Second chance

When things get serious
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 9

Wonshik’s POV

It was past midnight when I entered the house, I was exhausted and sleepy so I didn’t mind walking to my room barefooted, I was reaching for the doorknob when Jaehwan’s room’s door opened revealing his sleepy state.

“where were you until…” he looked at the clock on the wall in the dim lights of the house.” … until 2am?”

I smiled, he always surprises me.” I’m sorry if I woke you up, I won’t make any sounds I promise, Good night” I was about to enter my room but Jaehwan was fast enough. “What is wrong with you? Where were you?” Jaehwan asked. he was looking worried and it made me confused, he was the one who was making everything hard.

“Nothing, I thought that my presence makes you uncomfortable so I preferred doing overtime work at company.” I sighed after confessing. Jaehwan looked at me with his wide eyes which had no signs of sleepiness anymore.

“No, No, No it’s not what you think, I was waiting for you to come so we could talk, I should apologize for my behavior so I’m sorry.”

“What do you mean?” I asked and he sighed.

“I was ignoring you because I had some misunderstandings and that was the reason why I was acting like that.” He stated not looking directly at me.

“Oh… really? Am I someone stupid to not get the point of talking? You could have talked to me to sort the things out even though I don’t know your problem.” I was talking with loud voice showing my anger.

“How many times I’ve apologized to you Jaehwan? Was it just a joke to you? I apologized so we could be friends, you helped me this much and I thought that problems were sorted out, but I was wrong.” I stated and sighed.

“I know I should have trusted you but you have no idea what I was thinking….” I cut his sentence. “You could call me and talk. Now tell me that what happened exactly to make these misunderstandings? mind to explain now?” I asked and he stuttered. “During this week working as Mr. Jung’s replacement, I found out about the job position that you have now…” now I get what was he talking about, he has a biggest heart I’ve ever seen but knowing that Hongbin was so important to make him not talk to me made me angry. “And you thought I’ve took Hongbin’s place? And started to hate us? And more importantly… me?” I asked and sigh.

“No I didn’t hate you, you had every right to do this because you are the boss and we are employees, you decide our future. I was thinking about quitting as well because I couldn’t stand firing the one who put his life into doing his job. Then Mr. Jung told me the truth and I thought I should apologize.” Jaehwan said with his teary eyes, I didn’t want to see him devastated like this; I was trying so hard to tell him something to make him feel good.

“I.. I … I’m sorry but it was logical after the punch, you made clear that me and people like me are useless.” Jaehwan stated and sighed.

“How many times I’ve apologized about that stupid act of mine, I was devastated about my mother’s stupid plan and I was out of my mind and I apologized, why are you acting like this?” I asked but Jaehwan just shook his head, ”I’m nobody and everyone knows it, sometimes I’m good and trustworthy so they ask me favors then they forget me, like people at my old workplace who fired me or like the interviewer at the day of interview when they didn’t pick me, or the day I told Mr. Jung about Hongbin but he didn’t believe me … then your punch… you know I love living and I like loving people but you know what is hard? When there is no one by your side and it makes everything harder, I’m just sorry about whole misunderstanding, I’ll go back to sleep.” Jaehwan said and closed the door behind.

I was so angry and sad, why would he think that no one is by his side? I shook my head and knocked his door.

“Can I come in?” I asked and after getting the permission I entered his room, I haven’t been there and it was awkward. His eyes were teary and he made sure to not shed any tear in front of me.” What is it Wonshik?” he asked and I smiled and sat beside him on his bed.

“I’m sorry for shouting I know that Hongbin is so important to you and I get if you become upset about his job, the only thing that makes me upset is that the way you put a wall around yourself when you are with me, telling that you have nobody on your side…” he looked at me and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter