Momentary Bliss

CODE 27: 309 x 801
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Very short one this time, enjoy! Also, I just started an ongoing fic called Take My Hand so if you've been liking my writing style/stories, you can check it out ^^

===

Her nose catches a whiff of the pleasant smell that traveled to her room. She stirs, tosses and turns for a few minutes before deciding to get up to check the source of the aroma.

Tiffany then drags herself lazily to the bathroom, brushes her teeth, washes her face and changes into a comfortable outfit.

She goes to the kitchen, thinking it’s her housemate that’s cooking.

“Good morning Sunny. Wh- oh my god!”

Tiffany manages to hold on to the milk carton that nearly fell from her hands.

“Surprise.”

“What are you doing here?!”

“Unhappy to see me?”

“No, I don’t mean it that way.” Tiffany walks over to the girl in apron at the stoves. “Just didn’t expect you to be here early in the morning. Sunny let you in?”

“Mmhmm. And I did say we’ll be spending the entire day together, didn’t I?”

“You did, but you never mentioned the breakfast-making plan.”

“My surprise succeeded then?”

“Very successful.”

“Happy birthday, Fany. And I would give you a hug but I don’t want to make you dirty with all the oil splatters a-“

“Thank you, Taetae.” Tiffany hugs the girl, stopping her from talking.

She lets go after a few seconds to let Taeyeon go back to making their breakfast.

“What are you making anyway?”

“American breakfast. You said you haven’t had it in awhile so I thought I would attempt making it for you.”

“You’re so sweet.”

“I know right?”

Tiffany laughs, slapping Taeyeon’s arm lightly. “Be humble.”

“I am being humble!” Taeyeon exclaimed. “I would’ve said I’m the sweetest person in your life if I wasn’t.”

“You win. I give up.”

“Go take a seat outside. Breakfast will be ready soon.”

“Are you sure? I can help.”

“The birthday girl doesn’t need to do anything. Shoo, get out.”

“If you say so. Tell me if you need anything, okay?”

“Will do that.”

===

“How is it for my first attempt?”

“Are you sure it’s your first? This is so good,” Tiffany says as she cuts a bite-sized portion of her sausage.

“Thank god. I was worried.”

“It’s really good. I can’t even lie.”

“Glad you’re enjoying it.”

“What are we doing today?” Tiffany asks before putting a piece of bacon in . “What plans did you make?”

“You’ll see.”

“So secretive.”

“It’s meant to be a surprise remember?”

“I’m not liking the suspense. It doesn’t have anything to do with horror or bugs or bungee jumping sort of thing, right?”

“No horror, no bugs, no bungee jumping.”

“Good.”

They finish their breakfast quickly and Tiffany disappears into her room to change again. After checking her makeup and outfit in the full mirror, she smiles to herself in satisfaction and grabs her envelope clutch before leaving her room.

They walk to Taeyeon’s car that is parked outside Tiffany’s apartment.

“Ready?” Taeyeon asks after she fastens her seatbelt.

“Ready.”

“Alright, let’s head to the first destination.”

===

“Amusement park!” Tiffany squeals and runs to the entrance.

“Slow down, will ya?” Taeyeon shouts, following the excited girl. “You’re 27, not 7!”

Taeyeon pays for the tickets, ignoring the complaints from the birthday girl for not going Dutch.

“You’re the birthday girl so you shouldn’t be paying. Consider it as part of the present from me.”

“But-“

“No buts. Come on, let’s not waste time and let’s play!”

Taeyeon pulls Tiffany by her hand into the amusement park. The first stop, as requested by Tiffany, is the souvenir store as she wants them to get matching hairbands. Tiffany is set on getting the Minnie Mouse headband, leaving Taeyeon with no choice but the male version of it.

“Photo!”

Tiffany takes out her phone, opens the camera application, and switches it to the front camera. They take a few photos – both normal and crazy shots – and Tiffany decides to upload one of them to Instagram before they go to the rides.

Taeyeon feels the vibrating of her phone. She retrieves the gadget and looks at the Instagram notification that she just received.

“You’re the Mickey to my Minnie @taeyeon_ss”

She laughs.

“This caption is beyond cheesy.”

“Shut up. Birthday girl gets to do whatever she wants.”

“Alright, I’m keeping quiet.”

“Now let’s go take rides!” Tiffany exclaims and pulls Ta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter