Surprise

Getting Married To You {Sequel of Guided to You}
Please log in to read the full chapter
#4 Surprise  

 

I have a meeting after work, can not promise to make it today.

 

For the tenth time already, I saw the last text on my phone. I refreshed it for several times just in case there will be additional text, but no text has been sent for the next minutes.

 

Alright. Can we meet tomorrow? Time doesn’t matter.

 

I already replied the text for about thirty minutes ago but still no answer from him. He might be or might be not too focus on his work or else, he was just avoiding me. Again.

I checked the previus texts I have recently with him and I noticed that rather than being in a sweet and lovey-dovey conversation like we used to be, the conversation had changed. It was not How are you, I miss you anymore but more like I have a work to do, don’t forget to lunch or Too exhausted today, let’s see if we can have a dinner tomorrow and there were no I miss you nor I love you. It would simply ended by a Goodbye, Goodnight, or Have a nice dream. And I knew exactly it wasn’t like Sehun he used to be. Sehun is a TOTAL dork. He was an expert of cheesy and  corny words. He was a hopeless romantic and a sweet talker. Not to mention, he’s full of over-confidence-self. He would tell a self-complimentary to himself, at least once in a day. But where is that Sehun nowadays? He was in his secondary personality which I don’t really like, a total JERK. I thought he already lost that side of him but he did not yet. And I really really hate it.

Oh Sehun, you’re gonna pay it. I’m not going to play with your egotism self. This’s not how you mess with a woman like me.

I would like to catch him in the act like go to his office or his home right away but it wasn’t like I have a free time for to do so. For the entire week, I have enough much tasks and appointment to attend due to my new position. A higher level with bigger salary made from a bigger responsibility, harder work, and a higher integrity to commit. So, we both had the following hectic days and we need to be such a workaholic in anytime like this.

But tomorrow is weekend. No one should be a workaholic in those days. Everyone just need an one fine day. For me, I need one fine day to rest and to solve my problems. Especially with Sehun. If only he was not avoiding me like a coward. Wasn’t he the one who told me not to running from the reality, from problems, and everything? He was just being contradictive with his own words.

*****

 

Sehun was walking down from the 24 stories hotel he said his meeting took place. That was already 10 pm in the evening. Sehun was literally being honest but never thought it’s going to be this late after the meeting. He walked to his car which was already park in front of the building.

He opened the door at the back. He slipped out his phone from his trouser’s pocket before he let himself inside. His eyes was still focusing on the phone. Probably started to worry about the last text message he didn’t reply or any calls he didn’t catch yet. The car engine started. “Let’s go to home already,” Sehun talked from the backseat. He didn’t even took a glance, he was busy writing something from his phone or probably just entering some number from his phone because the next few seconds, there was a phone ringing from inside the car. It wasn’t his, but I knew exactly whose it was.

When the phone started to ring, Sehun was surprised and his eyes darted to the seat at the front.

“Are you calling me?” Still focusing on the road, I was talking to him from the driver seat.

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?” Sehun suddenly yelled from his seat. I turned my head around a bit only to see him was startled. He dropped his phone down from his ear.

“What?” I acted like there’s nothing big happen. Sehun rubbed his eyes repeatedly to make sure himself was not just hallucinating. But from the clearly voice of mine he could hear, he surely know he wasn’t. “Wh-why are you driving my car? Wh-where’s the driver?” Sehun asked. I looked at him from the rearview mirror. “I overtook his job while he’ll drive my car back to my home,” I spoke nonchalantly. I didn’t catch Sehun blinks because I already focused on the street.

There was not any sound from there suddenly. When it comes to the not-so-crowded street, I dared myself to look at the back. “Hello...? Is Mr. Oh still awake, or he probably already asleep?” I asked rhetorically. Sehun was more than just surprised, he was speechless. He lost all his words from the first time he saw me here, acted like his driver and drove his car like it happen usually.

“What are you doing?” Sehun had his face expressionless. I still didn’t get his emotional in yet. Didn’t sure if he was just confused, surprised, or got mad already. I shrugged and looked at the front again, “If you aren’t going to make it for me today, I’ll just make it up to you,” I said. Sehun shook his head in disbelief.

“You see, I had a meeting not a long time ago, how am I supposed to meet you this late? Could you just possibly wait until tomorrow?” he asked.

I rolled my eyes. I was sure he caught my gesture. “And will you make it for tomorrow, Sehun? Or are you going to make any excuses that you didn’t think yet?”

“What are you talking about? Why should I make any excuses? I-i’m going to see you tomorrow,” he replied.

I restrained a laugh inside and sneered, “Oh, really? Did you just call me to say that? Or you just want to say sorry and a buh-bye?”

 “What’s this all about? Why are you acting like this?” Sehun raised his voice up. It feels like he was annoyed by my presence. “Stop the car!” He demanded. I shook my head, “No, let’s talk before I stop the car,”

“Stop the car and talk,” he insisted. I looked at him through the mirror. He was glaring at me. The known sharp-sight which unnoticeable for the last couple of days is back. It was as sharp as a knife that ready to kill. I pouted and then stopped the car at the side of the road.

Fortunately I already had an idea. Once he went out from the car, I directly locked the car from inside. I knew he would go the driver seat to drag me out and I was correct. Sehun tried to open my door but he was surprised when he knew it was locked. He knocked on the window immediately. He cupped his eyes from outside the window to see me inside. His mouth was saying ‘Open’ but I shook my head and said ‘NO’ to him. I saw he was then yelling at me, “Yah! Open the door!” he knocked on the window repeatedly. He pulled himself out from the door. His hand went to his pocket, searching for something which I assumed is his phone but he eventually groaned when he remembered his phone was left inside. He knocked on the window again only this time he tried to beg. “Open the door please. Really really, please. It’s cold outside,” he reasoned.

I huffed and then openned the window, only a bit for his eyes to see. “I’m not going to open unless you promise to talk tonight,” I said to him. “But it is cold outside,” He pouted, trying to act cute but I didn’t care. “Promise me or freeze to death,” I retorted. He grunted but he was not giving up to open the door. He instantly slipped his hand from a small gap of the opened window but too bad, I was faster than him. I lifted the window up so his hand probably strangulated in between. He screamed in pain and I immediately opened the window again to let his hands go. I lifted it up again so it’s only made a small space only to make our eyes glaring at each other. “How dare you,” he gritted his teeth while rubbing his own hand. I lifted my brow and made a sorry-not-to-sorry bvtch face.

“Alright, alright. Let’s talk tonight whatever you want to talk about,” he finally said. I looked at his eyes, “Really?” I asked him once again. He nodded, “Yes. Just open the door now,”

I grinned at him. “But I won’t let you drive. Sit in the passenger seat,” I told him. “No, I don’t want to. Let me drive,” he said. “No~ There is a possibility you’ll try to break the promise,” I said. He rolled his eyes, “You’re so unbelievable,” “Yes, I am. Sit there or I’ll leave you here,” I finally demanded him. He gawked at me in annoyance and the just grumpled while walking to the passenger seat door. I looked at him proudly at myself. I opened the door and he went inside right away.

“Good choice,” I greeted him once he sat. Sehun just scoff and put his seatbelt on. I only smiled to my own winning towards him and started the car straight after.

We were driving on silence afterwards. Sehun folded his

Please log in to read the full chapter