Chance in a Café: Bonus Chapter

CODE 27: 309 x 801
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

♪ Song of the chapter: Urban Zakapa - Café Latte ♪

*** 

“Welcome!” Taeyeon greets with a smile on her face.

“What occasion is today? Why so happy?”

“What occasion must there be for me to be happy when you’re right here?”

“Tone the flirting down, Ms. Barista.”

“Can’t help it when there’s such a pretty customer in front of me.”

“Oh, so you’re going to flirt with other pretty customers? I see, Taeyeon, I see.”

“What other pretty customers? No one is prettier than you.”

“Stop it, Tae. What’s with you this morning?” Tiffany laughs.

“I don’t know. I’m just happy to see you.” Taeyeon flashes a smile at Tiffany while she waits for the espresso shots. “And that wasn’t just plain flirting. I meant it.”

Tiffany blushes at Taeyeon’s sudden sweetness.

“You have a meeting with a prospective client later right?”

“Mm-hmm.”

“All the best.” Taeyeon places the cup on the counter. “Dinner tonight to celebrate?”

“How are you so sure that we’ll get the client?”

“Because I believe my girlfriend is the best.”

“Seriously Tae, tone down the cheesiness.” Tiffany chuckles.

“You don’t like it?”

“Can’t say I dislike it but it’s making my fingers curl.”

“Alright, I’ll try to tone it down. Dinner?”

“Sure. Call me?”

“Will do.”

After taking the elevator up to her office, Tiffany enters and settles the cup down on the table. It is only then she realizes the writings on it.

“I’m serious. No one is prettier than you. Hwaitaeng!”

===

“Ooh, red cups!”

Taeyeon lets out a chuckle at the excited girl.

“Yup. Christmas is approaching so I thought it would be nice to bring up the festive mood in here. Like it?”

“I wish your cups will be red forever.”

“Not pink?”

“Pink is, of course, a great idea too.”

“As expected of the pink monster.”

“Pink is a pretty color, okay?”

Taeyeon sees Tiffany pouting.

“It is, but can you please stop pouting? I’m trying to do my latte art here.”

“And what link does it have?”

“Because you’re distracting me.”

“As expected of the cheesy monster.” Tiffany shakes her head. “What have I gotten myself into?”

“No regretting, Fany-ah.” Taeyeon frowns.

Tiffany feels bad for teasing Taeyeon. She looks around to check if there are any other customers around. When the coast is clear, she walks to the side and into the bar.

“What are you…”

Taeyeon stops talking when she sees Tiffany placing her hands over her neck.

“Jinwoon-ah, can you close your eyes for 10 seconds?”

Jinwoon chuckles and does what he was asked to do. Tiffany places a kiss on Taeyeon’s lips.

“I regret nothing.”

Taeyeon breaks out into a smile as Tiffany lets go.

“You can open your eyes now, Jinwoon-ah.” Tiffany says to the boy at the cashier. “Have a great shift, cute barista. I’ll see you tonight.”

===

Knock knock.

“Come in.”

“Coffee delivery.”

Tiffany looks up in surprise when she hears the familiar voice. “Taeyeon-ah!”

“Hi.” Taeyeon places the cup of coffee on the table.

“You came up just to bring me this?”

“Didn’t see you this morning so I figured you’re too busy to drop by. You need your daily dose of coffee, don’t you? Brought your colleagues some coffee too.”

“You’re too sweet.” Tiffany smiles. Way too sweet.

“Oh, and this.” Taeyeon takes a sandwich out of the paper bag she’s holding. “Don’t drink the coffee on an empty stomach, okay?”

Seriously, Taeyeon, what is your flaw?

Tiffany leans in for a quick peck on Taeyeon’s cheek.

“Thank you.”

“No problem.” Taeyeon grins. “I’ll leave you to work then. Can’t let Kibum work alone for too long either.” She returns the peck.

“Okay. Bye and thanks again. Dinner if I manage to clear most of the stuff?”

“Of course. Just drop me a text.”

===

Taeyeon notices some scribbling on the cup.

“Jaehwan-ah, your doing?” Taeyeon turns to her boy at the cashier with the cup in her hand.

“Don’t mind me, noona.” Jaehwan smiles cheekily. “She really is pretty.”

“Tiffany, huh?”

“Yeah. I supposed she’s half-Korean? Has an American name but speaks Korean so well, wow…”

“Pretty sure she is.” Taeyeon laughs. “But you might be hitting on the wrong person.”

“Huh? Why?”

Taeyeon merely shakes her head while she finishes the latte art. She covers the lid and approaches Tiffany who is sitting at one of the tables, with Jaehwan looking from the bar.

“Hey.”

“Hey. What’s with the personal delivery today?”

“Saw you on your phone so thought you might be replying emails. And take a look at this.” Taeyeon shows Tiffany the message on the cup.

Tiffany laughs. “This isn’t your handwriting.”

“It’s from the boy at the cashier.”

Tiffany tilts her head to look at Jaehwan. She sees the boy looking away shyly.

“He’s pretty cute.”

“Yah.”

“But you’re the cutest barista, of course. Don’t start sulking now. I don’t want to corrupt the poor boy’s mind yet. Is he new? Haven’t seen him before.”

“He usually works at night too but had to cover someone else’s shift.”

“I see.”

Tiffany stands up and approaches the cashier with Taeyeon following at the back.

“Jaehwan? Thank you for this.” Tiffany shows the cup. “I’m flattered.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter