Oppa

Getting Married To You {Sequel of Guided to You}
Please log in to read the full chapter
#3

 O P P A

 

"Hello, nice to meet you, it’s been a long time,”

I looked up from my phone to see a man standing before my table. He grabbed the back of the chair and decided to sit across to me. He looked so calm while I was already sweating from the moments ago. He smiled at me with his puppy eyes and those thin lips that never change. His hair grew longer and even though he didn’r arranged it well today, it still look nice.

“Helloooooo....” he waved his hands to the air in front of me. I was startled and he chuckled.”Do I really look handsome nowadays?” he asked.

I blew him a cherry, “Tsk, very confidence.” “No one will tell me that so I did it myself,” he retorted. I grinned at him, “Alright. I admit that you’re getting better and better,”

He opened his eyes wide, smiles proudly, and whistled, “Someone will get jealous you know,” he was teasing me and I couldn’t help but gulped. My mind froze for a few seconds but he already asked me again, “So, how have you been? You look great, too. Did you gain some weight? Your cheeks look fluffier than ever,” he moved his eyes all around my face to scanned me. How did he know I gain some weight? He surely still took a quite good attention at me.

I nodded to him, “Yes, I did. Am I fat?”

He shook his head right away, “No, you’ve gained your weight but it’s not escaping you from being skinny. Your cheeks just look chubbier. I thought it’s because of . . your hair? Did you cut it, too?”

“Huh?” I was surprised that he notices the change of my hair too. I didn’t even cut it too much from the last time. It’s not very different than two years ago, I guess. “Yeah, I did too. Do I look weird?”

He shook his head again, “Of course not. It suits you better than a messy long hair like before,”

I gawked at him and a chuckle surpassed, “So you thought my hair looks like a mess before?”

He rolled his eyes, “Well, sometime, yes.”

“Yah!” I halfly yelled at him, “Byun Baekhyun! How dare you talk about it just now?!”

Baekhyun was then laughing at me. I gritted my teeth and acted like I was going to hit him but he just laughed even more. “No, no, no. I was just kidding,”

“NOT funny, okay?” I told him and he nodded right away.

It was a day after my birthday. My parents told me that it’ll good for me to meet Baekhyun. I agreed with that and Sehun was more than agree with that. I did still keep in touch with Baekhyun sometimes when I went abroad. It was Hye Rin who was accidentally getting caught by him. Sehun had a good relationship with Baekhyun even more than they ever have before and my parents –especially my Mom– never really stopped to contact him whenever.

Out of all those facts, meeting him personally was still made me so nervous. I was caught cheating on him before. We broke up and I ended up being in a relationship with someone that ruined our relationship. Despite of being mad, Baekhyun is a very big-hearted person not to let his ego and forgave each of us. Hell, yeah, what did I do to someone this kind?

“I heard your parents are in town but where are they? And also where’s Sehun anyway?” Baekhyun has just finished to order a drink.

“My parents are in the second floor. They told me they’ll go to look for something. And Sehun,” I tried to be as normal as I could but calling his name in front of Baekhyun was really awkward for me after a while,”Sehun went to the toilet,”

He nodded at the information and then pouted, “Are you sure they weren’t just setting the both of us?Like, you know, may be they tried to make us talk personally,”

I blinked at him. “I-i wasn’t sure, but Ah!” I clapped my hands suddenly, “I wonder if Sehun has a problem with his bladder but I think I know now, yeah,” I looked at Baekhyun, “they were probably setting us up. He never spent his time in the toilet for more than five minutes. That jerk, I really need to hit him after this,”

I took my phone from the table and texted something to Sehun in a furious mode while Baekhyun was looking at me in amusement.

“Well, I guess both of  you are still the same. Even better,” he commented. “Huh?” I looked at him in confusion. Baekhyun showed me a big smile, “It’s fun with him right? I mean, everything’s alright, right?” he asked.

What would you react if your ex ask about your boyfriend? I was spacing out when he asked me in a sudden with such a kind of question like that. Didn’t know what to answer, I just bobbed my head.

He smiled brightly one again.  “You look so awkward you know, please don’t. I’m okay with everything if you ever feel worry to me. I’m happy for both of you, for yourself, and also myself. There’s nothing to be regret of,”

I cut him off, “Baekhyun-aa.. I was,” “No. Don’t be sorry,” he interupted, “Everything that has already happened, just forget it. Save the good ones and leave the bad behind. Understand?” he lower his head to looked at me in the eyes.

“Yes, I understand,”My lips formed a thin smile for him. “Tell yourself that I’m your big brother, you can start to call me oppa again,” he suggested but I shook my head straight after, “No way, I don’t want to. I’m not going to call you oppa,”

“Why?”

“Because. .” I took a few seconds to think for a reason but I knew exactly why I didn’t want to call him oppa anymore. It would remind me to the time when I started to look at him romantically. The first time I fell for him. “I just don’t want too, it’s weird!”

Baekhyun scrunched, “It’s weirder for you to call me by name. You’re younger anyway! You shouldn’t call me casually like that,”

“No! I’ll call you what I want to call you, no need to tell me what I’m supposed to do,”

“Woah, really, you! You’re sooooo..... immature,”

            “What? Immature? Oh my god, firstly, Byun Baekhyun–“

And just like that we started to argue about what should I call him later but in the end, he was giving up because it was wasting our time he said. I kept calling him by his name even if he didn’t like it and he said he was too old to argue about this thing so he wanted to argue no more. We had a casual talk after that. We were sharing about what kind of life we’re living in these past two years and he excitedly told me about his career. I was more than happy to hear him being successful in his own way and he supported me as well.

I’m glad that even after so many things happen between us, we could still be the same. I might lose him as my boyfriend but I won’t lose him as a person who was already be my side naturally for several years. I want to save him as my friend or just like he said, as a brother.

“Ah, I actually have something to do, so I should leave now,” Baekhyun looked at wristwatch and I nodded to him. “It’s okay, It was fun to talk you again even for a while,” said me. “Me too. Just tell me if you need some helps. I’ll be glad to do so. We still can keep in touch, right?” he offered me his hand.

“Always, don’t worry!” I  shook his hands excitedly. We let our hands off each other’s. Baekhyun bobbed his head

Please log in to read the full chapter