Secret Love Song

CODE 27: 309 x 801
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Why can’t we be like that

Wish we could be like that

Taeyeon opened her eyes after singing the last note.

“Was that okay, Unnie?” Taeyeon turned to her vocal trainer and asked.

“No, it wasn’t.”

Taeyeon swallowed. “How bad was it?”

“It wasn’t okay because it was beyond okay, Taeyeon-ah.” Her vocal trainer clapped. “I was worried because this is a song for four after all but you pulled it off well. Really well, in fact. Your vocal color suits this song a lot and I could feel the emotions you wanted to convey. Just take note of your vibration near the bridge. A little of it is fine, but not too much. Since the arrangement is done, you can now work on your pronunciation.”

“Thanks, Unnie. I’ll keep working on it.”

“Looks like she’s really important to you huh?”

Taeyeon smiled. “Yeah.”

“She doesn’t know yet right?”

“I’m planning to surprise her on the day itself. Keep it a secret for me, Unnie?”

“Your secret’s safe.”

Taeyeon’s phone alerted her of a message.

“Oh no, she’s coming up.”

Taeyeon quickly put on another song randomly. She pretended to be practicing for that song instead. She heard a knock about three minutes later. Tiffany peeped in slightly.

“Am I interrupting?”

“Never.”

“Cheesiness aside, am I really not interrupting your practice?”

“Cheesiness aside, you really are not.” Taeyeon outstretched her hand from her seat, signaling Tiffany to come in. “What brings you here?”

“I booked the slot after yours for this studio. I wanted to spy on your performance so I came a bit earlier.”

“Not because you missed me?”

“And maybe a little of that.”

“Excuse me.” The vocal trainer cleared . “I’m still here.”

“Sorry, Unnie.” Taeyeon laughed.

“Before my fingers and toes fall off, I’ll excuse myself from this room. I’ll see you in a bit, Tiffany.”

“See you, Unnie.”

“Thank you for today, Unnie. See you tomorrow.”

Taeyeon and Tiffany bowed to the vocal trainer who then left the room.

“So,” Taeyeon sat back down and pulled Tiffany onto her lap. “What song are you performing?”

“Secret.”

“That’s not fair. You already know mine so I should know yours.”

Tiffany shook her head. “You’ll have to wait for the day itself to know.”

“Please?” Taeyeon pouted.

“No,” Tiffany chuckled. “And your pout isn’t going to work.”

“Fine. I’ll leave you to practice then.” Taeyeon leaned in and pecked Tiffany on her lips. “Glad to see you today. I missed you.”

“I missed you too. Go back and rest well.”

“I will. Don’t strain your throat too much.”

“Yes, Mother.”

“Says the one who just nagged at me.”

“Shut up and leave already.” Tiffany stood up and dragged Taeyeon off the chair. “Bye. Love you.”

“Love you too.”

===

The concert that they had been preparing hard for soon came. Taeyeon was pacing around the waiting room, anxiously waiting for her turn to go up on stage. She tried to calm herself down by taking deep breaths but it wasn’t helping much.

Calm down, Kim Taeyeon. You can do this.

“Taeyeon, you’re next!”

Taeyeon heard one of the backstage staffs. She took one last deep breath before walking towards the door.

“Kim Taeyeon, hwaitaeng!”

Taeyeon smiled to her group members. “Thanks guys.”

Tiffany grabbed Taeyeon’s hand before the latter exited. “I’ll go with you.”

Taeyeon gave Tiffany’s hand a light squeeze before they left the waiting room together.

She gave her microphone and in-ear monitor one last check. After making sure everything was working properly, she tried to calm herself down again though she knew the effort would probably be futile.

“You can do it,” Tiffany said and stole a quick peck on Taeyeon’s cheek.

Taeyeon merely smiled, too nervous to say anything.

“Go on now, Taeyeon.”

Taeyeon nodded to the staff and went on stage.

Tiffany watched Taeyeon from the side. The lights came on, the curtains were lifted, and music started echoing in the large stadium. Wait, but it was suppo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter