Not Yet

Getting Married To You {Sequel of Guided to You}
Please log in to read the full chapter
#5

Not Yet

 

“Oh Sehun!” shouted a young guy who called himself my best friend, “Where have you been, dude? Gotta find some chicks?” He winked at me.

I rolled my eyes to his idea, “I quit,” my simple answer left him just nodded. I sat on the stool right next to him. “Anyway I was here since two days ago,” I said. I shifted my eyes to the standing guy before the table to order a drink.

“Oh, really? Haven’t see you for a long time so I didn’t really notice you,” He took a gulp at his drink, made a loud after-taste noise, and put his glass down. “And why did you even here? Isn’t everything better for you now, right?”

“I got a problem recently,” looking around to the crowd behind me, I answered him. He sneered, “Like you never have a problem before. You are. .a problem, Sehun,”

Even though I was feeling offended by his words, I only grinned. He wasn’t really wrong about me and problem. It just keeps coming to my life.

“But it’s different,” I talked in further. The next seconds, my drink already served in front of me. “How different is this different?” he lifted his brow like he disbelief in me, “You were different before,” he spoke nonchalantly. I darted a speed sharp glare to him while take a sip to my drink. I stuck my tongue out in instant when the liquor hits me. I have no idea how it suddenly feels like burning my throat like never before.

“Alright, alright. Tell me what is this?” he finally gave me a right response that I anticipated, “Girl, right?” he added. I nodded to him. “Of course, what’s a problem for you other than a girl,” he smirked. I knew he was just teasing me but it kind of to hear it that time. “Shut the up,” I cussed and he just lifted both his hands to the air, “Whoopsie, sorry,” he wasn’t really sorry, just saying.

“I think it’s time for me to settle down,” I started and he already made a big scene by his over reaction. Hands in the air while shaking his head abruptly,”Woah, woah, chill dude,” he said, “You almost made me spill,”

He look at me in annoyance. “Are you being serious right now, Oh Sehun? Because the last time I saw you, you were on that very corner,” he pointed at one spot in the crowd, “Making your move and do everything you want like there’s no tomorrow,”He then shook his head, “Settle down? You have escalated quickly,”

“We ain’t young anymore,” I told him, “I don’t want to be just like that anymore. Have you even consider to stop for a while and re-thinking about your life? And suddenly you remember there’s a future you don’t want to waste,”

He grabbed unto my shoulder suddenly, turned me to see him face to face. He slapped my cheek lightly two or three times. “Yah, yah, wake up, Oh Sehun. It wasn’t you,” he muttered. I grabbed his hand and threw it away from my face. He opened his mouth wide open, “I am not just dreaming, aren’t I? Did I already drunk? Did you?” he took my glass and drank the whole of it. “Aah,” he stuck his tongue out too, “You’re probably drunk, young man.”

I snorted at him, “Since when Oh Sehun is drunk by only a sip of an alcohol. You know exactly I am not drunk now. Not until a barrel of it,”

“Then told me I was drunk already,” he said. “You are not. We’re just two of a kind,” I retorted, “Please take me seriously, don’t be too over-reacted,”

He took a deep breath and sighed, “Oh-kay. Sorry, it’s just shocking me how easy you say that thing. So how’s it become like this?”

I shrugged, “Not even sure. Just recently think to myself, what was I waiting for? It’s not like I want to find someone else. She is different and it’s better. May be the best of all that I could have. Before I change my mind and before it’s already too late,”

“Different? What kind of different, really? The best of all? Are you sure?”

I shook my head this time, “What I supposed to say? Saying she is the same or not the best of all just made me like a fool. Why would I choose to be with her if she is not?,”

For a moment, he scrunched his face. Thinking deeply into his own before he finally spoke, “Sehun. Being in a relationship for you, in my honest opinion, already is a big deal. Never really thought you would chase over a girl. What’s that anymore,” he closed his eyes, trying to remember something, “You have sacrificed yourself for being an affair, for God sake, a second lead. Something I never thought you would do. Something you avoid the most. Have you remember when you told me so?”

“Then when she left you,I thought you would just forget her but you didn’t. I bet she never really leave you, at least, on your mind. How could she changes you that much? And you didn’t even bother by that? I thought nothing or no one can even make me lose my bestfriend, but she really is taking you away from me,” he criticized with a sulky pout in the end. I felt a bad for him but only a while because a moment later, he suddenly turned smile to me,”But she’s taking you away for a god one,”

“Settle down, huh? You better be serious this time, Sehun,” he said. Feeling a cheer on my shoulder I unknowingly smile, “I’m always serious,”

“Who told, you are not?” back to the table, he ordered another drink,”It’s just been a long time for me to remember you ever be serious,”

Sadly, he was saying the truth. “7 or 8 years already since then, Sehun? How do you think about it now?” he asked. Another drink has been delivered in front of me. The question made me think quite hard to answer. I need an extra effort to answer. “I do nothing wrong. It’s not my loss,” I quietly said.

“Yes, it’s not yours,” he patted my shoulder gently.

We’ve been friends since the first time I came here. Not even sure about our first meeting but it was in the same club as we are tonight. We are drinking buddies turn into bestfriends. I might be was super lonely before that I had to find someone like him as a friend. Surprisingly I feel so comfortable to tell him anything about me even though he wasn’t really an extrovert to tell me much about him. May be it’s t

Please log in to read the full chapter