Hard Feeling

Getting Married To You {Sequel of Guided to You}
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

#7

Hard Feeling

 

 

I remembered the first time I visit Baekhyun's house and how his family looked at me in surprise. It was actually a private dinner for family. There were his parents, his brother, his sister-in-law and their little angel who was just 8 months old. It was awkward when Baekhyun introduced me as her girlfriend and his family just gawked at first. They surely didn't saw that I was going to come. The first one who greeted me was his father with a light chuckle. He teased Baekhyun for not telling them earlier and also told us to sit.

I was so nervous that I sweat my palm so much, I even raised my voice a bit when they asked my name. I was too obvious that Baekhyun's older brother laughed at me afterward. Baekhyun's mom, despite being as awkward as me, managed to serve the dinner for me too. I couldn't say much but my gratitude for their kindness. I never been feel so welcomed before because it actually the first time I got introduced to my boyfriend's parent. I have two ex-es before him but considered it was like a teenage and childish love which parents were never involved.

I snapped myself from my own thought. There I was, in the same table with Sehun's family, about to having a breakfast and maybe some chat but my mind got stuck with something else, moreover someone else or ex-boyfriend's memory to be exact. I shook my head and tried to come back to the present time.

The maid was pouring the drink for my glass. When she has done with my breakfast set, the mother of Sehun gave her a curt nod and she soon left. I was eyeing Sehun for the last time before suddenly a more mature and rough voice came from across me.

"So, how long did you say, you were together already?" Sehun's father, Mr. Oh who was once the CEO of my office asked. He already told me to joined the meal before and now he seemed to start the real conversation.

"Few days," Sehun briefly replied as his stabbed the fork to the sausages on his plate. I could hardly move from my position. I was just sitting there, dumb-foundedly.

"We're only about a week to be official, but I knew her for some years ago," surprisingly he continued to answer as I could see that his parents were flustered by his answer before.

His father looked at me and I ducked my head a little lower to avoid his gaze. He was once my boss and could I even dare to see his eyes?

"Well, young lady, tell me about you. Like what did you do for living? what kind of person are you?" Mr. Oh asked again, it was subjected for me exactly and I felt my inside churn immediately.

I hopelessly stared at my lap. What should I start this conversation with? I never felt this nervous for a long time ago. I squeezed my skirt a bit, "I-i..,""She is working at HTC headquarters," Sehun answered his father instead, before I could continue my words. I took a look at Sehun and he just gave me a simple nod.

"Oh, Mr. Hong’s company? I didn’t know that you’re from there. He is my colleague, I knew him for such a long time," His father told and I turned my attention to him, "How long have you been there?"

"Ah, ab-" "She actually just came back from training in States, the company sent her for about two years and she just came, like two weeks ago already," Sehun once again cut me off and replied his father. I raised an eyebrow at him for his sudden interuption but he just secretly signaled me with his eyes and I just pursed my lips right after.

"Oh really? So, you’ve just came from State?" his father asked me again and I just nodded at him. "So what part did you take for the company actually? What makes you get the trainning there?"

"She is working for business and development department. She was once working in analytics division but after she came back from States now she got higher position in Strategic Planning team. She got the whole scholarships from the company for her trainning in States. It actually was a short-term trainning but she asked for the permission to get more trainning in HTC partnership company in States, so then she trained for two years there," Sehun explained and this time, even before I could open my own mouth.

It started to annoy me he carelessly took my part to answer his father’s question. Now he might think I’m sort of stupid or brainless girl who can’t even say a single word about myself.

"Sehun," His father lowly called his name, his face is now more serious. He gave a strong glare which somehow reminds me of Sehun’s glare. "Is your girlfriend mute or something? Why did you explain things on her behalf? Can’t I get to hear her voice?" he chaffed.

My eyes bulged, completely surprised by his question. I felt bad for not directly answering him by myself. I exchanged glances with Sehun but he just shook his head. "Nah, she isn’t muted, deaf or something. She is perfect from inside and outside, that’s why," he nonchalantly replied. I immediately feel worse because of his action. Why did he make it hard for me in front of his parents like this. I slapped his thigh with my palm. He looked at me, disapproved by my action but I already darted a death glare to him so he just pouted.

"I-i’m sorry, Sir. Sehun was just helping me because I’m obviously nervous," Now that I finally composed with myself, I could talk back to Sehun’s father. I slightly nodded my head at him and also his wife that was completely silently, carefully just paid attention at us. When our eyes met, she gave me an assurance smile and I just smiled back at her, politely bowing my head once again.

Out of my expectation, Sehun’s father saw me and he just laughed for a while after I say my apology. "Why would you nervous, young Lady? Are we that scary to you?" he teased and I shook my head instantly, "I-it’s not that, Sir. I was just-" I glanced at Sehun and hope that he would be helping me out but he was still hold some grudge so he just looked at me and keep quiet. I made a face at him and I heard another chuckle from Sehun’s father.

"Ah, are you really in relationship with my son?" he asked again once he finished laughing his off. "Y-yes?" I doubtedly answered, not knowing his actual motives on asking so.

"Well," Sehun’s father smirked at Sehun before he continued, "To tell you the truth, this was the first time Sehun ever bring a girl home. He never really told about his life nor that I want to get involved in his, but I have my sources to know what kind of life my son was having," he turned at me again, "According to what I’ve heard and saw, Sehun is literally not having any intention in serious relationship. He was just sort of playing here and there. I may look like I wasn’t care or oblivious of what’s going on you, Sehun, but I’d like to know what the actual reason of you bringing her here?"

I was stunned by Mr.Oh’s words. It was a bit offensive and I didn’t know why. I shifted my eyes to Sehun and notice he was clenching his fists on his laps. "What did you mean?" he asked.

"There’s nothing but obviously she wasn’t like anyone you was playing around with. I may sounds so offended but I’m just curious," I was keep my head low but silently glanced at Sehun’s father through my lashes, "Now, dear. What about you tell me of how did you meet Sehun and how could you be in relationship with him?" he turned to ask me and I gulped right away.

I lifted my head and unconsciously my tongues goes to my lower lips nervously. Just exactly, how could I explain things between me and Sehun before. Should I literally him or just skipping it to the very best part? I had a mental wars inside my head but realized that I need to answer him quickly.

"Umm.. we actually, accidentally meet when I was having my holiday trip on one island. Sehun happened to be there. We bumped to each other, not in pleasing way, and somehow things were going too unexpected between us to meet again later. We were not in clique at the very first time but looks like fate has another plan for us," I was eyeing Sehun before I speak more,"It.. it turns out that Sehun was the boss of my new company, or the boss’ son to be exact," I pursed my lips and watches

Please log in to read the full chapter