickly.

I’ll never be able to get used to this.

===

Taeyeon and Tiffany were friends since high school. One was an introvert, one was an extrovert, but they clicked so well, much to many people’s amazement and were practically inseparable. Taeyeon had always wanted to be a photographer while Tiffany aspired to be a fashion editor. Ever since they knew of each other’s ambition, they promised to work together in the future, which was why they both ended up working for the same magazine.

Unknown to Taeyeon was Tiffany’s true feelings for her. Tiffany didn’t know when she started harboring a crush on Taeyeon but she was sure that it had been more than five years. She never told Taeyeon – she never dared to – and tried to move on countless of times. She went on dates with both guys and girls, but none of them worked out. Plus, the fact that Taeyeon and her were always, literally, together made it even harder for her.

There were times Tiffany thought Taeyeon felt the same way since Taeyeon was never shy when it comes to skinship with her, and those are the times that make her heart flutter the most. Whenever their skin comes into contact, Tiffany feels the twisting in her stomach and the sweat in her palms. Confessing did come to her mind at those times, but she always deemed it as too risky and shook the thought off within seconds.

It was all okay between them until Taeyeon told her she was dating Minha, a girl working in the marketing department.

Ever since Taeyeon started dating, they found themselves hanging out lesser and lesser. At one point of time, Tiffany even started irrationally disliking Minha for taking Taeyeon away from her, although she knew Taeyeon wasn’t hers to begin with and that she had no rights to be angry. It was only normal for Taeyeon be dating. She was an attractive person after all. Very attractive.

Whenever Taeyeon goes out on a date, Tiffany will turn to her friends, and this day was no different.

“Hey Soonkyu,” Tiffany greeted and sat down across her friend. “Sorry I’m late. Was stuck in a jam and had no parking lot.”

“No worries, I was late too.”

They ordered their food and thanked the waiter before continuing their talk.

“I thought you were having dinner with Taeng today.”

“Was supposed to.”

“Let me guess. Minha?”

Tiffany gave a mere nod, sipping the water provided.

Sunny shook her head. “Cheer up.”

“What?”

“You know what.”

“I’m not sad.”

“Sure.”

“Seriously, Sunny.”

“I wouldn’t be here if you weren’t.”

“I’m just trying to have dinner with a good friend.”

“I know. I’m not saying you can’t,” Sunny sighed. “You know what I mean.”

Tiffany went back to drinking her water.

Sunny was the only one that knew Tiffany liked Taeyeon. She didn’t want to tell her, but Sunny confronted her about it one day after the latter saw her clenching her fists when another girl approached Taeyeon in the club. From then, Tiffany relied on Sunny a lot when it comes to issues with Taeyeon, and she was glad that her friend didn’t judge her but instead, listened and gave her lots of advices.

The waiter placed their food down and bowed before leaving the table.

“How was the shoot?” Sunny changed the topic. “I heard your model was Lee Hanui. That’s a big shot.”

“Mm-hmm. Big shot but zero attitude. The shoot went super smoothly. I like working with her.”

“Really? She looks like someone who would wreck the heck out of the studio over something small.”

“Nothing of that sort at all. I was quite surprised too, to be honest. You rarely get such nice A-star models nowadays.”

“That’s nice. At least it went well. I can’t wait to see the results.”

They continued talking about their lives until Sunny said she had to go. The night ended with Tiffany sending Sunny back before going back home herself.

===

Tiffany picked up the ringing phone on her table.

“Tiffany speaking.”

“Unnie, Taeyeon unnie is here. Is it okay to send her in?”

“Yup. Thanks Yoong.”

“No problem.”

Taeyeon appeared at her door after a minute with two cups of coffee sitting on the egg tray that she was balancing in one of her hands while the other hand held the door.

“What’s the occasion?”

“Does it need to be an occasion for me to come?”

“You rarely come up.”

“Just wanted to spend time with my best friend. We haven’t really been hanging out much.”

“Because you’re so busy.”

“You’re busy too!” Taeyeon retorted. “Make that both of us, okay? No pushing of blames.”

Tiffany chuckled. She missed having Taeyeon around all the time.

“Got you your favorite, by the way.” Taeyeon sat down on the chair across Tiffany’s table and gave Tiffany one of the cups.

“Thanks.” Stop treating me so nice, Taeyeon-ah.

“You’re free now that you have submitted the pages for printing right?”

“Yeah, finally. I always look forward to this day every month.”

“Same. Are you free tonight then?”

“Should be. Why?”

“You owe me dinner.” Taeyeon grinned. “Can I claim it tonight?”

“No date?”

“She promised her parents to have dinner together so nope.”

“So I’m the backup plan?”

“Of course not!” Taeyeon exclaimed. “You’re never anyone’s backup. Only other people are backups for you.”

“Now I feel bad for those other people.”

“This is a secret between us. No leaking.”

Tiffany couldn’t help but feel happy at what Taeyeon said, but at the same time, she found herself falling harder and harder for the girl sitting across her, especially when Taeyeon says things like this. It may be nonchalant to Taeyeon, but it meant everything to Tiffany.

“Your secret’s safe,” Tiffany said. “And sure, you can claim it tonight. Any place in mind?”

“Let’s go to our favorite place. We haven’t been there in months.”

“Sure. See you at the lobby at 7? I’ll drive.”

“Okay. Can’t wait. I miss having dinners with you. See you at 7 then!”

Tiffany merely smiled as a reply. Why do you keep making things harder for me, Kim Taeyeon?

===

“Yoona?”

“Hi, Taeyeon unnie. Here to give this to you.”

Taeyeon took the file from Yoona. “Thanks, but I thought Tiffany was supposed to bring this down.”

“She was supposed to, but I don’t know where Tiffany unnie is now…”

“Did something happen?”

“Mr. Lee wanted us to work a certain brand but Tiffany unnie failed to clinch a deal so she got scolded for it. It’s not her fault, but you know how Mr. Lee when things don’t go his way,” Yoona sighed. “Unnie left after coming out of his office. She seemed really upset.”

“I see. Thanks, Yoona.”

“No problem. I’ll get back to work then. See you Taeyeon unnie.”

Taeyeon went to the table where her colleague, Yuri, was. They got back to work, but Taeyeon could not stop thinking about Tiffany and it didn’t go unnoticed to Yuri. Taeyeon stopped the conversation after about ten minutes.

“I’m really sorry but I need to go somewhere. I’ll be back.”

“Going to look for Tiffany?”

“You heard?”

Yuri nodded. “Didn’t mean to eavesdrop though.”

“It’s fine. It’s not something secretive anyway.”

“Go ahead. I’ll do the set up in the meantime so just be back before the model arrives.”

“Thanks, Yul. I owe you one.”

Yuri looked while Taeyeon ran out of their office. She sighed. Why are you so blind to your own feelings, Taeng?

===

Taeyeon ran straight up to the rooftop, knowing Tiffany would be there. The rooftop was Tiffany’s favorite place in the building they worked at. Her best friend said that it was only at the rooftop that she can feel relaxed.

Taeyeon opened the door to the rooftop and saw Tiffany sitting on one of the unwanted benches, staring into a distance. She approached her.

“Hey.”

“Oh?” Tiffany looked up to see Taeyeon. “Hey. Why are you here?”

Taeyeon saw Tiffany wiping her eyes with her sleeve. She felt a squeeze in her heart, but ignored it.

“I heard everything from Yoona. Are you okay?”

“Yeah, I’m fine. It’s not the first time it has happened anyway.”

“Then why are you crying?”

“…”

Taeyeon wiped Tiffan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter